PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FYI: BB Price match confirmation

I hate to make a new topic for this but for those that have to buy the phone outright like I do I figured you may want to know. I went to bb just to confirm the price match thing and the lady says they will indeed honor the $449 price. Luckily for me, she said she had actually just come from Sprint's training on the evo and they had confirmed their msrp @ $449 which is why she was able to confirm it. She also said no ads or anything are required since she already knows the msrp (this will probably vary from store to store).

She also said being on an advantage line isnt a problem i'd just have to call the advantage club to get it activated.. which ive already confirmed with them that they will do so... if youre wanting to pre-order and have to buy outright BB is the way to go. I went ahead and pre-ordered mine and she said 9 times out of 10 she will get them in the night before (June 3rd) and will start making calls down the list to come pick it up.. (Im #9).
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:44 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: FYI: BB Price match confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I hate to make a new topic for this but for those that have to buy the phone outright like I do I figured you may want to know. I went to bb just to confirm the price match thing and the lady says they will indeed honor the $449 price. Luckily for me, she said she had actually just come from Sprint's training on the evo and they had confirmed their msrp @ $449 which is why she was able to confirm it. She also said no ads or anything are required since she already knows the msrp (this will probably vary from store to store).

She also said being on an advantage line isnt a problem i'd just have to call the advantage club to get it activated.. which ive already confirmed with them that they will do so... if youre wanting to pre-order and have to buy outright BB is the way to go. I went ahead and pre-ordered mine and she said 9 times out of 10 she will get them in the night before (June 3rd) and will start making calls down the list to come pick it up.. (Im #9).
Remind me what the "Advantage" plan is again.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:47 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

It's basically the sprint employee plan. Had it been anyone other than the cell manager in there I wouldnt have posted it but she said she was 100% sure as she's the one that makes the decision whether to price match phones or not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cmilviper is just getting started

Thanks for the info...Hopefully my Best Buy store will do the same thing, as I am in the same boat.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It looks more and more that I won't get the 199 price, so thanks for this post. Hopefully my Best Buy will honor it.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Wow this is surprising. BB only gets kickbacks on people with 2 year eligibility. I wonder if they get some sort of kickback on the EVO alone.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

donnelljrn is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Does any body know if Radio Shack will price match ? I live in the small town of Parkesburg PA , Amish country out here. I went in to the RS to do a preorder on the Evo. First the sales men told be that no one has preorder yet and he thinks no one will at this store. But that they would still have them ready on the 4. Then he told I could not preorder becasue I'm not due on my upgrade yet. That I would have to just walk in on the 4 and buy one right out. And He also did not know the price yet that they would be going for. I been reading on the threads it will be $450.

So does anybody know if RS will sell the phone for more then 450 or will they price match ? Where should I buy from to get the best price on the EVO ? or will Sprint,BB,RS all have the same prices on a stright out buy of the phone. Thanks guys.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

One thing I'd like to ask is for someone else to confirm this at another store. All we know, you may have a rep who may not be 100% sure, or just mistaken.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BruceBanner is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnelljrn View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Does any body know if Radio Shack will price match ? I live in the small town of Parkesburg PA , Amish country out here. I went in to the RS to do a preorder on the Evo. First the sales men told be that no one has preorder yet and he thinks no one will at this store. But that they would still have them ready on the 4. Then he told I could not preorder becasue I'm not due on my upgrade yet. That I would have to just walk in on the 4 and buy one right out. And He also did not know the price yet that they would be going for. I been reading on the threads it will be $450.

So does anybody know if RS will sell the phone for more then 450 or will they price match ? Where should I buy from to get the best price on the EVO ? or will Sprint,BB,RS all have the same prices on a stright out buy of the phone. Thanks guys.
i was told by my radio shack that they will not sell it out right for atleast a month or two.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

ace741 is keeping up the good workace741 is keeping up the good work

Yes a confirmation would be a good idea for those who plan to buy it outright. Cause if you pre purchase from BB and price is $600, the deposit is non refundable I believe.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G