PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMRZ69 View Post
Got a quick question for any of those who would b willing to give me some good advice the evo releases on the june 4th which puts me at 21 months but sprint site says 22 for the full 150 upgrade do u think they will let me slide a month or how can i get them to let me slide that 1 month to get the full 150 upgrade?
my upgrade 4 the $150 was not due until august 1st 2010. i called *2 and informed the customer rep that i was intrested in the evo but didnt want 2 wait till august, she said changing the upgrade was not a problem and proceeded to change it 2, May 1st 2010. i also was/am out of contract, so that may have factored in also.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Looking through this thread, I've seen one or two mentions that The Shack does not require any deposit for pre-ordering the EVO through them... is this actually the case? Can anyone who pre-ordered their's at The Shack please confirm this? I ask because I was originally planning on pre-ordering at Best Buy, but won't have the $50 until NEXT Friday (only a week before launch) and I want to make sure I get mine on Day One...
Radio Shack requires a $50 deposit also. It's loaded onto a gift card that you use against the EVO purchase.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrigham View Post
Looking through this thread, I've seen one or two mentions that The Shack does not require any deposit for pre-ordering the EVO through them... is this actually the case? Can anyone who pre-ordered their's at The Shack please confirm this? I ask because I was originally planning on pre-ordering at Best Buy, but won't have the $50 until NEXT Friday (only a week before launch) and I want to make sure I get mine on Day One...
i did the pre-order with radio shack and it does/did require the $50 deposit that was returned in the form of a gift card that has 2 b brought in on the day of device pick-up.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
my upgrade 4 the $150 was not due until august 1st 2010. i called *2 and informed the customer rep that i was intrested in the evo but didnt want 2 wait till august, she said changing the upgrade was not a problem and proceeded to change it 2, May 1st 2010. i also was/am out of contract, so that may have factored in also.
If you are out of contract then why would you have an upgrade date? The upgrade date and contract go hand and hand. You should automatically be eligible for the $150 if you aren't in a contract.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
If you are out of contract then why would you have an upgrade date? The upgrade date and contract go hand and hand. You should automatically be eligible for the $150 if you aren't in a contract.
actually they dont go hand and hand all the time.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Indigenous Nudist

Torx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIPTorx is a VIP

is there any benefit to buying the $200 evo from bb over buying from sprint and using a 150 credit?

the girl at bb told me it would be more expensive buying from sprint. I just want the phone early rather than waiting for a sprint store to have them or buying through telesales.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
This was my understanding as well.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
is there any benefit to buying the $200 evo from bb over buying from sprint and using a 150 credit?

the girl at bb told me it would be more expensive buying from sprint. I just want the phone early rather than waiting for a sprint store to have them or buying through telesales.
BB converts the mail-in-rebate to an instant rebate. Net price should be the same either way, but at BB you walk out the door paying only $199.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Newsie and More
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Ticklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuffTicklemepinks knows their stuff

take this wit a grain of salt but two sprint stores I went to today claim there will have the fone in store on the 4th of june, so hopefully thats true and no telesales!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
I just had an online chat with a Sprint Rep and I called and both reps told me there was no way to change the upgrade date. So I'm curious about the few posts I've seen on here claiming they had their upgrade date moved ahead. But The online rep did offer to take $100 of the price of the phone. He said he would put a note on my account.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G