PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 10:05 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Preorder at Walmart

All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here.

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Is this confirmed because Sprint has not stated such.

CW

Yes, because the phone is being sold for $299, with a $100 MIR.

For instance, Sprint will not say the Evo will cost $199, and then only charge that price for a day. I'm 100% sure the MIR will always be $100, until we see a price drop for the phone which wont be until a couple of months.

I confirmed with a representative too. The phone is going to be sold for $199 with a MIR even past that MIR expiration date.

As for the MIR, they always have the rebates expiring on certain dates but the same rebates will show up the next day. This happens all the time with other phones as well. For instance, when the TP2 was $350 for a steady amount of time, the MIR would expire on a certain date and start back up again. Currently, the TP2's MIR is set to expire on 6/5/2010, even if Sprint lowers the price of the unit, there will be another MIR for the phone. Its always the same amount.

Trust me guys . You can always go ask a Sprint store rep as well. But I'm 100% sure on my end.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:13 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
Yes, because the phone is being sold for $299, with a $100 MIR.

For instance, Sprint will not say the Evo will cost $199, and then only charge that price for a day. I'm 100% sure the MIR will always be $100, until we see a price drop for the phone which wont be until a couple of months.

I confirmed with a representative too. The phone is going to be sold for $199 with a MIR even past that MIR expiration date.

As for the MIR, they always have the rebates expiring on certain dates but the same rebates will show up the next day. This happens all the time with other phones as well. For instance, when the TP2 was $350 for a steady amount of time, the MIR would expire on a certain date and start back up again. Currently, the TP2's MIR is set to expire on 6/5/2010, even if Sprint lowers the price of the unit, there will be another MIR for the phone. Its always the same amount.

Trust me guys . You can always go ask a Sprint store rep as well. But I'm 100% sure on my end.
Good enough for me Im getting it on the 4th anyways...lol thanks again!

CW
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

NCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good workNCHEVYHEVN is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb22 View Post
Let me remind everyone that these Wal-mart pre-orders are being fulfilled by LetsTalk. Infamous for there crazy T&Cs, secondary ETFs, etc.
What does T&C's and ETF's mean?

Quote:
All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here.

CW

Oops sorry. You can close this thread I guess.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Good enough for me Im getting it on the 4th anyways...lol thanks again!

CW

lol, no problem man! Dont worry, the Evo will be sold for $199 with a MIR for at least a couple of months, until the next best thing comes out. (But I dont see that happening for awhile. )
Old 05-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Threads merged (again). Please keep ALL discussions regarding pre-orders for the EVO in THIS thread ONLY.

Thank you for your assitance in keeping our forums clean and organized.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:25 PM
War is the answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post

Oops sorry. You can close this thread I guess.
ETE= early termination fee

CW
Old 05-17-2010, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHEVYHEVN View Post
Terms and Conditions. Early Termination Fees.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROOKNAM View Post
my upgrade 4 the $150 was not due until august 1st 2010. i called *2 and informed the customer rep that i was intrested in the evo but didnt want 2 wait till august, she said changing the upgrade was not a problem and proceeded to change it 2, May 1st 2010. i also was/am out of contract, so that may have factored in also.
Yea i think you being out of contract definately played into that cause i talked to a rep today and they said no one there could change the date of 2 yr upgrade to any sooner even retentions supposedly can only let u slide if you're 2 weeks shy thats it so now im at the delima of already pre-ordered and only able to get 75 off on the 4th or add a line to get the full 150 what to do what to do?
Old 05-17-2010, 10:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
I just had an online chat with a Sprint Rep and I called and both reps told me there was no way to change the upgrade date. So I'm curious about the few posts I've seen on here claiming they had their upgrade date moved ahead. But The online rep did offer to take $100 of the price of the phone. He said he would put a note on my account.
How did you get them to give you a $100 off the phone i would like that since they wont budge on giving me the 2 yr. 150 so im stuck with the 75 off right now

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G