PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 08:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: All Evo 4G Pre-Order Discussions Go Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
That would be my preference too. Radio Shack made it sound like my $50 gift card would only be good towards the phone though, so if I change my mind I am out $50. Is this true or did I just happen to go to a Radio Shack where the employees don't quite know what they are talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
The rep I talked to stated that the $50 was non refundable but you can use the card in the store for something else
^True. It's right on the pre-order receipt:

"If you decide you do not wish to purchase the handset, you may instead apply the gift card toward other in-store products or services."
Old 05-14-2010, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

bb2ppc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bb2ppc

Got my Pre-order from BB, let the count down begin.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:33 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb2ppc View Post
Got my Pre-order from BB, let the count down begin.
Lucky you!

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

The Best Buy in Madison Heights, MI stated that the full retail price was between 650-700! :'( But on Sprints site it says 449.99. I think I'm going with Sprint and charge it to my account.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
The Best Buy in Madison Heights, MI stated that the full retail price was between 650-700! :'( But on Sprints site it says 449.99. I think I'm going with Sprint and charge it to my account.
BestBuy is known to do this. I'm guessing they lose money if you bought it without contract & they're making up for it. I remember the original TP was listed for 749.99 without contract when it first came out
Old 05-14-2010, 09:42 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman313 View Post
That what Im doing better deal that way.

CW
Old 05-14-2010, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 & HTC Hero

sikclown is keeping up the good worksikclown is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
That what Im doing better deal that way.

CW
Yes that is the way I am going to do it too. In an interesting note I talked to a bunch of chat reps (I know Grain of salt here) but they all seem to have the same script. I asked all of them if I would be able to order online on the 4th an the answer is always... Yes and that all of their channels will carry the phone on the 4th including telesales, sprint.com, sprint stores, best buy, radio shack, and Walmart... The walmart was interesting to hear. Again grain of salt
Old 05-14-2010, 10:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7VDR View Post
Yeah and it takes 2 or 3 months to straighten it out. thats why i cringe every time i change something on my account!
Yeah tell me about it had the same thing happen to me still tryin to straighten things out.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC-EVO

JAMRZ69 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7VDR View Post
Yeah and it takes 2 or 3 months to straighten it out. thats why i cringe every time i change something on my account!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
From what I got from sprint's evo training what gets pre ordered is what they are getting shipped. Its going to be separate from their stock.

CW
Sweet then im guaranteed an EVO on the 4th,and the crowd rejoiced
Old 05-14-2010, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

called customer service 2day 2 switch out of my sero account the rep was pretty knowledgeable and agreed 2 push up my rebate to MAY 1st so that i will be eligible for the $150 discount. she also suggested the $59.99 "new sero" plan, she informed me that employee discounts are not allowed on this plan, but since i have 1 on my sero plan she was not going 2 make any changes 2 it and if the system eventually knocks the discount off that i can switch 2 the 69.99 plan & use the discount on that 1. After work i went 2 the radio shack down the block from my home and asked 1 of the clerks about pre-ordering the evo for which they had an advertisement displayed. he asked was i eligible 4 an upgrade then proceeded 2 explain the whole process to me. he said i had 2 the 5th 2 pick up my evo r it would go back into allotment for the walk in public he also stated that if the evo and its accessories came in a few days early that they would call 2 see if i want 2 pick it up early, i asked what does the accessories have 2 do with it and he said that the $20 accessory "gift" has 2 be utilized at the time of pick up... lets hope things continue 2 go smoothly.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G