PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Ruh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2x HTC EVO 3D Battery 1930mAh + Dock USB Charger $35 (normally 50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyzac View Post
I've been using them for the first time today and I am getting about the same time as I get out of my stock battery, not much more...But the battery hasn't been broken in.

On another note, one of the batteries they sent me is broken...the plastic separating the different parts of the metal pieces on the battery is bent...Emailed HTC express..Wonder how they will handle this.

Sent from my 3vo via Tapatalk
Cool let me know how the email to them goes, I'll let your experience also be reflected in my rating of them.

One very noticeable difference between the stock batteries and these batteriesis is that these charge a hell of a lot faster. My wife pointed it out to me and I thought she was just mistaken etc. But I tested it out and notice that it charges faster. I am still seeing better battery life though...however as time goes on I am tinkering settings in my phone squeazing as much juice out as I can. For instance ALL of my email is now setup to be pushed to phone and syncing of anything is down to a very minimum. Really the only thing that syncs multiple times a day that I can see so far is weather and that is only because it is on my lock screen and home screen. Everything else that I can find is setup to sync once a day.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rose4uKY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Ok I have been reading about these batteries and they seem to be good. I also saw where someone used off10 at HTC express and I tried it and it worked so my total is 31.49. I have not finished my transaction yet and was hoping those who bought these could chime in on how there working out.

I bought 3 generic ones off ebay with a wall charger plus one extra wall charger. The other day my phone icon said 52% but my phone died and I tried putting in 2 of my generics out of the 3 and my phone wouldn't come on. All were fully charged by my two wall chargers. But one out of the 3 turned on my phone other two didn't. So I now have the original HTC and one generic.I fully charged both of those last night HTC in phone other in wall charger. I try to mostly keep my HTC in phone. My other two were full and I just stuck one in the wall charger and it's pink and has been charging for an hour. So once it's charged I am going to try it again in my phone.But everyone says these batteries are cheap and they say 1800 and are really a 1000 and I do know they don't last long. So I want to order these chichitec and Amazon had one for 18.99 but for 31 bucks I can get 2 and a wall charger from HTC Express. I don't think I've ordered from them before.

Also does it matter if you charge the original in one of the wall chargers or not and these red ones I am getting will it matter if I charge one in my other wall charger or does it have to be the that came with these batteries. It may be same wall charger as the generic ebay one I don't know. I just know some people get 8 hours or more off the HTC battery and I don't and I always have had extra. I had one for my TP2 and 2 for my EVO. But I hope these work out for me.

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 09-01-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have one in mine and one in my wife's E3D and they both seem to work fine.

Good luck!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 AM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The ChiChi batteries have been working GREAT for me. The one major difference that I have noticed is that they seem to charge a lot faster than the OEM batteries. If you buy them my suggestion would be to first charge them on the a wall charger overnight and then put them in your phone. Then after that try to never let them go below 20% charge and absolutely never let them fully drain if you can help it at all. These batteries see regular data/text use from me and I have on several occasions put 12+ hrs into them (full day at work then going out) without a true need to top them off. It is usually a close call on those days, but my phone makes it.

Some other tips, set your phone up to push mail or sync every few hours, and set it so power save comes on at like 30%. I also have a brightness widget and I generally leave my phone at 0% brightness (brightness is a big battery killer) because while indoors that is more than enough for me. Disable wifi/4g/bt/etc when you aren't using them especially when it has to keep looking for service.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

After reading this I decided to splurge and order them. My cheap generic batteries don't work well and I am going to NY in November and will be checking out 4G. I ordered from HTC Express with the 10% off coupon code coming to 31.49 cheaper than Amazon's 35 plus 3 for shipping. Should I only charge these specific ones in the wall charger that comes with the batteries or in the phone and only use my other 2 wall chargers for my cheap generic ones that from ebay? Now I am done and all set with accessories. I have 2 nice Seidio cases and the Seidio dock. They let me review an active case and a dock. And I bought the new kickstand case which Rocks! And I did get 3 batteries and a wall charger off ebay for 15 bucks plus an extra wall charger for 6 bucks. Well you get what you pay for and the generic ones aren't really 1800 or whatever it says on there and mine only last a couple hours. So I am looking forward to trying these out. Reminds of my old EVO battery the red. Thanks for the review. On Amazon it says EVO3D on the battery and on HTC Express it says EVO 4G 3D but the model numbers are the same so I am assuming it's the same thing no matter who you order from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
The ChiChi batteries have been working GREAT for me. The one major difference that I have noticed is that they seem to charge a lot faster than the OEM batteries. If you buy them my suggestion would be to first charge them on the a wall charger overnight and then put them in your phone. Then after that try to never let them go below 20% charge and absolutely never let them fully drain if you can help it at all. These batteries see regular data/text use from me and I have on several occasions put 12+ hrs into them (full day at work then going out) without a true need to top them off. It is usually a close call on those days, but my phone makes it.

Some other tips, set your phone up to push mail or sync every few hours, and set it so power save comes on at like 30%. I also have a brightness widget and I generally leave my phone at 0% brightness (brightness is a big battery killer) because while indoors that is more than enough for me. Disable wifi/4g/bt/etc when you aren't using them especially when it has to keep looking for service.

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 09-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

you can charge the batteries while they are in your phone, i just suggest using the wall charger overnight to make sure they get an uninterrupted charge overnight. since doing my overnight wall charge my battery has been in my phone for a month or so now and only been charged via the phone.

just make sure before you use it the first time the battery charges overnight to include several hours after the charging indicator says the battery is full.
Old 09-02-2011, 02:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

I understand that and I plan on doing that but I have 2 extra wall chargers that came with my cheap generic batteries off ebay is this wall charger different? Since I am getting 2 batteries plus one charger from chichitec should I only charge those batteries in that specific charger or when I get them can I charge one in the charger that comes with the 2 red batteries and the other in my other wall charger or do you recommend not doing that? Thanks!

Quote:
you can charge the batteries while they are in your phone, i just suggest using the wall charger overnight to make sure they get an uninterrupted charge overnight. since doing my overnight wall charge my battery has been in my phone for a month or so now and only been charged via the phone.

just make sure before you use it the first time the battery charges overnight to include several hours after the charging indicator says the battery is full.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 PM
Ruh
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I would imagine it wouldn't be a problem to mix and match as you suggest, however I would still say to try and avoid it if you can. Though it would probably be like using my Samsung Moment's data cable and my HTC USB charger to charge my Evo 3d. Probably won't hurt anything since all the parts fit...but I just get paranoid like that.

(imagine the extremely unlikely event of my house catching fire because of that mix/match I could see the fault somehow being mine for mixing etc)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:13 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Found these and I am considering buying them. I am insterested if anyone has any experience with chichitec/htcexpress.com?

These batteries fit in the HTC Evo 3D without the need for getting an additional back specially for the battery.

CHICHITEC HTC EVO 3D Battery 1930mAh 2xBatteries Dock USB CHGR BG86100 BA S560 G14 Z710E
You can get these on Ebay alot cheaper. You can get it on Amazon too. Only paid 13.95 on Ebay for charger and 2 batteries. Have been using them for over a month and they work just fine. I keep 2 batteries swapped all the time and have extra battery in car for emergencies.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 09-03-2011, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b

The same ChiChiTec ones are on ebay or are yo
u talking about the cheap generic ones that are mislabeled and don't last that long and aren't as good.. Cause I have 3 of those with a wall charger that was 15 bucks and they say 1800 and I was told people pulled off stickers and there only a 1000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
You can get these on Ebay alot cheaper. You can get it on Amazon too. Only paid 13.95 on Ebay for charger and 2 batteries. Have been using them for over a month and they work just fine. I keep 2 batteries swapped all the time and have extra battery in car for emergencies.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 3D > HTC Evo 3D Accessories