View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Rose4uKY
PPCGeeks Regular

Rose4uKY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: 2x HTC EVO 3D Battery 1930mAh + Dock USB Charger $35 (normally 50)

After reading this I decided to splurge and order them. My cheap generic batteries don't work well and I am going to NY in November and will be checking out 4G. I ordered from HTC Express with the 10% off coupon code coming to 31.49 cheaper than Amazon's 35 plus 3 for shipping. Should I only charge these specific ones in the wall charger that comes with the batteries or in the phone and only use my other 2 wall chargers for my cheap generic ones that from ebay? Now I am done and all set with accessories. I have 2 nice Seidio cases and the Seidio dock. They let me review an active case and a dock. And I bought the new kickstand case which Rocks! And I did get 3 batteries and a wall charger off ebay for 15 bucks plus an extra wall charger for 6 bucks. Well you get what you pay for and the generic ones aren't really 1800 or whatever it says on there and mine only last a couple hours. So I am looking forward to trying these out. Reminds of my old EVO battery the red. Thanks for the review. On Amazon it says EVO3D on the battery and on HTC Express it says EVO 4G 3D but the model numbers are the same so I am assuming it's the same thing no matter who you order from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruh View Post
The ChiChi batteries have been working GREAT for me. The one major difference that I have noticed is that they seem to charge a lot faster than the OEM batteries. If you buy them my suggestion would be to first charge them on the a wall charger overnight and then put them in your phone. Then after that try to never let them go below 20% charge and absolutely never let them fully drain if you can help it at all. These batteries see regular data/text use from me and I have on several occasions put 12+ hrs into them (full day at work then going out) without a true need to top them off. It is usually a close call on those days, but my phone makes it.

Some other tips, set your phone up to push mail or sync every few hours, and set it so power save comes on at like 30%. I also have a brightness widget and I generally leave my phone at 0% brightness (brightness is a big battery killer) because while indoors that is more than enough for me. Disable wifi/4g/bt/etc when you aren't using them especially when it has to keep looking for service.

Last edited by Rose4uKY; 09-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.