PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 02:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Mightyrom6 has *ruined* my diamond -- Won't reboot w/out hard reset

Hey, elesjuan... My Diamonds working great.

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 09-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

i think thats enough flaming...
OP did you get the problem fixed?
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

zfxp is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to zfxp

Wow honestly, this is rediculous if this is how we treat people with issues, damn the world is going to burn, ifyou see one person flaming another the PROPER thing to do is to give a PROPER solution not flame the op for not knowing what to do and for being mad at the situation, not EVERYONE is a l33t h4x0r and then you blame the guy for defending himself, you guys should feel insanely retarted and i hope you all realize how low you went on our standards.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:47 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellfreak View Post
Make sure you always delete your intenal memory before a flash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
Umm... I hope you're not referring to internal storage, because that's not correct... leaving that alone is fine. (Indeed for me it's vital).

One thing that also helps some is to "Clear Storage" after flashing the custom ROM and letting go through its paces. For whatever reason... that seems to help.
soim not sure what fixed it either the fast reflash of another rom or formatting the internal storage but her diamond is finally taking custom roms without resetting on us. thanks you guys. OP try what these 2 posted and it should work. i myself know how to flash, i have a tp and tp2(waiting for the hspl) but this diamond has been giving me problems for over a month and now it works.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:30 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

ok first things first... thread moved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
first it sounds like a bad flash, this doesnt happen very often, but is common, try downloading another rom you like, put your diamond in bootloader and flash away. It helps a lot to flash to stock rom then back to a custom rom if you are having big problems like this, make sure you hard reset after you flash a new rom too, this will clear anything left over that will cause problems.

Its not the rom, its the user, im pretty sure mike wouldnt have such a popular rom if this happened to everyone?
You could also have a faulty device, if this happens on stock rom, and on another custom rom i would say its hardware related.
like bikeanddestroyx said, its not the ROM... I personally have MR6 on my pile of trash Diamond...
I recommend doing a hard reset immediately AFTER every flash, didnt see that mentioned by OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
i think thats enough flaming...
OP did you get the problem fixed?
I'm gonna hafta agree with you again, everyone please keep this thread friendly or I will be forced to shut it down.

- Thanks!
Old 09-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sorry I was kinda blunt but it ticked me off that blame was misplaced.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Carrier: Sprint

Cellfreak is keeping up the good workCellfreak is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAxe View Post
Umm... I hope you're not referring to internal storage, because that's not correct... leaving that alone is fine. (Indeed for me it's vital).

One thing that also helps some is to "Clear Storage" after flashing the custom ROM and letting go through its paces. For whatever reason... that seems to help.
Sometimes certain files in the internal storage can mess with a new ROM. If you need files from the internal storage just keep a back up of them on your PC. Then copy the files back over when you are done reflashing. Set your phone to USB device when you first connect it to the USB cable. Then the files will tranfer to and from the phone a lot faster than with activesync.

Quote from RileyD5 on a NRGZ28 ROM post

"Another thing to check out is the internal storage folders. Look for folders that are created from previous custom roms you are using a delete them. go into to internal storage>programs folder and delete old folders since you are installing the software on a new rom and should start from a clean slate. A good example of this is the youtube folder which needs to be deleted or you may get errors post flash. the reason is you may be using one rom with a different youtube version and it conflicts with the one NRG is using."
Check out my Moto Q Photoshow
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8209

Last edited by Cellfreak; 09-20-2009 at 05:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zfxp View Post
Wow honestly, this is rediculous if this is how we treat people with issues, damn the world is going to burn, ifyou see one person flaming another the PROPER thing to do is to give a PROPER solution not flame the op for not knowing what to do and for being mad at the situation, not EVERYONE is a l33t h4x0r and then you blame the guy for defending himself, you guys should feel insanely retarted and i hope you all realize how low you went on our standards.
You misspelled "retarded". I just thought it to be an extremely amusing twist of irony. In the defense of the people angry at the OP, he did kind of lash back with some pretty unrelated material. Flashing a Hermes is not flashing a Diamond. They are different. He can try to make us all bow to him, but he's the one without a working phone. Thats all I have to say about that.
Now, onto business. Flash shipped>hard reset>flash custom>hard reset>clear internal

If that doesn't purge the demons, all I can say is may God have mercy on your poor phone. That or get a warranty replacement.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellfreak View Post
Sometimes certain files in the internal storage can mess with a new ROM. If you need files from the internal storage just keep a back up of them on your PC. Then copy the files back over when you are done reflashing. Set your phone to USB device when you first connect it to the USB cable. Then the files will tranfer to and from the phone a lot faster than with activesync.

Quote from RileyD5 on a NRGZ28 ROM post

"Another thing to check out is the internal storage folders. Look for folders that are created from previous custom roms you are using a delete them. go into to internal storage>programs folder and delete old folders since you are installing the software on a new rom and should start from a clean slate. A good example of this is the youtube folder which needs to be deleted or you may get errors post flash. the reason is you may be using one rom with a different youtube version and it conflicts with the one NRG is using."
Well... I guess I just learned something.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Could it be as simple as the OP tried to put to the MightyROM6 touch pro ROM on there instead of the Diamond MightyROM6?

So the question is Herman or Victor?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond