PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

elesjuan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mightyrom6 has *ruined* my diamond -- Won't reboot w/out hard reset

I've flashed many phones with my own kitchens before without any real issues. Tonight I decided to upgrade my pile of trash touch diamond from the ROM it shipped with to MightyROM6. Complete and total mistake. It has raped my already ****ty diamond into a state of unusable garbage.

Soft reset will either bring up the "TouchDiamond" w/versions screen and will go NO FURTHER without hard reset, or _EVERY_ time you reboot the device its basically in a state right after hard reset. Any installed programs, settings, everything has to be set back up.

During a few times when it has actually booted up and things have functioned, it locks up scrolling through the file manager. It'll sit locked up for 10 - 15 minutes then go on like nothing at all has happened.

Old 09-19-2009, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Carrier: Sprint

Cellfreak is keeping up the good workCellfreak is keeping up the good work
Re: Mightyrom6 has *ruined* my diamond -- Won't reboot w/out hard reset

Have you tried to put it in boot loader mode manually to allow you to reflash the shipped rom?
Check out my Moto Q Photoshow
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8209
Old 09-19-2009, 05:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

flickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good workflickmaker is keeping up the good work

This is the upgrade forum. Don't start these kind of threads here.

Crazy idea, but maybe try the Mightyrom thread?
Current Radio: ___
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
I've flashed many phones with my own kitchens before without any real issues. Tonight I decided to upgrade my pile of trash touch diamond from the ROM it shipped with to MightyROM6. Complete and total mistake. It has raped my already ****ty diamond into a state of unusable garbage.

Soft reset will either bring up the "TouchDiamond" w/versions screen and will go NO FURTHER without hard reset, or _EVERY_ time you reboot the device its basically in a state right after hard reset. Any installed programs, settings, everything has to be set back up.

During a few times when it has actually booted up and things have functioned, it locks up scrolling through the file manager. It'll sit locked up for 10 - 15 minutes then go on like nothing at all has happened.
First of all if you've flashed "many phones" and never had "real issues" you're either incredibly, not-believably fortunate, or a liar.

Second, if you hate your Diamond that much then send Mighty a donation for doing you a favor.

Third, nothing you posted is of any use to anyone trying to help you. There's a sticky with carefully worded steps for novices to un-brick their phones... and someone with any inkling would have known to rattle off what you've tried so far to resurrect your phone. All you said was you soft reset it. *eyes of wonder*

Fourth, most of us have seen issues like yours enough to know what you probably need to do to get un-brick it and get a clean build of MightyRom6... but with an attitude like yours I wouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited by WarAxe; 09-19-2009 at 10:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc evo 4g

toenail is keeping up the good worktoenail is keeping up the good work

agreed, no need for topics like this.. you should never flash any roms if you dont know the chances that you take when doing so...

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:24 AM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

here... please try reading a couple of recent post and sticky threads before posting too bro.

i posted this yesterday night so yeah here's a copy and paste of my lil mini tut lol...

" Hey Megaleprechaun try this... I think maybe you installed a messed up ROM such as a recently one called MiightyROM victor 06.09.09 i think i don't remember but I've posted this around in places...

Hey for those of you who can't flash to another ROM due to no pc connection being detected. do this just incase there isn't a fix or such... i posted this in sph..

How to fix this.....

Step 1... enter the bootloader (" Power button + volume down button while the phone is starting, basically the same way you would have installed it, but no back button. "

step 2... Download a ROM folder or if you Have another ROM file ready then no need to download one.

step 3... While in bootloader open up the ROM folder with the new ROM you want to flash and open up " ROMUpdateUtility " file and follow steps as if you were flashing a new ROM.

I Give thanks to owen i believe that's how you spell his name.

P.s it would be best if you can flash back to sprint ROM which can be download directly via " ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Stock%20R...nt_Shipped.rar " thanks and hope this works :] hit thanks if it works for you. "

hit thanks if ya want, bye.

oh yeah and here's a good useful sticky link " http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57013 " the recovering bricked diamond or so is at the bottom of the first thread.

Last edited by CaliBoyPhillip; 09-19-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Threadstarter

elesjuan is a n00b

Wow I'm even more upset at this vBulletin than my phone right now... I just typed a HUGE reply to this, hit submit and the entire thing was wiped out. My "time expired."

Without retyping the entire 6 paragraphs I'll just make it simple and short. I recently left the world of wireless and dealing with PDA phones every day for 3 different carriers. I've flashed more phones than most people have seen and have never had these kind of problems. Don't sit there and assume because I'm having issues that I'm doing it wrong. My wireless extent was over 14 years, thanks for assuming I'm some idiot with a laptop and usb cable who thinks hes a l33t hax0r or something.

And what is this? How about the last smart phone I still have laying around that I used... Flashed with windows mobile 6.1 from Helmis kitchen, a rom which as you can see... I did myself. Thanks.

See my name in there? Elesjuan.

And what is this????? My touch diamond with windows mobile 6.1 from Sprint OEM rom?????

Yes, I put the phone in boot loader and managed to get the OEM flashed back onto it. I don't want the OEM ROM, I want what MightyRom has to offer, a coworker has it on his touch diamond and brother has it on his Touch Pro.

When I flashed my diamond I followed the directions and everything appeared to work. What happens is when the phone boots you calibrate the touch screen, it loads the custom applications then reboots. Now, on the second boot it does one of three things: Sits at the TouchDiamond boot screen with version info until the end of time (literally 2+ hours and did nothing...), boots into windows and does the ENTIRE setup all over again, or boots into windows and *appears* to work.

Now, if it gets into windows where its pretending to work here is what happens: It seems to work just fine! Until you use it. Open file manager and attempt to browse a directory, the phone locks up. Let it sit for 40 minutes and its still sitting there. Soft reset with the stylus or pull the battery you're back to square one! Either won't boot at all or starts the setup process ALL OVER AGAIN!

I've tried with 3 different computers and 3 different downloads of MightyRom and get the exact same results.

Why I hate the OEM ROM:

Unplug the phone @ 8am and its dead before noon. Three brand new batteries and thats the way it goes. Make sure navigation, any location based services, activesync, push email, EVERYTHING IS TURNED OFF!

The phone when I first got it would charge on *ANY* USB cable and 5 volt usb power source... JUST LIKE all my previous phones. Now it'll charge (and only SOMETIMES) on the single charger and usb cable that was shipped with the phone. There is nothing wrong with the charging port, it sycns with the computer and *pretends* to charge while hooked up to the computer.

It'll power on while in your pocket and turn thermonuclear! Seriously thought one day it was actually going to burn me through my slacks!

Touch screen response is complete ****. Coworkers Touch Diamond w/MightyROM touch response is perfect, spot on, and very fast. Hell my 6700s touch response is faster than my diamond!!

Thanks to those who have actually tried to help instead of sit there and criticize me. The purpose of my thread wasn't to bash MightyRom and I'm sorry that I did I'm just really frustrated...

Suggestions?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

first it sounds like a bad flash, this doesnt happen very often, but is common, try downloading another rom you like, put your diamond in bootloader and flash away. It helps a lot to flash to stock rom then back to a custom rom if you are having big problems like this, make sure you hard reset after you flash a new rom too, this will clear anything left over that will cause problems.

Its not the rom, its the user, im pretty sure mike wouldnt have such a popular rom if this happened to everyone?
You could also have a faulty device, if this happens on stock rom, and on another custom rom i would say its hardware related.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

Well, I've been flashing custom ROMs to cell phones since the 1600's and I think youre phone is possessed by a demon and only a skilled excorism could fix it.

Seriously, do the Mods take the weekends off? I can't believe this thread hasn't been moved and locked, if not deleted all together.

Last edited by Dreading; 09-19-2009 at 08:26 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

After getting rid of my Daimond last week, just came by here to see what was going on in this world and all I can say is WOW!

Man, can't believe anyone would be willing to help you after your first obnoxious post, and then further down you top it off with a second one.

Your issue is so common and easy to fix I don't know why you wasted your time on your second post trying to sound like a know it all......

A simple, please help my phone is messed up after a flash would have gotten you so much further on these forums and hopefully a lesson learned for the future.

P.S. by stating your device is a pile of trash in a forum where people spend a ton of there time working on the device isn't the best wording to use to reach out for help.....

Hopefully you don't buy a TP2 and come to that side of town......Diamond owners can keep you here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond