PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

I will call Telesales tromorrow for a return kit. My paws need to be de-Diamoned for the preparation of the PRo on the 19th. FInally.. I will rest at peace. Coffee anyone?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint/Juicy rom R5

LoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuffLoriInWA knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILH0U5E View Post
Just returned my Diamond to a Sprint store in Tempe, AZ. The sales rep was pretty mellow when doing the return, he didn't seemed shocked at anything I told him about the phone.

Reasons for my return were: Heat issue when doing anything on the phone for longer than 10 minutes/ the problem with the phone saving the correct AZ time/ problems with low storage memory/ and the simple fact that I don't think the phone is that much of an upgrade over a HTC Touch that has the ROM tweaks.

I told him I might take a look at the Pro, due to the storage slot, keyboard, and faster processor. Out of curiousity, I asked him when this corporate store would have the Pro, his response was that it had just been pushed back (due to what he thought was the removal of a video conferencing feature) into November. Not worth a lot, but he did know about the Phone.

So, I'm back to my HTC Touch running a cooked ROM and all my favorite programs, plus 4gig sd card.

I'm gonna give the TF2D a try... but I missed my Ultimate Launch.
I have a Touch. A guy at work just got a Diamond. I want the HD. I'm willing to keep my Touch until the HD is available or something comparable. The Diamond just doesn't WOW me. *shrug*
Old 10-09-2008, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
LMAO ! This is much better than the Diamond !

I want one of these, no one is gonna F**K with you in a dark alley when you have one of those on your hip

I'm still laughing, were the hell did you find this pic

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-09-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriInWA View Post
I have a Touch. A guy at work just got a Diamond. I want the HD. I'm willing to keep my Touch until the HD is available or something comparable. The Diamond just doesn't WOW me. *shrug*
Hate to break the news to ya, but HTC announced it will not release the HD in the US. You'll have to wait for their next wave of new devices for something comparable that hasn't been announced yet. That might be a long time.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingabraham3 View Post
like John McCain says, talk softly, carry a big stick. I have now officially returned my Diamond and reactivated my Touch.
You used the quote, so i couldn't help myself. Way doesn't everyone just relax, you guys are arguing about the same product....HTC. Ever unit has advancements over the previous, that much we can all agree on. Ever unit released is a set forward. If you feal that enough steps forward have not been made to your liking, then just keep the device you have and wait for the on you want. Those of us that move forward, thats because we found something we liked over what we had. We are all different, so lets just all get along. Were all HTC users and a part of this community

Speak softly with respect and admiration, other will respect your words, need not fear you. Thus never having a produce the BIGGER STICK
Old 10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidmet View Post
Hate to break the news to ya, but HTC announced it will not release the HD in the US. You'll have to wait for their next wave of new devices for something comparable that hasn't been announced yet. That might be a long time.
That's true, I read an article on the net from HTC. I believe the spokes person stated "If we were to release the Touch HD into the North American market in the Second Quarter, it would already be old news by that time" He also said they are working on other projects that will be available to the North American Market in the Second Quarter, HOPEFULLY with WM7 and I'm sure we will not be disappointed. The Touch HD would be "Old Hat"
Old 10-09-2008, 05:17 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
You used the quote, so i couldn't help myself. Way doesn't everyone just relax, you guys are arguing about the same product....HTC. Ever unit has advancements over the previous, that much we can all agree on. Ever unit released is a set forward. If you feal that enough steps forward have not been made to your liking, then just keep the device you have and wait for the on you want. Those of us that move forward, thats because we found something we liked over what we had. We are all different, so lets just all get along. Were all HTC users and a part of this community

Speak softly with respect and admiration, other will respect your words, need not fear you. Thus never having a produce the BIGGER STICK
*applause* well spoken bro.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

"Ever(y) unit has advancements over the previous, that much we can all agree on" - I'm afraid I can't agree with that - I had the touch - now I have the Diamond - Diamond battery life sucks. Diamond BT sucks.

I called telesales and ordered a return kit today. Maybe in about 5 months if enough people complain HTC will release a fix for the Diamond like they did 5 months after the mogul was released to fix the BT. I have to admit after the amount of postings about the BT on the Mogul I really thought HTC would have actually tried out this phone with a couple of BT units - I'm not surprised Sprint didn't bother testing - heck I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint did their "testing" with a mockup shell with no inards. No surprise that Sprint didn't bother to ask why I was returning the Diamond - information like that might actually help them retain customers and that isn't part of Dan's plan.

Maybe in 6 months if they fix the unit -I'll order another one - maybe by then the price will be about half of what it is now and they'll have one that hasn't been imasculated with a red shell.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
"Ever(y) unit has advancements over the previous, that much we can all agree on" - I'm afraid I can't agree with that - I had the touch - now I have the Diamond - Diamond battery life sucks. Diamond BT sucks.

I called telesales and ordered a return kit today. Maybe in about 5 months if enough people complain HTC will release a fix for the Diamond like they did 5 months after the mogul was released to fix the BT. I have to admit after the amount of postings about the BT on the Mogul I really thought HTC would have actually tried out this phone with a couple of BT units - I'm not surprised Sprint didn't bother testing - heck I wouldn't be surprised if Sprint did their "testing" with a mockup shell with no inards. No surprise that Sprint didn't bother to ask why I was returning the Diamond - information like that might actually help them retain customers and that isn't part of Dan's plan.

Maybe in 6 months if they fix the unit -I'll order another one - maybe by then the price will be about half of what it is now and they'll have one that hasn't been imasculated with a red shell.
That's not a bad idea, instead of us complain and *****ing out each out. We should all be *****ing at HTC, maybe then they will get it right. Maybe then they will make a perfect handset, that we don't have to tweak the S**T out of. We can only hope, I'm send an email right now
Old 10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Hmmm, my jawbone 2 works great with my diamond. Maybe you should buy a better headset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond