PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just Returned my Diamond....

name one phone, any phone out there, without bugs or downfalls?

now name one ppc thats perfect out there?

none, zero, nadda. There is no perfect device that doesnt need tweaks or people feel unanimously doent need tweaks since everyone has a different opinion on performance.

These kind of discussions go nowhere, some people like the phone some dont. Theres no reason to have these kind of debates since its all personal preference. I dont know why we need i returned x or y phone threads theyre subjective at best. theres plenty of other threads discussing the problems/issues.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 10-10-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
name one phone, any phone out there, without bugs or downfalls?

now name one ppc thats perfect out there?

none, zero, nadda. There is no perfect device that doesnt need tweaks or people feel unanimously doent need tweaks since everyone has a different opinion on performance.

These kind of discussions go nowhere, some people like the phone some dont. Theres no reason to have these kind of debates since its all personal preference. I dont know why we need i returned x or y phone threads theyre subjective at best. theres plenty of other threads discussing the problems/issues.
Yup, this is as close to the perfect device for me, it would be perfect if there was a bigger battery with no heating issue
Old 10-11-2008, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Mattemer is keeping up the good workMattemer is keeping up the good work

I love my diamond. Battery life is on the low side, but I send probably a hundred texts a day, have my gmail checked every 15 minutes, listen to music at work, make calls during lunch and after work, and occasionally surf the net (typical m-f, weekends have more surfing if i'm sitting at my g/f's while she watches sex in the city reruns or something). So YES, I would expect my batter needs to be charged as soon as I get home from work, and cannot complain about this. If I don't use the phone all day, battery is perfect.

As far as bluetooth, as mentioned above I listen to music at work, using Sony Bluetooth headphones. I'll get clear reception up to about 20-30 feet away, which is where my printer is located, and I'm back and forth from my desk to my printer many times a day, so I'm 100% sure the BT works just fine. As far as a handsfree device, I use a Samsung, and it works just fine, although haven't tested the distance on it. however, it works when it's at least within 5 ft of me.

Also, something I found interesting, and correct me if I'm wrong, I could have missed something. The OP stated memory as being a major issue, yet then went on to say they are using a 4g card with their Touch? So basically, your storage space is about the same as the diamonds?

The acceleramoter (g unit sensor or whatever) works just fine for me! I don't get these delays everyone speaks of. The only exception would be if a graphic intensive page is loading, then i turn to landscape. Annoying, but I can wait the 5 seconds until the page is done loading before rotating.

Camera is GREAT!

This is my first PPC, I came from the Moto Q9c, which started off as a great phone, but all my tinkering broke it. Keep in mind that had the giant extended battery with it as default, and I'm still happy with my battery life now. My GPS seems to work fast, however I don't use it a whole lot. When using it, I just use WLS, which I do love.

Sorry about the book, and hopefully this doesn't come across as a rant, or as me putting down the touch. I just think it's a FACT this is a superior phone. I don't see how it can be disputed.

And again, this review is all based off of the Stock ROM. I'll be flashing Juicy's ROM very shortly, perhaps tonight, then the real party starts

AND agreed, everyone has different tastes, and 3-6 months from now, most people will be like "what was the diamond?" b/c that's just technology. Superior to iPhone? Every personal side by side test i've done with a friends iPhone, i always "Win." iPhone? No Battery, can't copy and paste, does it even have vibrate yet?

God this is way too long, but don't feel like cutting it up, sorry! Go Phillies!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond