PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
well, if u use the internet alot on ur fone, then no....but for an example...if u "average" on GB or less a month, then consecutively spike up to 3-4 GB month after month, then mayb u can get charged per KB.....ALSO, its according to which username ur fone uses...if ur tethering fix uses the original username to get on the internet, then u should b fine, but if the fone forces u to use a phone as modem username without a phone as modem plan..u can get chopped n screwed for that....
answer already posted
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

insideman is a n00b

so what this means is that using that cab. we wont get charged????
is that what i am understanding? because its like .03 a kb or something...
Old 12-29-2008, 12:01 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideman View Post
so what this means is that using that cab. we wont get charged????
is that what i am understanding? because its like .03 a kb or something...
do you have an unlimited data plan?
Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

insideman is a n00b

i have the 99 everything plan.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

then like da taco bell commercial, ur good to go...plus da cab file that I posted allows ur fone to PAM with ur regular username and not a PAM username
Old 12-29-2008, 08:13 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNTaYkE View Post
Wait..
I don't really get it.
What does this fix actually do?
I can connect to the internet with my laptop connected to my phone just fine, but do I get charged extra for doing that?
sprint charges xtra for phone as modem, and its not compatible with simply everything plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspimp View Post
yeah, good question. are we getting charged now!!!!
prolly not, but wouldnt hurt to check your bill btw if you aren't setup for PAM and you try to connect without circumventing the the modem NAI then you should get an error msg. However you can always start an internet connection and then start your internet sharing...
Old 12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo

raven69david is a n00b

I'm driving myself nuts. Have done just about everything and still get the "check USB cable connection". I manually entered the tethering values but it doesn't seem to have worked. I'd install the .cab file, but I simply do not know how to do that. If someone can tell me how to d/l and install the cab I think that may solve my issue, hopefully. I'm sorry this is an ultra noob request, but honestly I'm brain fried on this. Any help appreciated.

I'm on ROM 1.09 with the battery tweak; everything else stock.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:08 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

just download file to pc, connect phone via active sync, move the cab file using active sync file explore to your internal storage and then disconnect from pc.. use file explore on phone to go to internal storage, locate cab file and click on it, it will install itself.. soft reset and you're good... alternately you can download the cabfile straight to your phone if you're browsing this forum using your phone.. then go from there.. basically you get the cab onto your internal storage and the click on it... everything else is gravy.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

hey ok looks like it is doing good on the stock rom as well as custom roms.

you have done good.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: evo

raven69david is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
alternately you can download the cabfile straight to your phone if you're browsing this forum using your phone.. then go from there.. basically you get the cab onto your internal storage and the click on it... everything else is gravy.
Thank you so much for the info. So I used my phone to download the cab. It's now in my storage, but when I click (single or double) on it nothing happens. What am I missing here?

Last edited by raven69david; 12-31-2008 at 05:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond