PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

ah! I"m glad its STILL working! I was worried you'd come back with...well it worked for a few mins.

BrennB
Old 05-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond Windows Mobile 6.5
Carrier: Sprint

j7jman is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to j7jman

Internet Sharing + Tethering Mod fix

to enable internet sharing... IMPORTANT....
-call sprint and get your msl number just ask for it they'll give it to you(remember to write it down it is unique to your phone)
-put##3282# into your phone and a menu enter password number should come up, this is where you put your msl number in
-NOW.. edit you mobile IP.. select edit and choose mobile IP preferred.
-hit ok and your phone will soft reset..

Your going to need a Registry editor to unlock your phone so merry christmas.... ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl/ <-----go there

-after installing he editor connect your diamond to your pc and connect to active sync

-run The Regeditor and click connect
-your going to have to go to Tools>Unlock Registry so you can edit your phones ****..

-after that go to HKlocalMachine>software>OEm>WMODEM
-make sure all the values are set to 0.. this is your tethering detection, trust me you want it disabled..
-go to HKEY>LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\Internetsharing\settings and delete Forcecellconnection... (its what dosent allow your phone to connect as a modem)

-when you are done with that soft reset your phone and install this on your phone..

Install my Cab file to your phone then connect to your pc.. have fun

did i help you?------->

your welcome
-j7jman
Attached Files
File Type: cab Internet%20Sharing%20FIX.cab (3.9 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by j7jman; 05-14-2009 at 03:08 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:18 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

so after 250+ posts, a guy with 3 posts that has never been thanked figured this all out?!?!
no offense of course. if it works for some then be sure to give thanks where its due. Im on R3BORN so if I want it to work I plug it in and choose option 3. simple as that. Thanks Mike! lol

Last edited by Curb71; 05-14-2009 at 07:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
so after 250+ posts, a guy with 3 posts that has never been thanked figured this all out?!?!
hahahaha...i needed a laff this morning.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I thanked him and I use WiFiRouter
Old 05-21-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

jmz768 is a n00b

I found information on another site that claimed to only require two registry modifications to make tethering work. I tried it and it works great.

Edit the following registry entries:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Delete the "isext.dll" entry so that it should read Extension=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint PCS"

That's all it took. I'm a little worried that this was too easy considering all the issues some of you have had. Can anybody confirm that this works without incurring any charges?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond Windows Mobile 6.5

j7jman is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to j7jman

yeah youre not gonna have any charges as long as you have the unlimited data plan.. but once you use i think 5mb of data stupid stuff happens.. liike only part of a song will play when streaming, and so forth.. but browsing is fine... remember im a sprint user, im not sure about any other carriers.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7jman View Post
yeah youre not gonna have any charges as long as you have the unlimited data plan.. but once you use i think 5mb of data stupid stuff happens.. liike only part of a song will play when streaming, and so forth.. but browsing is fine... remember im a sprint user, im not sure about any other carriers.
well, its actually 5GB..but i dont believe u can get charged data overage on a ppc or smartphone. u will on an air card tho(found that out the hard way, luckily sprint took the overage off my bill after i called in about it) they used to not charge u overage, just slow down or limit ur connectivity, but that changed last year or so
now they just charge u the overage rate(now i think its .05/MB).

Last edited by skeegcpp; 05-24-2009 at 07:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

On your Sprint bill under data usage, it shows the amount of data used in mb and it is possible that you can get charged for going over 5gb. One month I used 5.5gb but I did not get charged.As has been said, probably best to stay under 5gb to lessen the risk of any additional notifications or charges.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro

jdward28 is a n00b

I downloaded ur tethering on to my phone but it still not letting me connect to my labtop. any other suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond