PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: N/A

htcboy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

I have a simple fix that works. I changed the registry value from "Phone As Modem" to "Sprint PCS", but the trick is to check off the box that says to keep as default value data (using CeRegEditor). I tried to soft reset and the internet sharing works every time. Can someone else verify this works on their phone?
Old 05-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

On the Diamond and Pro it's just "Sprint" for the value instead of Sprint PCS

BrennB
Old 05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

not2busy09 is a n00b
Smile Re: Tethering Fix Right Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwartz View Post
Heres A CAB I Created That Will Force ICS To USE Sprint Instead Of PAM. Based Off Of Info Found Here. Verified Working.
Thanks for the support! I just bought my Treo Pro on Saturday and was about to return it because I could not use it as a modem like I did with my Treo 755! I almost regretted moving from the palm base os to windows mobile!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:53 PM
Lurker

jahsboy is a n00b

thank you eeniemini...it's still not working...any other suggestions?
Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Still a Geek

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahsboy View Post
thank you eeniemini...it's still not working...any other suggestions?
What isn't working? Are you not connecting or do you not have "sprint" as an option in the ICS window?

If you get a screen that wants to log into sprint with user name passwords etc. just clear all the boxes and click OK, it will only ask once.

If you can't select Sprint in the ICS screen then....
OK Do this..
Install this cab, soft reset phone:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=219

Go to your reg editor and go to
HKey_LocalMachine\Comm\InternetSharing and delete any keys there except the "settings" folder.
Now go to the settings folder, so you are at HKLM\Comm\InternetSharing\Settings
and delete any key there except MaxCMConnectRetries which should be set at "0"
Wait about 30-60 seconds and soft reset phone.

Now go to start/programs/Internet Sharing. Your screen should look like the attached screen shot.

Note, the highlights.... You can choose bluetooth PAN or USB, you can choose Sprint or Phone as Modem (choose Sprint). then you can connect.

However, it will not connect if you haven't already connected to the pc via active sync (at least not for me)

If using bluetooth once the phone says connected instead of disconnected you have to then go to your bluetooth or network locations on your PC and connect there too... then you're good. If using USB you should be able to surf as soon as phone says connected.

If you're screen doesn't look like the screen shots attached recheck that you completed the registry settings as I've discribed. I've attached a cab to edit your registry if you want to try it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icsscreen.JPG (50.4 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab eenieICS.cab (600 Bytes, 58 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by eenieMINI; 05-04-2009 at 08:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I use WMWifiRouter, but if I didn't, I would use your very informative post.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Lurker

jahsboy is a n00b

thanks again eenieMINI...let's see, I loaded the fake htcguardian and i think that's working. i went to the registry using PHM Registry, I went to HKey_LocalMachine\Comm\InternetSharing.

Under Internet sharing, I have Extension with a 0 value and MaxCMCon also with a 0 value (Decimal).

Under settings, I only have MaxCMConnectRetries with a 0 value (Decimal)...no more of the ForceCellConnection key...

And then I have another folder called Status with "Enabled" and a 0 value (Decimal). Should I delete the Status folder?

I indeed do see the "Network Connection" section with the "Sprint" and "Phone as modem" selections...I choose Bluetooth Pan (I have my phone synced to my Mac) and then select Sprint...but no luck on connecting.

I had an HTC Touch Vogue before and used a ROM cooked by DHarvey where the Internet Sharing was enabled...so I know my Mac has connected before. It's just now switching over to the HTC Diamond that I'm not able to connect...

Thanks for taking the time to respond...I hope you don't mind me asking further...thanks!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Still a Geek

I would delete entirely the key that says Extension and the key that says status.. as those keys are not in my registry (I deleted extension and never had status) and I have no issues tethering.

Now, I'm not familiar with MAC's at all but the first thing we need to see on your Diamond is that of course you have bt enabled, then go to ICS program and select BTPan and Sprint then click "Connect" at the bottom left... what do you see in your phone screen then? You should get a pop up saying you need to be visible (if you weren't already) Then you might see a screen wanting you to log into sprint .. clear all 3 boxes and check the save password (yeah all is blank) then OK. Now you should have a
"Status: Device Setup finished. On the PC, Connect Bluetooth PAN"

So now if you get that far your phone is ready, so go to MAC and do whatever you do to connect to a bluetooth network. On my PC I go to Managae Network Connections and click on the BT icon and click Connect.

If you don't get that notice on the ICS screen we have more to do with the phone, less to do with the MAC yet.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker

jahsboy is a n00b

thanks again...yep, on the Internet Sharing screen, when I hit the connect button, it says, "Device Setup finished. On the PC, Connect Bluetooth PAN" I think go to my bluetooth on my Mac and hit "Connect to network" to which then the phone message displays, "Connected"...but then when I open up my browser...still no connection...sigh...that's why it's so baffling...I was always able to connect before via the same exact method. Everything looks good in terms of settings on the phone and on my mac...but just no connection...it's weird...anyways...can you think of anything else? THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping...I really appreciate it!
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 AM
Still a Geek

ok so your phone is set right. one other thing I have to disable wireless connection on laptop so it is not confused. Do you have that option with mac?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond