PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2007, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700 / Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

boyo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TambourineMan
This makes me happier that I bought the Best Buy service protection plan for $60 for three years, rather than a Sprint one which is at least that much for just one year. Best Buy already replaced it once as the antenna connection broke (from plugging in an external antenna cable). In the future, I believe if they cannot fix/replace it, then they give me a credit equal to the original purchase price (before rebate) which I can use to buy whatever model i want.
I wouldnt rely on best buy's "service plan". I use to work there, and they dont cover CRAP. If you break the screen or get it wet, your SOL. At least with the TEP you can pay a deductable and get a new one.. I would NEVER buy a service plan on a cell phone from best buy.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:18 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
as long as the unit is less than a year old UTstarcom warrants it just call call them mon-fri 8 am to 5 pm (est) at 1-800-229-1235
Old 05-01-2007, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800, unlocked G1
Carrier: Sprint & ATT

TambourineMan is a n00b
I know the Best Buy service plan does not cover water damage or broken screens and that I am assuming those risks. While one Sprint plan covers those, it costs much more, plus there is a deductible. Under the Sprint plan you may as well has just put the monthly payment amount in a saving plan and used it to buy a new one.

Best Buy replaced my 6700 with a brand new one, and under a plan or a laptop we got a credit equal to the full original purchase price of a three year old laptop that we could use toward the current ones for sale. So Best Buy has been good for us.

Moral of the story, don't drop your 6700 in the toilet, nor use a sharp knife as your stylus.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:38 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

jharr39 is a n00b
Well My Sprint store told me I could hold on to my broken 6700 for a few weeks until the 6800 comes out then they would give me it.. I was told mid - may around the 14th...
Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 PM
boubert

I was told yesterday that they STILL had "NO" 6700's by the CSR at my local Sprint store. and Tech Support say's they are green for order there are no issues.
However they can't do the swap over the phone. Don't call the insurance # cause they will give you the run around and you will end up with a Treo 700wx.
So I called UTStarcom and viola it's under warrantee if the purchase is under 12 mos old they will fix or replace it free of charge "if" its deemed a manufacture defect if its your fault you will get a bill for the repair! jackasses!!
so back to tech support, they are still not budgeing, they say its in stock and green for order but I need to go through the local Sprint store. Is anyone else getting dizzy yet?
wait its getting better.
so the store still says they cant order them and tries to give me a 700wx now im getting pissed so back to tech support who sends me to the upgrade dept. where they try to sell me a 6700 for $599 with a $75 rebate. well now were getting somewhere they cant sell me something they don't have in stock Right?
it also proves they have them in stock. they sent me over to Assuriaon Insurance they wanted $50 to replace the phone and they have remanufactured ones in stock. so since i pay for the Total Protection Plan
why should i pay anything for it? they say if i go to the Sprint store they will replace it for free back to square one now i have a raging headache and feel kinda dirty so i guess were all screwed I'm pulling up my panties and going home good luck all
Old 05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: None

xholmezx78 is a n00b
well I got my XV6700 replaced not to long ago. I attempted to flash my 6700 when I was connected to my vista box, and bricked my phone. I was actually trying to use the Apache update from Verizon's site, which is the AKU 2.2 update. Well I was unable to revive my phone, so I called VZW and walked through several hard resets which failed to fix the issue. Well they sent me an FRU (field replament unit) and I was up and running.

You may be able to leverage this to get the new XV6800 by using the rule of 3 failures. If you have the warranty, and your phone is defective 3 times with in 3-6 months, they will replace your phone. Usually that means a similar device, or they will give you a newer model for the 2yr contract price regardless of your contract status. Becareful sometimes the reps will renew your contract to get credit for a new sale or renewal.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:35 PM
boubert

wish I had Verison!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
the rule of 3 failures in 3-6 months huh? so i have to run over my 6700 with my car 3 times to get a 6800? not too hard...ive got 4 tires if anyone is interested!

Old 05-04-2007, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung GSIII, HTC Glacier
Carrier: TMO

xarses is a n00b
naw, more like apply +5v 1a to the headphone jack, or some thing some where else that make it look like a bad electrical, ESD on the radio would work wonders

not that I reccomend or condone doing any of the above

~X
Old 05-05-2007, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
Quote:
Originally Posted by boubert
.. they say if i go to the Sprint store they will replace it for free back to square one now i have a raging headache and feel kinda dirty so i guess were all screwed I'm pulling up my panties and going home good luck all
I must be in a weird area. I've always been told by Sprint reps they won't replace it in the store at all, that I have to call the ins. number and they send it. I need to follow some of you people in the store and find out how the heck your getting yours replaced like that :P

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache