PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 02:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
how bizzare that people are still having issues. Im assuming the cab file was run properly to bring over the registry (to check go into add/remove programs, if it says Arcsoft MMS then the cab installed properly)

--so far as getting a small picture, there should also be an html link in the mms, if you click on that pie should open and bring you into your picmail. from there you can not only view it larger, but download the picture to your handset as well.
Just to be clear- I can send picture mail just fine. But when I receive a picture mail, I click the link, and it opens a picture mail page that does not have the option to download it to phone or any of that. It just has a tiny little picture down near the bottom of the page (have to scroll down to even see it). When I get a picture mail, all I get is an SMS that has a link. I click on the link, and the page opens, but it's a different page (with a small picture that you can;t make bigger or download to phone, and none of the text or subject that the sender typed).

Quote:
I was able to duplicate that as well. wich revision was it working in? I can go back and pull the OEM from my old kitchen and rebuild it to see if that will fix the problem. thank goodness pulling the stylus works though. I never noticed that before because i dont delete any txt messages. Once in a while ill purge 2 week old ones, but never delete straight off. Thanks for pointing this out. Ya get me the revision and ill run a diff on the two OEM folders.
I never had it working with the SMS app. It works with the email app though.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Myn Warm Donut RL4 on xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

tharris297 is keeping up the good worktharris297 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to tharris297 Send a message via AIM to tharris297 Send a message via MSN to tharris297 Send a message via Yahoo to tharris297
Quote:
Those options are from phonealarm with a custom skin i built, if you'd like ill post up the skin for you guys. I redid the skin because i like phonealarm to be on ONE line, and I also needed it to be transparent because theres really no reason it shouldnt be..
I would love to get my hands on that skin!

Thanks a bunch!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drunken_monky is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to drunken_monky
Quote:

Quote:
im having the same problem.... and i cant access my vid/mail at all just a tiny pic. and cant send pic/vid mail
how bizzare that people are still having issues. Im assuming the cab file was run properly to bring over the registry (to check go into add/remove programs, if it says Arcsoft MMS then the cab installed properly)

--so far as getting a small picture, there should also be an html link in the mms, if you click on that pie should open and bring you into your picmail. from there you can not only view it larger, but download the picture to your handset as well.

what is the error on sending vid? The only error i have recieved is the size limitation one, and i just went into the registry and increased the allowable size of the video the phone will allow me to send.

ill flash this on the demo when i get to work and run a few tests back and forth and see if i cant duplicate the issue so we can get this figured out.

in the interim, you may want to grab the FULL PPCGEEKS MMS cab file and install that over mine. That install has been around for over a year now and is proven to work and function properly (and its the same thing i made the OEM from....)

if you recieve a bizzare error, or something i may find useful for troubleshooting, use the screencap software and take a picture of it for me. You can get free photohosting at photobucket.com so you can embed it on the forum.

Quote:
i dont know what im doing wrong to send pic/vid mail. ive followed your instructions... pls help me. dont get me wrong this rom is great, i just miss that function
did you run the appropriate cab file to import the registry?
verizon, you can either let your ext.rom customizations run OR if you have removed arcsoft from there... run the vzMMS-Registry.CAB

sprint, you must run the spMMS-Registry.CAB

in the download, there is a folder called Extended_ROM2... the file you need to run is in there. If you dont see it after you move it to your device its because the file is "hidden" attribute. Use resco to see hidden files, or remove the hidden attribute before moving it to the phone. (right click - properties - uncheck hidden at the bottom)

ok i was able to finaly send pic today.... i had done all of this before it just wasnt getting on the net to send pic/vid

i dont have pie on my phone and if its on the rom i didnt know this. what name is it filed under... if it is i feel realy stupid! but even before i upgraded to this rom i was able to see them
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I thought the tiny pic problem in pic mail was from our newer OS having MSIE6.0 and different registry setting, making the Sprint website not recognize as PPC.
At least Opera can click on link, but pic is not savable with it.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drunken_monky is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to drunken_monky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134
I thought the tiny pic problem in pic mail was from our newer OS having MSIE6.0 and different registry setting, making the Sprint website not recognize as PPC.

does anyone remember website address that we can use to log on to sprint from ppc. its on the forum i just haven't had any luck with it
Old 04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Another issue I'm having is with the phonealarm. When I hit the voice mail button on phone alarm, and it prompts me to call voice mail, it opens up the dialer screen but never calls my voice mail.

Anyone else experience this?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Lurker

atsitalian is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
Another issue I'm having is with the phonealarm. When I hit the voice mail button on phone alarm, and it prompts me to call voice mail, it opens up the dialer screen but never calls my voice mail.

You have to program your phone number (email retrieve #) into phonealarm. Did you do this?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:04 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsitalian
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg

You have to program your phone number (email retrieve #) into phonealarm. Did you do this?
Of course not, I'm an idiot, lol.

I put my voicemail # in there and it works now. What is the incoming voicemail number for? Also, when you put the password in- is there a certain format it should be? I put my number,,password# and works, but I'm just wondering if that's the way I should have it...

Any other tips with any of the apps in this ROM? I've never heard of most of them, and there are no manuals or anything so it's hard to figure it all out...
Old 04-26-2007, 02:09 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:

Any other tips with any of the apps in this ROM? I've never heard of most of them, and there are no manuals or anything so it's hard to figure it all out...
other apps? like what? google is also your friend... hehehehe

Quote:
(no i didnt change the user-agent, it still reads as PIE to sites)

The tiny pic thing is happening on all of the phones at work. even the ones with the stock sprint ROM and the ppcgeeks mms install.

This leads me to think that sprint changed the pocket pic-mail site. its really gay, and really pissing me off. does anyone here use the PIE+ app that hooks into PIE.... im curious if actually setting the user-agent to IE6 makes it work right.

++++++++++++++++

oh and YES, ill be rebuilding with the new kitchen, but as i said before i need to focus on school right now, on top of that ill need time to test stability and all the other stuffs.....

im REALLY excited for this new kitchen, ill be spending a lot of my late-night stargate ventures tinkering with it. stay tuned. with the new kitchen ill most likely start with revision 1.0 to stay with the numbering scheme introduced by the unified ROM project.

+++++++++++++++++

rebuilding the MMS OEM package anyways, just to be completely 100% sure
Old 04-26-2007, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
rebuilding the MMS OEM package anyways, just to be completely 100% sure
Your MMS OEM package is fine. If all the phones with the stock ROM were doing the same thing, then we know the problem isn't anything to do with your ROM.

In fact, I didn't even have to run a cab file or anything. I just let all the customizations from your extended ROM run, and I had working MMS after that. The only problem was the tiny picture thing when I receive a picture mail...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache