PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

takmsdsm is keeping up the good worktakmsdsm is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to takmsdsm Send a message via AIM to takmsdsm Send a message via MSN to takmsdsm Send a message via Yahoo to takmsdsm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
scrambles.... oh crap, that is quite the issue bud. Does it happen on any other ROM or just mine? does it happen if you leave your phone on the sync cradle or do you charge w/ just the power cord. Do you have anything running in the background when it happens (like can we nail it down to a particular program in the background that goes bad?)

keep me posted please im interested!
I also get the scramble issue sometimes. Using 9.4 with nothing else installed. I haven't noticed if it's only when it's on the power cord or when it's just using battery power. I do leave my phone connected to the power cord all night.

Another issue I have is the Bbuetooth is totally unstable. If I turn the bluetooth off and try to turn it back on, it usually takes about 5 or 6 tries to get it to turn back on.

This ROM is awesome though. Once it's a little more stable, and we get a Super Mario Bros game on it, it will be perfect...
i asked around and got the response that if you disable the "ClearType" that it should fix the scramble issue.

Quote:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\GDI\CLEARTYPE]
"Quality"=dword:2
set that value to ZERO

let me know if the issue persists after disabling that, and ill add it to my known issues list and research if there is a fix i can impliment
still got the scrambled lock up. I turned off cleartype completely now, will check and see if that fixes the issue.

Alex
Old 04-02-2007, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
What does cleartype do anyway?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor
I've installed the latest version of this on two phones. For some reason, the windows live messenger program won't properly install on this build for me - is anyone else having this issue?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:40 PM
ROM Pimper
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

cmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation levelcmylxgo can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to cmylxgo Send a message via MSN to cmylxgo Send a message via Yahoo to cmylxgo
Love the ROM...keep up the great work.

I wanted to know what peeps are getting for battery life with the stock battery? I can't seem to get more than 5 or 6 hours on a full charge. I use the phone as a data only device and do not make any type of phone calls on it.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
I've installed the latest version of this on two phones. For some reason, the windows live messenger program won't properly install on this build for me - is anyone else having this issue?
Live messenger (i think) requires the MSN 1 2 & 3 folders from the OEM, that I originally removed from the ROM.

If it doesnt.... there are 4 different revisions ive seen to date. Try and find the latest version cab installer and go from there. Ill try and track one down later and see what the exact issues are. I know when i built my buddies ROM we put in the MSN 1 2 & 3 folders and the LIVE messenger... there seemed to be two MSN programs... the old one AND the new one, so that leads me to believe there are either dependencies or you just need a newer install.

Quote:
What does cleartype do anyway?
if you hold up a phone with cleartype enabled and one that does not its really easy to see the differences.

basicly its like smoothing (just done real Sh*tty) it kinda "blurs" the text on the today screen. if cleartype is disabled the txt is very harsh and sharp.

its really a coin toss on if its useful, but i have my font size so small on my phone the blurring really helps.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

On the live messenger thingy: The install that I used was the same one I used when I had the 9.4 version of the ROM - ironicaly that workd....
Old 04-02-2007, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

heh...guess I should be a little more clear.
On the 9.5 ROM the windows live install failed - and the windows live install that I was trying worked fine on the 9.4 version. I also installed a lot of other junk on that 9.4 version (some .net CF files) trying to get that chmreader.net thingy working too - so I guess I dont really have a valid test here....
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie
heh...guess I should be a little more clear.
On the 9.5 ROM the windows live install failed - and the windows live install that I was trying worked fine on the 9.4 version. I also installed a lot of other junk on that 9.4 version (some .net CF files) trying to get that chmreader.net thingy working too - so I guess I dont really have a valid test here....
hmmmm, It may have broke when i cleaned out some of the .NET1 files but that wouldnt make much sense because 9.3 is when those files were cleaned out so 9.4 and 9.5 have the same .NET files. Lemme find you the cab i used to make my LIVE MESSENGER OEM and test that.

Ill be snowboarding all week though since its spring break, so it may be Friday before i can get to it... sowwyy ><

Old 04-02-2007, 05:52 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
FYI Live Messenger should not require MSN, because Live Messenger was never intended to install on top of MSN (just like MSN was never available via cab file). It's a build-time OEM option only.

Edit: that is to say that I think these cab files floating around were made from files extracted from Beta WM6 ROMs.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Did some digging around, heres a non-beta release. I dont have my phone w/ me but this is reported to be working on the 6700 w/ no issues.

Quote:
It's a quick fix... extracted files from wizard ROM (newer version) and created a cab file for it. It still checks on date when installing this cab so change your device's date to something before 1-4-2007 before installing. After installing change it back and setup WLM mobile

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache