PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2007, 02:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: samsung code
Carrier: metropcs

vtigre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone try tenGO keyboard. It doesn't seem to be working.

the spb keyboard does though, but i don't like that one lol.

Everything else is fine so far.
Old 03-12-2007, 03:48 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Re: Dialer Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoldst
I really think this is a great ROM but wonder if there is a way to utilize the external ROM to hold some of the modifications so that more memory is available for program execution. Also, is there a way to change the default phone dialer backround. I tried the registry edit without success.
Thanks for your continued efforts,
MG :P :P

The program memory is taken up by the file caching I have enabled on the system (its why the phone is so darned fast). There is no way to offload RAM onto a ROM. If you want more program memory back you can change the values of the file caching...
File = 16meg
FatFS = 4meg

the reg entries for each are found on the front page. Mod the values lower, and soft reset the device if you need more execution memory.

The dialer background is controlled by these two files
dlrback_land.png
dlrback_port.png

just overwrite them in the windows directory and soft reset to change them, the default png files are in the kitchen, and the default crossbow ones are in the CBOW folder of the kitchen.

Quote:
I have noticed this problem in posts where user has Extrom uhidden but NOT UNLOCKED, and because he/she can see the folder they think it can just be edited without unlocking. Anyways thats what I read.

Also Bjay (JBabey) , what is the CPU-ID.exe for?
Edit: also did you try "SPB Mobile Shell" , it"s a cool today item.
Hmmmmm, that is a REALLY good point, that very well may be the case, next time i come across a phone that hasnt had one unlocked ill try that out before I have someone go "the long way". Appreciate that man, thanks!

CPU-ID is what i use to verify that my overclocks are taking place because i dont have xcpu-scaler show the speed icons, i have found it to be useful, and its like 3k so figured id just pack it up.

I have always made it a point to stay away from SPB software as its HUGE in size, changes how my phone functions and is generally really annoying. Ive never heard of that one though, do you have a url i can see some screenshots? Im not wholly opposed to trying new things, but SPB software scares me haha. Ill take a look though, who knows, it may rock my sox!

++++++++++++++

koolio, im getting confident there is no major issues with this release, Ill start to work on documentation when i get back from my cruise next weekend, and look into fine tuning and cleaning up for the next revision. Keep your feedback coming, Im happy to see my ROM get put through the ropes!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:54 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: None
Carrier: Verizon

g-funkster is a n00b
I have the same predisposition towards SPB software. Kirvin does say Shell is very good, and in general the commentary seems very positive.. but I see SPB software as bright and shiny (after trying Pocket Plus *shudder*), geared towards looking good in screenshots & on your device while not really adding that much in usability and definately packing on the bloat.

But I'm willing to be proved wrong!! Apologies in advance
Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

faaz23 is a n00b
Contacts Problem

Hwy guys. After I installed the ROM, i tried accessing my contacts or trying to save a new contact and I was not able to. Everytime I click on contact, the screen just flashes. Could someone help me out please.

Thanks.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Re: Contacts Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by faaz23
Hwy guys. After I installed the ROM, i tried accessing my contacts or trying to save a new contact and I was not able to. Everytime I click on contact, the screen just flashes. Could someone help me out please.

Thanks.
Hard reset after flash

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
N00b

faaz23 is a n00b
sddaemon.exe

Also, when i load the rom and turn in on, i get a error messaging saying that the file 'sddaemon' cannot be opened. I have re-installed this rom 3 times and i get the same error messaging popping up.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Toucn

jhford is a n00b
Re: Extended Rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreywilner
If I have Sprint "Stuff" on my extended ROM, I'm assuming that I have to clean that stuff off and MANUALLY put the data in the Extended_ROM2 directory in the RAR file into the extended ROM? (That sounded confusing)

My comment/question is that it seems this release does not touch the contents of the extended ROM on the phone, correct? And if I have Sprint stuff there, it is going to possibly conflict with the Sprint customizations put in as OEM.

Thanks,
Corey
the ext.rom is not touched... if you have that crap run after a hard reset, your system stability will diminish, i would recomend deleting everything in there. Its all done for you with my ROM.

thanks for trying it out!
Does this mean I can delete everything that's in Extended_ROM2?
Thanks
Old 03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Retired Staff

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Re: Contacts Problem

Quote:

Thanks.
DO NOT COPY YOUR PIM.VOL FROM A PRE-AKU3 PHONE TO A POST-AKU3 PHONE! DO NOT RESTORE A PRE-AKU3 BACKUP ONTO A POST-AKU3 PHONE! In order to properly restore your contacts, you MUST activesync (either to exchange or your desktop) all of your contacts prior to the upgrade, then after you've flashed the new ROM you MUST activesync them back in. As far as the SDDaemon is concerned, I thought this ROM had the old voice dialer removed. SDDaemon is part of the old voice-dialer, so it sounds like you are restoring a backup from a previous ROM. THAT WON'T WORK. YOU MUST RE-INSTALL YOUR STUFF FROM SCRATCH! Please be sure to read up on this stuff before making the plunge, because these EXACT same questions have been asked (and answered) several hundred times already.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 03-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Re: sddaemon.exe

Quote:
Also, when i load the rom and turn in on, i get a error messaging saying that the file 'sddaemon' cannot be opened. I have re-installed this rom 3 times and i get the same error messaging popping up.
Did you hard reset yet? Or are you trying to copy over your pim files?
Old 03-12-2007, 01:42 PM
N00b

faaz23 is a n00b
i did a hard reset, and everything works now. Thank you very much.

Also, thanks to JBabey for an awesome rom. I have been reading up on this a lot and I have tried a couple roms on my phone and this has been my favorite by far.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache