View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 03:48 AM
JBabey
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

JBabey is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Re: Dialer Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoldst
I really think this is a great ROM but wonder if there is a way to utilize the external ROM to hold some of the modifications so that more memory is available for program execution. Also, is there a way to change the default phone dialer backround. I tried the registry edit without success.
Thanks for your continued efforts,
MG :P :P

The program memory is taken up by the file caching I have enabled on the system (its why the phone is so darned fast). There is no way to offload RAM onto a ROM. If you want more program memory back you can change the values of the file caching...
File = 16meg
FatFS = 4meg

the reg entries for each are found on the front page. Mod the values lower, and soft reset the device if you need more execution memory.

The dialer background is controlled by these two files
dlrback_land.png
dlrback_port.png

just overwrite them in the windows directory and soft reset to change them, the default png files are in the kitchen, and the default crossbow ones are in the CBOW folder of the kitchen.

Quote:
I have noticed this problem in posts where user has Extrom uhidden but NOT UNLOCKED, and because he/she can see the folder they think it can just be edited without unlocking. Anyways thats what I read.

Also Bjay (JBabey) , what is the CPU-ID.exe for?
Edit: also did you try "SPB Mobile Shell" , it"s a cool today item.
Hmmmmm, that is a REALLY good point, that very well may be the case, next time i come across a phone that hasnt had one unlocked ill try that out before I have someone go "the long way". Appreciate that man, thanks!

CPU-ID is what i use to verify that my overclocks are taking place because i dont have xcpu-scaler show the speed icons, i have found it to be useful, and its like 3k so figured id just pack it up.

I have always made it a point to stay away from SPB software as its HUGE in size, changes how my phone functions and is generally really annoying. Ive never heard of that one though, do you have a url i can see some screenshots? Im not wholly opposed to trying new things, but SPB software scares me haha. Ill take a look though, who knows, it may rock my sox!

++++++++++++++

koolio, im getting confident there is no major issues with this release, Ill start to work on documentation when i get back from my cruise next weekend, and look into fine tuning and cleaning up for the next revision. Keep your feedback coming, Im happy to see my ROM get put through the ropes!