PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan
Carrier: Verizon

rafiki is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Have been running the AllCarrier... version for about a week now. Very stable and that is a huge relief. However, one issue that i am experiencing that is a carry-over from the previous release. (BTW, i've been checking around and waiting for someone else to mention it, but it seems as if there is something unique to me ... of course i don't believe that *smiling*).

The clock keeps getting out of sync with the network. I try to fix it by going into 'phone,' 'services,' and 'time synchronization.' When i select "Update Now" nothing happens (even if i click it a few times). However, if i sync with the computer the time corrects (from being one hour behind), but then some time between disconnecting from the computer and the next time i look, it's back to one hour behind.

Any ideas? (BTW, no additional software installed ... VZW enhancements bypassed)
Old 04-18-2007, 08:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
So it's just off by an hour?

Go to settings->clock and alarms. Then pick a different time zone than yours and hit OK. Then return and choose your correct time zone again and hit OK. Then go back in and sync the time.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan
Carrier: Verizon

rafiki is a n00b
Thanx, luv2chill! That corrected the problem for now. Additionally i disabled ActiveSync updating the date and time when i sync. Is there any idea why and when (the conditions) this happens?
Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

bonuts is a n00b
Why does my date / time look like this all of sudden?

Hi folks. Can someone help? I've been using Colonel's 3.5 for several weeks. I loved how the DATE / TIME was placed in the upper right hand corner (on the Start Bar). I never knew what enabled this functionality; I thought maybe it was O2.

All of a sudden, the TIME / DATE area switched to a a garbled graphic (see below). When I click it, it pops up the 'Time and Next Appt' bubble.

I've tried toggling the 'Show clock on title bar' option in O2. When I turn it off I'm seeing a garbled graphic still, but it looks like the battery meter on top of something else. I checked my registry and tried to ensure my battery meter = 0.

I've also toggled 'Display the clock on the title bar in all programs' under settings, but that didn't fix it either.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
You changed your clock to analog. Look below for the solution
Old 04-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
or just tap and hold on it. you may also need to go into O2 settings and disable whatever you changed.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-19-2007, 05:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: sprint

bonuts is a n00b
that did the trick. I feel stupid. thanks for the help.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:16 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
This is an absolutely spectacular 3.5AKU. [3.5.8]
I'm going to add in a few things, but it really has most everything I want in a ROM.
I'm trying to decide if I should go back to using PhoneAlarm since it has the scheduling and profiles that I like while using less screen real estate than the multiline O2.
I'll also ad in either AgendaFusion8 or PocketInformant. Haven't decided which yet. I also haven't decided whether to put PocketBreeze back on- O2 has many of the same features with some of the nice features of iLauncher.

The big thing that I need is a decent task manager that will let me actually close programs instead of just minimizing them. This is still an issue (unless O2 does it and I just haven't found the setting) that might require WisBarAdv2 or WisBarLite.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident
This is an absolutely spectacular 3.5AKU. [3.5.8]
I'm going to add in a few things, but it really has most everything I want in a ROM.
I'm trying to decide if I should go back to using PhoneAlarm since it has the scheduling and profiles that I like while using less screen real estate than the multiline O2.
I'll also ad in either AgendaFusion8 or PocketInformant. Haven't decided which yet. I also haven't decided whether to put PocketBreeze back on- O2 has many of the same features with some of the nice features of iLauncher.

The big thing that I need is a decent task manager that will let me actually close programs instead of just minimizing them. This is still an issue (unless O2 does it and I just haven't found the setting) that might require WisBarAdv2 or WisBarLite.
Smartskey is in the rom, and you can use it to close applications, which is one of its functions.
press and hold left softkey -------- start menu
press and hold right softkey -------- closes applications
during phone application (jog dial/ joystick)
left --------- messages
down ------- call history
up ---------- speed dial
right -------- contacts

O2 also has a task manager, if you click on o2, it should open up a window in top right corner.
window contains options, disconnect, bt settings, soft reset, display settings, and running programs which you can close individually or all at the same time.
Hope this helps you.

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 04-20-2007, 08:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thejunki is a n00b
I have been having some problems with sprint picture mail. I receive the text message with the hyper link. But when i click and the page loads then there is no pictures I can seen the sprint logo and some menues accross the right hand side and then a bunch of funny charters at the bottom of the screen. but if I change the view from colum to default or from default to colum or even to full screen and then refresh the picture will display but it is very small about the size of a dime. to small to even view.

What gives and why is sprint not getting picture mail to work right. I hate going to the web sight looking at the pictures..... then if I want to send them on I cant right away.... I cant even save the picuters it gives me an error so I try to click on the forward link.. . go figure no hyperlinks work right!!! GRRRRR They work everywhere else.. so then I go to my pc loginto pictures.sprintpcs.com find the picture and forward it from there (i can also save it to my phone from there and forward it from my phone).... when i play with my phone enough to get the forward link to work then the next page is blank... still cant forward.... this SUX!!!!!! It is wrong on so MANY levels!!!!! I just want to receive a picture and then send it again!!!!! Cant they make a web page that looks good on your PPC for picture mail at least??????????? WHATS THE PROBLEM with them?????? Am I the only one that get flustrated with this "feature" ???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache