PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Colonel's Custom 3.5 (New 3/19)

I have posted an nk.nbf for my 3.5 that I am working on. I am not even going to package it as an installer because it is very rough. However, I wanted a place where we could discuss issues and find fixes. At this point I would recommend that this should be only for those who want to test something that may not be fully functional. It works and runs fine, but it does not have the refinement of the 3.3.

For those that do want to test this, I will try to keep updated nk.nbfs on the ftp as improvements are made.

Two issues to start with:

-IDTransfer apparantly does not work with 3.5
-I can't for the life of me find the tweak the reenables the speed dial button in the phone app.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 02-16-2007, 05:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
So far so good for me. Only problems I really have is that when running PocketBreeze with OnLock, PB slows the unlocking of the device, so I jst don't enable OnLock. Haven't had a shell error yet (pounding on wood!). Thanks colonel!
Old 02-16-2007, 05:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy
I am still trying to get BT PAN working. I have moved up to this version in the hopes that something will start working. At one point I had BT activesync working and the one time PAN even looked close to working was when I installed the widcomm BT stack... But that caused more issues elsewhere so I went back to the MS stack.
Old 02-16-2007, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n900
Carrier: tmobile

konceptz is a n00b
I built this one with your 3.5 file and put it on my page. I hope that's ok with you.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Lurker

PPC_ImCoKeMaN is a n00b
Colonel,
I know the speed dial fix is included in the smartdial cab. I know because that was fixed after installing even though the app didn't work
Old 02-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Cokeman, was it the celedial cab? I looked at that one, but it is just a .dll. I know the registry entries are somewhere in the original 3.3 thread. I just cannot find them with 85+ pages to look through. Been trying to search for it, but can't nail the right words.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

One other thing that I have noticed it that the VC doesn't function properly. All you should have to do is put the VC .exe in the Windows folder and run it. It seems to run properly except for there is no voice\sound feedback. Anyone else try this?
Old 02-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Lurker

PPC_ImCoKeMaN is a n00b
not celedial, the geberic sprint/verizon cab for smartdial I remember using it before the post about enable skin in the registry. Here are all the reg entries from that cab:

001 HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled 00000001 REG_DWORD
002 HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\ext \windows\PhoneCanvas.dll REG_SZ
003 HKLM\Software\OEM\3rdversion\SmartDialing\Customer Generic REG_SZ
004 HKLM\Software\OEM\3rdversion\SmartDialing\BuildNum ber 21176 REG_SZ
005 HKLM\Software\OEM\3rdversion\SmartDialing\SmartDia ling v2.20 REG_SZ
006 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\smartdialer\Flags 00000004 REG_DWORD
007 HKCR\CLSID\{1AD110A1-B3E6-4CB9-AC0F-69E059AFBFEF}\InprocServer32\Default DPadMenu.dll REG_SZ
008 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Extensions\ContextMe nus\Phone\MSCdial\{1AD110A1-B3E6-4CB9-AC0F-69E059AFBFEF}\Default REG_SZ
009 HKCR\CLSID\{7CB99F67-9930-4375-919C-37512108F0C3}\InprocServer32\Default DPadMenu.dll REG_SZ
010 HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Extensions\ContextMe nus\Phone\MSCProg\{7CB99F67-9930-4375-919C-37512108F0C3}\Default
Old 02-16-2007, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
I have no problems running the Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+pr2 on my apache with ID Transfer and my speed dial works but I use a differnet phone dialer app. I use the one at the following :

http://www.zombienexus.net/portal/GH_ShowArticle.asp?HID=30&CATID=1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9| 10

Then in the phone app you have to click on menu then speed dial to setup your numbers. After that is all good.

Mike
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:34 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun
Then in the phone app you have to click on menu then speed dial to setup your numbers. After that is all good.

Mike
Speed dial works fine in 3.5 - its "smart dialing" (pops up contacts that match as you enter in a phone number) that is broken. Since the ##xxx shortcut codes are also broken, something changed in 3.5 for hooking into the digits as they are dialed.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache