PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 05:27 PM
N00b

vhgill is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to vhgill
Error With Live Search

If I do "Choose New Location" thenselect "Choose From Contacts" I get the following error;
"Sorry, an error has occured and the application needs to close."

There is a file in the root dir "LiveSearchError.txt" that has the following;
"2/19/07 2:23:17 PM
Version: 1.0.2592.31374
System.TypeLoadException:Could not load type Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.Contact from assembly Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35.
Flow.Forward: System.TypeLoadException:Could not load type Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook.Contact from assembly Microsoft.WindowsMobile.PocketOutlook, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35."

The application does indeed close.

Any clues?
Old 02-19-2007, 06:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun
I have a C## app and when it tries to send the data to pocket outlook I get the same error msg as posted above. I downgraded back to 3.3 for now. I believe there is a dll file missing someplace in rom.
If I helped you, please hit the button.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:47 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yep, something isn't good. I installed the .Net 1.x CAB, and it's still no go - I may cook up a 3.5 with no .NET at all, and just install it via CAB to see if that fixes it.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I am pretty sure that the problem .dlls are not in the .Net CF packages. They are other GAC files found in the OS. I just have not had enough time to swap out all of the ones from 3.3 into 3.5 to see if that helps. They may even be the exact same files, but there is definitely a problem with how the OS is interacting with them.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 02-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TouchPro Upscaled to 800mhz + REV/B = Fast as hell
Carrier: Nimitz

Raging Idiot is keeping up the good workRaging Idiot is keeping up the good work
colonel, you may be getting left behind.
It appears saridnour is doing a good job keeping everyone informed on the updates and arguably a more reliable ROM. It seems you helped set the pace in the beginning, but perhaps saridnour has better assistance from others which has allowed for quicker resolutions.

Last update heard from saridnour was just a few hours ago and he mentioned this in regards to his latest ROM 3.5.4: "I will try and roll-up the fixes in a cab as a patch for pr4 as all issues are accounted for. If I am missing a bug, please let me know (also if you have a solution/workaround)."

You guys should collaborate on resolutions (perhaps you do) as well as make certain releases at about the same time.

And as for all the others that are asking for custom ROMs, perhaps once the major problems are worked out then you might wish to create a couple of flavors - such as one that only has freeware, one that is bloated with everything, one that is slimmed, and of course your very own personal custom. You've done an amazing job thus far.

People are asking, begging rather, for some form of comparisons of existing ROMS and existing problems.

Just thoughts from an idiot trying to find his village...
Old 02-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
The 3.5 is the same as 3.3 except VC, MemMaid, and PIEPlus are partially installed. I have not done much else since I am trying to get the problems with Live Search and IDTransfer fixed. Happy?

I will help you find your village. Check a post I will be placing in the Off Topic section.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor
colonel, great work so far!! I've been quietly trying all the roms yuve posted and I've gotta say thanks.... quick question though, is there a way get PIEplus to not load? I don't see it in the startup folder, and couldnt find a way to disable it in the registry. I forgot to set the right date when I hard reset, and now its in an expired demo mode, which requires a lot of scrolling through functions in the menus that don't work in order to get the things I want. Not a huge deal I just wanted to return PIE to its original state.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:56 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

The expired demo is my fault. There is something in the rom that does not allow some trials to work correctly. I will fix this soon enough. Sorry about that one.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
colonel, maybe it has something to do with the default date of the device upon hard reset (2006)? Even if you change the date with the welcome wizard it might be too late for PIEPlus? It's probably a built-in check to prevent people from backdating their device date to avoid the trial period.

Dunno... just a thought.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:44 PM
N00b

vhgill is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to vhgill
Slightly OT ?

Can someone tell me what a PRL is?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache