PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: I am just getting a count of users of my rom out of curiosity.
At some point I have used one of colonel's roms or patches. 33 71.74%
I have not used Colonel's, but I have used another custom rom at some point. 13 28.26%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy
if you are having shell errors, actually everybody with colonels rom, check the value of fatfs cache with the ppc 6700 hacks program. The value is set to 16584 or something like that. that value is not entirely divisible by 16 and that might be the reason for the shell errors or the ppc being unstable (memory is read\written to in 16 mb blocks). change the value to 16384 or something lower like 8096 or 4096. (default value is actually 0, so it is still better).
Also if your program memory constantly runs low, reduce the value of glyph cache to either 32768 or 24576. (trade of: speed to memory).
did this last night and my phone did not freeze while charging overnight like it used to.
I've actually done this tweak a few days ago, and continue to get occassional Shell errors as well as my phone freezing while charging overnight (past two nights).

I've not seen anyone else mention the overnight feezing - so in a way I was happy to see that I'm not the only one. This morning, I noticed that the frozen screen had both yesterday's and today's O2+ calendar reminders - I'm wondering if it is that app updating that is the problem. I've turned it off this morning to experiment with it.

If any body has any suggestions on the cause & fix of the overnight freeze please let us know!
Thanks,
Chris
Old 02-21-2007, 11:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 300 (ATT Tilt 2)
Carrier: ATT

m2maynard is a n00b
Just to add my two cents I get overnight freezing also. It actually isn't frozen until the alarm goes off. I have tried the built in alarm clock and installed AlarmClock ver 0.04 to see if it made any difference. As soon as it goes off the phone freezes and must be soft reset. Which in the morning can be a problem sometimes if I am not already awake.

Dell Axim X5 (05/03 to 08/04
Hitachi G1000 08/04 to 11/05
PPC 6600 (Blue Angel) 11/05 to 08/06
PPC 6700 (Apache) 08/06 to 01/09
PPC 6800 (Mogul) 01/09 to 01/09
Touch Pro (Sprint) 01/09 to Current
(Dates are estimates)
Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by m2maynard
Just to add my two cents I get overnight freezing also. It actually isn't frozen until the alarm goes off. I have tried the built in alarm clock and installed AlarmClock ver 0.04 to see if it made any difference. As soon as it goes off the phone freezes and must be soft reset. Which in the morning can be a problem sometimes if I am not already awake.
I was thinking the same thing at first, but I am still using the built in alarm and it didnt freeze this morning. I actually have it set for 5am and 7am, so it went of twice this morning with no problems. Other things I have changed is no program running of storage card. my glyph cache is set at 24576 and fatfs is set at 4096. so far so good no problems

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 02-21-2007, 12:27 PM
N00b

m2maynard is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy
Quote:
I was thinking the same thing at first, but I am still using the built in alarm and it didnt freeze this morning. I actually have it set for 5am and 7am, so it went of twice this morning with no problems. Other things I have changed is no program running of storage card. my glyph cache is set at 24576 and fatfs is set at 4096. so far so good no problems
I will try to change those settings and see if that makes a difference and post back tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2007, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

chaddy02 is a n00b
colonel thanks for all the work u put in but i just hav one question how do u get the mms software to work after u flash ur rom?
Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 PM
N00b

m2maynard is a n00b
Not sure if it still matters with all of the changes and organizations going around but I did make the changes regarding the cache (see previous post regarding this) and my phone was still locked up in the morning after a night charge. The time was frozen around 4:00a but my 5:45 alarm still went off. The touch screen couldn't respond and I soft reset.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Not sure if it still matters with all of the changes and organizations going around but I did make the changes regarding the cache (see previous post regarding this) and my phone was still locked up in the morning after a night charge. The time was frozen around 4:00a but my 5:45 alarm still went off. The touch screen couldn't respond and I soft reset.
disregard the change preventing overnight freezing. My phone froze twice this morning and i had to soft reset both times (5 and 7am). The changes still help with the program memory being depleted and the shell errors, cos I havent had any. cant figure out this freezing thing, just happened again out of nowhere. Alarm was going of but couldnt stop it or do anything else.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:20 PM
Lurker

high_tek is a n00b
First post here. I have been following the happenings in here for a while though.
So first of all I would like to thank the colonel for some great work thus far, I think you have the most fully packed rom out here that I have tried. One problem with this new rom that I have noticed, don't know if it has been discussed already, but here goes. When dialing a phone number, the numbers do not appear on the top of the screen, until I hit the dial button. Is there a fix for this at this time. Once again sorry if this issue was already discussed.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Jady is a n00b
Hey Colonel, I upgraded from your 3.3 beta1 Rom to your 3.5. I noticed a marked performance hit, is this normal or is it a fluke?

I am back on your 3.3 beta 3 now due to a crash overnight, on your 3.3beta 1 it was so reliable that I use my 6700 as my alarm clock, it was that solid!!!! 3.3 beta3 is even better but I await a 3.5 version that is as stable as 3.3.

Your the man I am watching for this so hats off and screw the ungrateful haters!!!!!!

Thanks for providing these ROMs to people like myself who just dont have the time to cook their own, between 3 toddler aged kids and a couple of jobs if it wasn't a slow time at my day gig, I wouldn't even have time to flash!!!!

peace
Old 02-22-2007, 06:49 PM
Lurker

mps5883 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mps5883
i know im a noobie, but will a rom upgrade like this effect my warranty, and if so, is there a way to make it so it doesnt??? i need to upgrade but i dont wanna screw the phone up...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache