Old 02-21-2007, 11:07 AM
ChrisFix
PPCGeeks Regular

ChrisFix is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by naigaboy
if you are having shell errors, actually everybody with colonels rom, check the value of fatfs cache with the ppc 6700 hacks program. The value is set to 16584 or something like that. that value is not entirely divisible by 16 and that might be the reason for the shell errors or the ppc being unstable (memory is read\written to in 16 mb blocks). change the value to 16384 or something lower like 8096 or 4096. (default value is actually 0, so it is still better).
Also if your program memory constantly runs low, reduce the value of glyph cache to either 32768 or 24576. (trade of: speed to memory).
did this last night and my phone did not freeze while charging overnight like it used to.
I've actually done this tweak a few days ago, and continue to get occassional Shell errors as well as my phone freezing while charging overnight (past two nights).

I've not seen anyone else mention the overnight feezing - so in a way I was happy to see that I'm not the only one. This morning, I noticed that the frozen screen had both yesterday's and today's O2+ calendar reminders - I'm wondering if it is that app updating that is the problem. I've turned it off this morning to experiment with it.

If any body has any suggestions on the cause & fix of the overnight freeze please let us know!
Thanks,
Chris