PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 AM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgo001 View Post
In my opinion, the battery drain is due to the fact that this build appears to keep the data connection to Verizon open all day vs. in WM5 when it would connect and then disconnect after a short period of time. I too have been looking for a reverse hack that would force it to disconnect after a short time and then reconnect when needed. The way I'm reading it, when I see the dual arrows going in opposite directions where the signal strength meter is, it seems to be connected. I could get a day no problem on my battery (12-18 hours) whereas now I barely make it to dinner time before having to plug in. If someone know how to make the Verizon data connection disconnect after a timeout, please help. Remember, there are issues with dialing 911 as well. A big concern. I wonder if the dual *228 mentioned at the beginning of the post will help that.
I loaded a dialer found on PDAPhoneHome from Paul Hammons http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html; download the file called Mogul Big button Dialer.zip. It's a great looking dialer and the data connection dual arrows are white when a data connection is active and shaded when inactive. I don't know if the default dialer is actually keeping the data connection active, but at least this is worth a shot!

I know it's been mentioned several times, but making sure the "Beam" setting in Comm Manager is not active will significantly improve battery life.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I loaded a dialer found on PDAPhoneHome from Paul Hammons http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...heme-here.html; download the file called Mogul Big button Dialer.zip. It's a great looking dialer and the data connection dual arrows are white when a data connection is active and shaded when inactive. I don't know if the default dialer is actually keeping the data connection active, but at least this is worth a shot!

I know it's been mentioned several times, but making sure the "Beam" setting in Comm Manager is not active will significantly improve battery life.
Exactly how does setting the Beam to not active improve battery life? I haven't noticed much difference at all.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

rdonato is a n00b
Phone stopped going into vibrate after disabling HTC Home

I've been going for 12 hours now and my phone hasn't slipped itself into vibrate mode. I installed SBP 1.5 instead. I do miss the interface though SPB is similar.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:51 AM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
Exactly how does setting the Beam to not active improve battery life? I haven't noticed much difference at all.
With Beam Off and just the default ROM apps running, my system is running around 85mA. With Beam On it's running around 90mA, approximately a 6% increase in power usage. These are my results without extensive testing, so YMMV.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I wish I could test the 911 now...without having an actual emergency that is.
i'll let you know next time i go on an install? i mean, i do install 911 mapping software. last install i was on was 1 day before helmi_c released wm6
Old 09-06-2007, 11:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post

This dialer is great. I can confirm the *228 functions as it should requiring reboot, and telling you what it is doing. The data arrows also function correctly going grey. Smartdial works also. The only thing I notice missing is the left hard button no longer say contacts, although it still works to display the contacts. I have not tested 911, but I am guessing that will work.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Lurker

r0bd is a n00b
VZW Text Delay?

Sorry if anyone else posted this as I tried to search and read through the endless posts, but only made it half way.

i installed the wm6 on my verizon xv6700 non 1.02 bootloader. my txt messages seem to be "delayed"

by delayed i mean that when i look at my phone, the htc home shows 0 new txt messages. ill get a new txt notification and it will say 2 new txt messages, i goto the inbox and one is from a second ago, and the other is from an hour ago.

i saw it happen multiple times where it wouldnt notify or show as a new txt message.

so when i was txting back and forth with people, when i didnt get a response after a while, i would click on the 0 displayed for new messages, and it woud THEN notify me of a new txt and show it on the screen.

i did let the carrier customizations install and am going to try that now.

anyone else have any clue or see a similar problem?

other than that, it has been amazing =)
Old 09-06-2007, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Touch Pro 2

sfetaz is just getting started
Loving this build thanks guys!

I am having similar issues to other people such as WPA-PSK, but one I have that no one mentioned is that when I connect to a call I dial, as soon as it connects, my device powers down. Pressing the power button gets it back right away but its annoying. I did disable the dialer so the default would show. On that note, I do have the dialed received and missed icons, howeve that could be because I disabled the installed dialer.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

runt is a n00b
i can't use WPA-PSK either, and i just got a lot of notices about being unable to connect to my personal email account. i couldn't delete it and re-add, couldn't add any account.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work
Voice Command Incoming Announcement

Is it correct in the few posts that have mentioned it that with Voice Command 1.6 that the incoming announcement of the caller id does not work? Is that the case both from the phone and over BT?

This issue is critical in my decision as to whether to go with this upgrade (which I would like to try) as I cannot be without the caller id announcement of BT.

If anyone can elaborate on this I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development