PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Lurker

avantgo001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryangod View Post
Happened to me on a clean and simple 3.5 rom. I did *228 as soon as the WM6 rom loaded (before soft resetting to kill the customization), and it went through. I won't be trying it again, it will lock up the phone.
Great feedback. Yes, I won't be trying the *228 either - twice is enough for me. I'm still very concerned about the 2 failed 911 call attempts. I'm surprised there was only 1 more post about this, though 911 calls are rare. I wonder what the technical reason is behind the call not going through.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:44 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

Craig540 is a n00b
I have been running since the release day and have had to hard reset two times now. The phone just locks up, so I do a soft reset then it reboots and sticks on the green screen and will not go any farther unless I do a hard reset.
Any ideas what might cause this. I have only installed implus, slingplayer, and Spb Time .

Last edited by Craig540; 09-06-2007 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Lurker

PSCSmoke is a n00b

Quote:
Happened to me on a clean and simple 3.5 rom. I did *228 as soon as the WM6 rom loaded (before soft resetting to kill the customization), and it went through. I won't be trying it again, it will lock up the phone.
6700 - WM6 with limited Verizon customizations

I did a *228 opt 1, then immediate *228 opt 2, then soft boot and it actually improved it's data network issues (I'm an east coast Verizon, living on the west coast...)

The only major thing I lack is the wireless sync cab in my customization
Old 09-06-2007, 08:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

fluidj is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSCSmoke View Post
6700 - WM6 with limited Verizon customizations

I did a *228 opt 1, then immediate *228 opt 2, then soft boot and it actually improved it's data network issues (I'm an east coast Verizon, living on the west coast...)

The only major thing I lack is the wireless sync cab in my customization
I just did the same thing. No issues. I'm on the east coast. Could it be a coastal thing?
It hung on the green Windows Mobile screen a little longer than normal, but it came back into the phone OS just fine. PRL is updated.

My batteries do seem to be draining faster for some reason. Also noticed that it just randomly comes on every so often. I recall having this issue before with WM5, and I also recall there being a Reg Tweak to correct it. Problem is that I don't even know what key words to put in for a search. I may try to install the iPhone Slide to Unlock program, that way at least I won't be randomly dialing people when it comes on by itself.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Lurker

avantgo001 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
I just did the same thing. No issues. I'm on the east coast. Could it be a coastal thing?
It hung on the green Windows Mobile screen a little longer than normal, but it came back into the phone OS just fine. PRL is updated.

My batteries do seem to be draining faster for some reason. Also noticed that it just randomly comes on every so often. I recall having this issue before with WM5, and I also recall there being a Reg Tweak to correct it. Problem is that I don't even know what key words to put in for a search. I may try to install the iPhone Slide to Unlock program, that way at least I won't be randomly dialing people when it comes on by itself.
So two people did *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2 and had no issues. Interesting. I'm in New England and only did a single *228 option 1 (not option 2 after it was done). I'll try that on Sunday night.

In my opinion, the battery drain is due to the fact that this build appears to keep the data connection to Verizon open all day vs. in WM5 when it would connect and then disconnect after a short period of time. I too have been looking for a reverse hack that would force it to disconnect after a short time and then reconnect when needed. The way I'm reading it, when I see the dual arrows going in opposite directions where the signal strength meter is, it seems to be connected. I could get a day no problem on my battery (12-18 hours) whereas now I barely make it to dinner time before having to plug in. If someone know how to make the Verizon data connection disconnect after a timeout, please help. Remember, there are issues with dialing 911 as well. A big concern. I wonder if the dual *228 mentioned at the beginning of the post will help that.
Old 09-06-2007, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

runt is a n00b
batti does not work right with wm6, i installed it yesterday (only thing i did actually) and now i can't boot my phone
Old 09-06-2007, 09:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6700

bmtbandit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bmtbandit Send a message via Skype™ to bmtbandit
Quote:
I can *228 fine, and reset without issue.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Ace
Carrier: Sprint

linenoise is a n00b
Is anyone else having issues with the weather tab? The first time I installed WM6 the HTC weather worked perfectly. I uninstalled, and went back to WM5 to add the 1.14 radio, and then re-installed wm6. Now, the HTC weather tab keeps saying unable to retrieve data for selected city. I have tried multiple cities.
Also, is there a way to add different profiles to the phone audio level tab. And how do you assign the Automatic times?
Thanks,
Line Noise
Old 09-06-2007, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgo001 View Post
So two people did *228 option 1 and then *228 option 2 and had no issues. Interesting. I'm in New England and only did a single *228 option 1 (not option 2 after it was done). I'll try that on Sunday night.

In my opinion, the battery drain is due to the fact that this build appears to keep the data connection to Verizon open all day vs. in WM5 when it would connect and then disconnect after a short period of time. I too have been looking for a reverse hack that would force it to disconnect after a short time and then reconnect when needed. The way I'm reading it, when I see the dual arrows going in opposite directions where the signal strength meter is, it seems to be connected. I could get a day no problem on my battery (12-18 hours) whereas now I barely make it to dinner time before having to plug in. If someone know how to make the Verizon data connection disconnect after a timeout, please help. Remember, there are issues with dialing 911 as well. A big concern. I wonder if the dual *228 mentioned at the beginning of the post will help that.
I wish I could test the 911 now...without having an actual emergency that is.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by linenoise View Post
Is anyone else having issues with the weather tab? The first time I installed WM6 the HTC weather worked perfectly. I uninstalled, and went back to WM5 to add the 1.14 radio, and then re-installed wm6. Now, the HTC weather tab keeps saying unable to retrieve data for selected city. I have tried multiple cities.
Also, is there a way to add different profiles to the phone audio level tab. And how do you assign the Automatic times?
Thanks,
Line Noise
The Automatic Times are driven by your calender. For instance, if you have an appointment or event on your calendar from 9am - 11am, then the phone will automatically go into vibrate mode for that period of time.
Someone also linked an HTC Home Customizer program that may be able to adjust the settings for this. I couldn't get it to work on my phone though. But it sounds like it was user error on my part.

Last edited by fluidj; 09-06-2007 at 10:02 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development