PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu
I installed WM6 on Friday evening and have been running it all weekend. The only major bug I found was on a hard reset. When it asks you to setup a password or skip, if you hit next to set it up the system locks up. If you hit skip, it works fine. You can assign the password later. Other than that the system seems to be stable. It seems a tad slow, but stable.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 09-04-2007, 11:34 AM
Lurker

RyanDean is a n00b
I am having the same problem with text. I can't reply without searching the name in contacts. That is only if I know who sent me the message. Is there any fix for this? I let the Sprint cusomization run on the initial re-boot. Any help is appreciated
Old 09-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanDean View Post
I am having the same problem with text. I can't reply without searching the name in contacts. That is only if I know who sent me the message. Is there any fix for this? I let the Sprint cusomization run on the initial re-boot. Any help is appreciated
Try using Finger Flick Contact Manager. I have been using it all weekend and text messages work perfectly with this.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5787
Old 09-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

erwos is a n00b
Just to start off with, I installed this and then soft-reset before carrier customization could run. So you can't blame for my issues.

I haven't used my phone too heavily, but here's what I've found:
1. The record button "press" and "hold" configuration seems to be swapped. Hitting it brought up notes even after I specifically configured it to do nothing on that. Removing the "hold" notes functionality fixed it.
2. WiFi seems shaky, as others have mentioned. I was able to connect to my WPA-protected AP, but only about half the time.
3. ActiveSync sometimes gets "stuck" even after you pull out the cord. I can't replicate this consistently, though.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Voice Command Button 5 Fix

Thanks to luv2chill who posted this a while back on here and pdaphonhome. I remembered that I have this fix and I didn't see it posted in this thread, but if you don't want to do this manually >> install this, set your button 5 to voice command, soft reset and should work like a charm!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Voicemd Apache Fix 2.zip (589 Bytes, 1004 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwalker911 View Post
Ok, I have a Sprint PPC 6700 with the stock WM5. It also has the same classid listed as above.
The registy entries under HKCR\CLSID\={c59db2e9-601c-423b-8bf3-352be01b89ba} are:

Default = "HTMLNote Compose Body Count Handler"
\InProcServer32\Default = "htmlnote.dll"
\InProcServer32\ThreadingModel = "Free"

My guess would be if you duplicated these entries and copied the htmlnote.dll to the new OS it just might work.

Just looked thru my PPC and these items of which you speak are already implemented in my PPC. And still I have no character count in texting. Have been looking thru the registry to see if I come across anything.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by hecatomb View Post
I had the reset while charging problem on every AKU (even stock) on my 6700; It would recognize the battery level fine after about 5 minutes, but it was kind of annoying.
Ditto, I've experienced this on every AKU and ROM, have yet to see it occur on WM6 yet though.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
Im having an issue downloading from the phone now. when trying to dl in mobile IE I get a message saying "this device does not support this type of file" no matter what link I select... anyone else getting this error?
Not sure what the problem was, but am now able to dl files as normal
Old 09-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: AT&T TILT Kaiser WM 6.1
Carrier: Vivo Brazil

jreisdaluz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jreisdaluz Send a message via Skype™ to jreisdaluz
Hello. Since I upgraded to WM6, the ##codes doesn't work any more. As I'm from Brazil, I installed the Vivo Brazil rom and the codes that I used to input was ##code# + talk. Even if don't press talk it still doesn't work. I installed the generic one, but with no change. Can somebody help me, please?
Old 09-04-2007, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Richard Ward is a n00b
Everything works great on my Alltel PPC-6700, however when I get a MMS (pic or vid mail), it displays the message in the list, but when I tap it to open, it just shows the options of the message, not the message itself. Alltel's senior data techs told me the Alltel 6700 does not support MMS in the hardware, however WM6 gives me the option to use it, and I receive the message, but my sends for MMS fail over instantly.

The default MMS config from the A0.rar is as follows (Default):

Gateway: 63.73.9.22
Port: 9201
Server address: http://vxpix.com/servlets/mms
Connect via: Alltel wireless (That's my data connection, which works fine)
Sending size limitation: 350K
WAP: WAP 1.2

vxpix, sounds like Verizon, domain goes to a page holder. I tried to Google for "Alltel MMS servlet" and "Alltel MMS configuration" and came up short on the correct information. SMS works great, send/recv just fine, so does data (Gotta love YouTube!), cals, voicemail, the works.. All except MMS.

Are the Alltel tech gods correct in saying that 6700 cannot support MMS at all?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development