PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?
Carrier: Sprint

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apogee View Post
Anyone having trouble sending MMS on Sprint? It says message delivery failed or message receipt failed. I haven't seen any posts about this yet.

Right on the 1st page it explains what the problem might be for those that have the text message problems.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780

Last post on 1st page. Do not let the customizations run. Hard reset. When the customizations begin soft reset. It should help with any text message issues.

Also to what network where you trying to send the message to? T-Mobile, Sprint, etc. etc.?

Last edited by intrlude; 09-03-2007 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Maybe carrier dependant.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint TouchPro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

p38fln is becoming a great contributor
I have Sprint - Sent a message to myself:
You have new picture mail! Click here to view. This is how it worked with WM5 also, so I'd say it works fine

Nothing was really working right with SMS or MMS till I clicked "Clear Storage" then hit the reset button when the customization screen came up. Try that.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6700

rcclark333 is a n00b
The txt disappearing, well this happened w/ stock roms (atleast for me it did, i'm on xv6700) and just like u said, when the txt come in and i do a soft reset at anytime after the txt came through and 15mins(just an assumtion, not exact mins) the txt would b erased. So it's not just Helmi_c's WM6 rom prob. or anything, i think it's something to do w/ WM? Idk, i'm not Helmi_c so i'm not trained to know these codings and such, but i'm guessing it's something w/ WM 'cause before upgrading to Helmi_c i always had the stock verizon rom.

I remembering reading something quite awhile ago about that changes are not committed until you turn off the WM5 device for a specific period of time. So if you reset before leaving the device turned for the specified amount of time, according to the device these events never happened. I have usually seen this appear with just using Pocket Outlook, where it needs to re-synch messages that I knew were downloaded or I had to move the emails to the proper folders again after a reset.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
My text messages now don't disappear anymore after a soft reset...yay!
Old 09-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

pdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuffpdx77 knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLex View Post
I dont know if this will make much of a difference. You've upgraded to Helmi's WM6 and can get XCPUScalar to work; yet on my Mogul which comes with WM6 installed, XCPUScalar doesnt work. I wonder what us Mogul uses would have to do to get it XCPUScalar to work. It normally just causes a freeze that only a reset will get me out of.
It's because the mogul uses a different proccesor then the 6700. The author of XCPUSCalar took note of that and has said he is working on a release for the mogul.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung SCH-i760
Carrier: Verizon

romulus15 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by erwos View Post
Let me take a guess at this one.

Most flash filesystems don't do their writes in real-time - they'll buffer them up for some specified period of time, and then do them in one burst. Saves wear-and-tear on the flash memory, since it has a limited (albeit large) number of writes.
Yup...never thought about that, so it does make perfect sense. I guess it's by design, so there's no way around it.

The chances of a txt/email coming in and then having to reset the phone before the commit period is pretty slim I'd say.

I think I've had it happen twice in 2 years.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Im having an issue downloading from the phone now. when trying to dl in mobile IE I get a message saying "this device does not support this type of file" no matter what link I select... anyone else getting this error?
Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
you hit the nail right on the head with that one, works like a charm now. For anyone else out there installing the rom do what pdx77 said, don't let the custom carrier bloatware install and you'll be all good. I did it meself and so did a buddy of mine so it works guaranteed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 11:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor
I have been unable to get wifi to work with the new rom. It attempts connecting to my network and then says unavailable. It did connect once in 20 tries, but it refused to connect again. My network is composed of two APs one a linksys, the other a netgear. It is running WPA-PSK.

Has anyone found a reason for this?
Old 09-03-2007, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

aponej is a n00b
I have been running helmi_c's WM6 ROM since Saturday. Flawless in most respects. Reen Tech Support told me that PiePlus does not support WM6 but I am running the latest version with no problems. Same is true with iLauncher, Pocket Mechanic, Pocket Hackmaster, & SKTools. Only bugaboo has been Voice Command. I had the 1.5 version hacked and running perfectly in WM5 including activation with my Motorola HS 850, but it would not work at all with the flash upgrade. I upgraded to 1.6 (available from PocketGear for $10), and it now works for the most part except phone dialing and BT activation. When I call up a number to call, it will start the dialing process and then freeze. It requires a tap of the screen to remove the Today screen & to make the call go through. No idea what is causing this but suspect some software conflict. Calendar, appointments, and the rest are all fine when activated with the button assignment (using Button 1 since Button 5 is hard to use with Brando Leather Case). If anyone has had similar problems and found any solutions, let me know. This upgrade is too good to go back. Biggest advantage for me is the iFrame support which would have required a 3rd party browser with WM5.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development