PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brightedge is keeping up the good workbrightedge is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro View Post
Not being prompted or given the option of downloading files to my storage card, only given error that there is not enough space?
Did you unlock your extended rom? To check, go into Settings > Memory and see if it lists both Storage Card and Storage Card 2 (or something like that.) If you see both, edit the following registry value from 0 to 1, then soft reset:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\ TRUEFFS_DOC1]
"MountHidden"=dword:00000001

Quote:
Originally Posted by jro View Post
Cannot get ActiveSync to work...gives the dreaded 85010014 error, all I want is my contacts sync'd once
Try disabling the Advanced Networking feature in Settings > Connections > USB to PC. That might help.
And in the kitchen, bind them.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache

Lev2k7 is a n00b
Text/Call History Problems

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with some minor problems I have been having with my sprint apache. Once i installed WM6 I noticed that text messages no longer display the sender, instead the first word is displayed as the sender. Any clue on how to fix this? I know people have said you shouldn't let the text messaging be customized but I'm unclear on what this means or how to do it, or if it will even fix my issue.

My second issue is that the call history list doesn't cover the entire screen and the previous screen is visible to the left of the list (where the missed call, made call, received call icons should be).

any help on restoring my text messages or the icons would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700<Mogul<TP<TP2<EVO 4G<EVO 3D<Next?

intrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good workintrlude is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to intrlude Send a message via AIM to intrlude Send a message via MSN to intrlude Send a message via Yahoo to intrlude Send a message via Skype™ to intrlude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev2k7 View Post
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me with some minor problems I have been having with my sprint apache. Once i installed WM6 I noticed that text messages no longer display the sender, instead the first word is displayed as the sender. Any clue on how to fix this? I know people have said you shouldn't let the text messaging be customized but I'm unclear on what this means or how to do it, or if it will even fix my issue.

My second issue is that the call history list doesn't cover the entire screen and the previous screen is visible to the left of the list (where the missed call, made call, received call icons should be).

any help on restoring my text messages or the icons would be much appreciated. Thanks.
"Customize" refers to the automatic customizations that load after loading the rom. It is recommended that you soft reset prior to letting the customizations load.

Hard reset. "Loading Customizations in 3..2..1..." don't let it proceed. Soft reset! Always read all posts as this information has been covered.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780

Post #10 of the 1st! page.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Lurker

kienkham is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvith View Post
few things that i've noticed....

1) when in an app, and the data connection is on, pressing the end key doesn't minimize the app. (if i'm in txt menu and i wanted to minimize it and go bak to IE, i have to go start->today screen)
2) There is no menu on the HTC-X button (that's the one that came w/ the rom right?) to c wat apps r running... u know, that little drop down menu that u can get to swith between apps.
3)IE is scrolling really really really slow. I went to Intomobile.com (which btw has an article on Helmi_C.. as do basicall all other mobile websites) and if the view is set to "One Column" it scrolls faster, but if it's set to "Desktop" it takes forever to scroll down to the bottom or scroll to the side.

that's about it for now
For your question number 2: Click on Start->Setting->System->Task Manager->Button and select "Enable Quick Menu on Today Screen"
Old 09-04-2007, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: nexus one
Carrier: att

myteematt is a n00b
Voice Command Incoming Announce doesn'nt work

Voice Command 1.6 Option to announce incoming phone calls by speaking them aloud no longer works. Everything else works in voice command including activating Voice Command from the headset or the speaker just no more incoming voice announce. Any ideas anyone?
Old 09-04-2007, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sethlo is a n00b
A few bugs:

1. sprint rom seems to default in vibrate mode. Even after fussing with the comm manager vibrate button and taking off vibrate, the phone consistently switches back to vibrate on its own. After a soft reset, and more fussing with the comm manager vibrate button, it finally switches to "ringer" mode. If I press "ok" hard button after taking off vibrate to minimize it seems to help. I have HTC task manager set to minimize, not close apps.

2. phone also seems to wake itself up. When charging, the backlight will not stay off. Also, seems to happen when not charging as well. Screen will light up on its own.

3. Can confirm the default backlight time is hard to kill. Keeps going back to the default. (10 seconds? or maybe its 30 -- I like to set it to one minute).
Old 09-04-2007, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

cakek is a n00b
Anyone got a fix for the TCPMP Player? When I installed the new ROM it will not play any of my videos! The sound is there but no video. I read somewhere that there are codecs missing. If so, how do I get them back in the ROM? Thanks for any help in advance.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Blitzed26 is keeping up the good workBlitzed26 is keeping up the good work
Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tscalzott View Post
First of all, I love this build. WM6 on the Apache is wonderful.

I am noticing drastically reduced battery life. Is anyone else? I have the XV6700 on Verizon and even with beaming turned off (always) and Direct Push disabled, I am getting only 4 hours out of a battery with minimal usage. Ugh.
Helmi, Awesome Job! You are the master!

I am too having battery issues. I use the extended battery which would get me down to 30% with 3.5. I use direct push, Bluetooth, beam off, and vibrate for all new emails. With this rom I was completely dead by 5pm. To sum it up 14 hours on 3.5 got me to 30% and 9 hours on this rom got be completely dead. Hopefully it is a small issue!

I am on sprint if that matters.

Phil
Old 09-04-2007, 08:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Pro

Dardo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Idiot View Post
there is some redundancy...
2 recorders (the new one doesn't seem as good as the old one...am I missing something here?)
2 calculators (the old calc gets its buttons kicked by the new calc)
2 internet browsers... IE and Deepfish... I already use PixelBrowser and Netfront, but that's just me.
2 File explorers... yeah, Resco is better and needs to be registered...
3 Modem Linking apps... I don't know enough on this to know the differences
3 Media Players... I suppose this is still necessary for functionalities/compatibilities.

UnlockExtendedRom... isn't it now unlocked by default? I didn't need to run this to use it as extra space on mine anyway, but maybe I just don't know something else this does.

Function to "Suggest Words" when entering text (default is now to suggest after entering SPACE, I just set it to be after 3 letters) btw- that can be fixed under "Global Options" within the Notes/Options Menu.

Edit- this only occurred while other apps were running in the background: (The sand game is cool, but it kicked some dirt in the eye of my little processor. Locked it up within minutes of playtime. Maybe we just need to learn how to play nicer in the sandbox, but it definitely can lock up the clockwork and is just asking for a cold boot.)

Also, YahooGo is for Yahoos. Is there a goog app out there for us Googlians?

Try Hard reset..answer Y to all....the duplicates are from a NOT SO GOOD install...
Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Pro

Dardo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by badfrog View Post
ok, heres the biggest problem I have had since switching to WM6.
when I connect via my USB cable, windows fails to recognize the device at least 50% of the time, and activesync won't connect even when I dont get a USB device error quite frequently.
sometimes soft reset fixes it, sometimes I have to reboot my computer. A minor annoynance, but frustrating.

I do have the latest activesync.
find ACTIVE SYNC mode...its not active sync..will put a 2nd green circle on your programs..and set it to USB mode

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development