PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

dth4310 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to dth4310
Talking Splash Screen lock FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
Maybe my post (#813) in this thread will help http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...2925#post82925.
Good suggestion - removed HTC Home from today, loaded the phone up with even more programs, and I'm rebooting wonderfully.

Thank you!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 09:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Thinking1 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Thinking1 Send a message via Yahoo to Thinking1
for anyone having issues with downloading email with the new rom, I have found that you can download them directly through sprint if you use your actual email ID (not your phone number) and the password that you set up on sprints website...
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

deathworm is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcclark333 View Post
I was able to get Gmail to work without configuring anything. It just worked.
is it using imap or pop? i've tried both. oh well. the rom still kicks a55.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

Kalnel is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by shwa311 View Post
2. SPM Mobile Shell... God I like this app but SPB seems to have some memory probs for me. V1.0 created a leak (WM5) so I uninstalled and waited for V1.5. That seemed to do it. Know that I have WM6 (Helmi and others, thanks! I was here , know I'm here ) this was one of the first apps I wanted to install. I did and it seems to have a mem release problem. Meaning I will open up another app (that obviously uses mem) and when I close it the mem is not released. Basically I end up with below 1mb of program mem. Soft reset... It all comes back.

I cant be for certain its MShell but I'm pretty sure.
No problems for me with Mobile Shell -- it installed fine and it's not causing any memory problems. (But, I didn't have any problem with MS1.0 or with 1.5 on the stock ROM.)

kal
Old 09-05-2007, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

Schwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on repSchwartz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Anyone Get Wifi To Work YET?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:05 PM
Lurker

avantgo001 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth4310 View Post
Good suggestion - removed HTC Home from today, loaded the phone up with even more programs, and I'm rebooting wonderfully.

Thank you!!!!
I had the same issue with the green Windows Mobile screen locking up on me today. After lots of failed attempts, I had to finally do a hard reset and lose lots of great customizations. Oh well, such is life on the bleeding edge. Anyhow, wouldn't removing the HTS home plugin from the Today screen defeat the purpose of using a cool build like this. It is one of the most prominent features right? Anyhow, I've found some bugs that I'd like to report:

On Verizon network....

Tried to report an issue to police via 911 and it failed twice in a row. Did same thing as someone mentioned earlier. Sat for a long time, finally beeped seveal times and disconnected. Call never went through.

Today, I did a *228 to update my roaming list and recording on phone said it completed successfully. However, it didn't rebooot the phone automatically like it used to. I did a soft reset and that is what began my odyssey into the locked green splash screen.

On this build, vs. the most recent kitchen, the connection to Verizon's data network seems to be on all the time. That is really draining the battery. I think there is a registry hack for this. Either way, I found it interesting that this is the way it is by default in this version.

I'll report more issues as I come across them. Overall, very cool!
Old 09-05-2007, 11:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH Pro

Dardo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightedge View Post
To each his own
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluidj View Post
That customizer bogged my phone down and locked it up twice....i'd avoid it.

i just installed it on my buddies xv6700..FLawlessly 2nd isntall this week
my phone for 5 days...

no issues for 5 days now..

all good
Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 PM
Lurker

avantgo001 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgo001 View Post
I had the same issue with the green Windows Mobile screen locking up on me today. After lots of failed attempts, I had to finally do a hard reset and lose lots of great customizations. Oh well, such is life on the bleeding edge. Anyhow, wouldn't removing the HTS home plugin from the Today screen defeat the purpose of using a cool build like this. It is one of the most prominent features right? Anyhow, I've found some bugs that I'd like to report:

On Verizon network....

Tried to report an issue to police via 911 and it failed twice in a row. Did same thing as someone mentioned earlier. Sat for a long time, finally beeped seveal times and disconnected. Call never went through.

Today, I did a *228 to update my roaming list and recording on phone said it completed successfully. However, it didn't rebooot the phone automatically like it used to. I did a soft reset and that is what began my odyssey into the locked green splash screen.

On this build, vs. the most recent kitchen, the connection to Verizon's data network seems to be on all the time. That is really draining the battery. I think there is a registry hack for this. Either way, I found it interesting that this is the way it is by default in this version.

I'll report more issues as I come across them. Overall, very cool!
Just did it again (*228 over the air update) on Verizon and it did the same thing. The phone (6700) locked up on soft reset during the green Windows Mobile splash screen. Had to hard reset. A word of warning for folks out there trying to do *228 with WM6 recent build. Unless it is just happening to me. Anyone else see this?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache

Roger Strong is a n00b
WiFi is working for me on my WPA-PSK [TKIP] network.

First, I go to Settings/Connections/Connections/Advanced/Select Networks. This pulls up the "Network Management" screen. In the drop-down list for "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:", I select "My Work Network" - as opposed to my carrier's cell network.

When I connect to the WiFi network, on the "Configure Wireless Network" screen, I set "Connects to:" to "The Internet".

(Presumably to connect to machines on my private network, in the "Network Management" screen I'd leave the drop-down list for "Programs that automatically connect to a private network should connect using:" set to "My Work Network". When I connect to the WiFi network, on the "Configure Wireless Network" screen, I'd set "Connects to:" to "Work". I had this working in WM5, but didn't make notes.)

This is all pretty much as it was in WM5. It's a pain in that to switch between WiFi and Cellular internet browsing, I have to keep changing that for "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using:" dropdown.

WHEN I CONNECT, or if I switch the phone off for a moment or not use the connection for a few minutes, I have to renew the IP address. (Even though on the Wireless LAN screen I'm still listed as "connected".) I go to the Advanced tab and hit "Renew IP", and I can communicate again.

Again, this is as it was in WM5. Perhaps it our NetGear router; my wife's laptop has a similar issue and solution when connecting. I'm no WiFi expert.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

ryangod is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgo001 View Post
Just did it again (*228 over the air update) on Verizon and it did the same thing. The phone (6700) locked up on soft reset during the green Windows Mobile splash screen. Had to hard reset. A word of warning for folks out there trying to do *228 with WM6 recent build. Unless it is just happening to me. Anyone else see this?
Happened to me on a clean and simple 3.5 rom. I did *228 as soon as the WM6 rom loaded (before soft resetting to kill the customization), and it went through. I won't be trying it again, it will lock up the phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development