Old 09-05-2007, 11:46 PM
avantgo001
Lurker

avantgo001 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgo001 View Post
I had the same issue with the green Windows Mobile screen locking up on me today. After lots of failed attempts, I had to finally do a hard reset and lose lots of great customizations. Oh well, such is life on the bleeding edge. Anyhow, wouldn't removing the HTS home plugin from the Today screen defeat the purpose of using a cool build like this. It is one of the most prominent features right? Anyhow, I've found some bugs that I'd like to report:

On Verizon network....

Tried to report an issue to police via 911 and it failed twice in a row. Did same thing as someone mentioned earlier. Sat for a long time, finally beeped seveal times and disconnected. Call never went through.

Today, I did a *228 to update my roaming list and recording on phone said it completed successfully. However, it didn't rebooot the phone automatically like it used to. I did a soft reset and that is what began my odyssey into the locked green splash screen.

On this build, vs. the most recent kitchen, the connection to Verizon's data network seems to be on all the time. That is really draining the battery. I think there is a registry hack for this. Either way, I found it interesting that this is the way it is by default in this version.

I'll report more issues as I come across them. Overall, very cool!
Just did it again (*228 over the air update) on Verizon and it did the same thing. The phone (6700) locked up on soft reset during the green Windows Mobile splash screen. Had to hard reset. A word of warning for folks out there trying to do *228 with WM6 recent build. Unless it is just happening to me. Anyone else see this?