PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Believe me, I understand pressures. And please don't mistake what I have been saying. I am sure if you give it more thought, you will realize that you are confirming my points. You are just saying them in a different ways. With regard to much ado about little... I agree with that 100% until 21109 came out. That is the only build that made and real difference with the TP. I am curious to see if it does the same for the Apache. I dont care much if it does though... since I use the TP now... but there are others who might let me cook their phones for fun. Good luck in your endeavors. You guys have done some amazing work.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:11 PM
temp-999

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

TIME FOR A N00B QUESTION!!... OK, I keep seeing build numbers... where-oh-where, in the BuildOS (or, PPC-BuildOS) do you FIND them?!? For that matter, where do you find them for downloading them? Please, DON'T tell me to "install-and-update". DOESN'T WORK. Updater has been "finding" the latest BuildOS (.9.05.3.1), won't update. (for that matter, won't dl PPCKitchen OEM's. Gets to 99% the fails/rollback). I dl-ed Helmi_c's WM6 Kitchen, WORKS GREAT! However, which version? Don't know. Updateable? Don't know. Can I use "Updater" with it? Again, don't know. How about some N00B answers. And yes, I checked the N00B forum. And No, search fails (depending on the day, fingers crossed, position of tongue, etc.). About 25% of the time, in other words... temp-999
Old 01-12-2009, 10:15 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by temp-999 View Post
TIME FOR A N00B QUESTION!!... OK, I keep seeing build numbers... where-oh-where, in the BuildOS (or, PPC-BuildOS) do you FIND them?!? For that matter, where do you find them for downloading them? Please, DON'T tell me to "install-and-update". DOESN'T WORK. Updater has been "finding" the latest BuildOS (.9.05.3.1), won't update. (for that matter, won't dl PPCKitchen OEM's. Gets to 99% the fails/rollback). I dl-ed Helmi_c's WM6 Kitchen, WORKS GREAT! However, which version? Don't know. Updateable? Don't know. Can I use "Updater" with it? Again, don't know. How about some N00B answers. And yes, I checked the N00B forum. And No, search fails (depending on the day, fingers crossed, position of tongue, etc.). About 25% of the time, in other words... temp-999
1) you pick them from within the NEWEST buildos (the one you downloaded and couldn't figure out) and Updater (updater downloads them, buildos uses them).
2) Update DOES work, just not so well. Try checking just one thing at a time. If that doesn't work, visit www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads and grab the files manually. It'll be much easier through updater for you.
3) Helmi WM6.1 is 19716. I don't know what build Helmi WM6 was (older, obviously).
4) Updater does not work with any other kitchen you may have found.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 PM
temp-999

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

[quote=gguruusa;635957]
2) Update DOES work, just not so well. Try checking just one thing at a time. If that doesn't work, visit www.ppckitchen.org/Downloads and grab the files manually. It'll be much easier through updater for you.

Yah... I've already done a one-by-one dl...
that's how I've ended-up NOT having .9.05.3.1 and PPCKitchens_OEM not being downloaded.
I also already tried doing a direct download (which is VERY hard to find if you've logged-in {downloads DON'T show in the page-bar when logged in}).

BuildOS still wants to update itself.
PPCKitchens_OEM still shows "new version available"

So... where am I messing up?

temp-999
addendum: PK_OEM gets to 99% done before fail/rollback, just in case I didn't mention it before.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

You're not messing up anywhere. You got the files manually, so the updater doesn't know the updates are "done" (it's not that smart). The problem with it getting to 99% then rolling back is known, though unknown why it occurs sometimes. If you grabbed everything manually, then ignore the update notice. If you'd like to tell updater what you've updated, have a look at c:\program files\ppckitchen.org\updater\section_buildos.xml.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I don't know why your builds had poor performance, but my 20931 runs fine.
I can confirm 20931 is a better Build than others before like 20924, and in most cases runs fine.

I like to build loaded roms, and I can confirm 20931 having certain issues of memory handling and speed when baking a full rom using older versions of Opera with memory hogging manila2D.

I can also confirm Build 20755 running both fast and more stable when cooking full roms and able to place more OEMs in, and best for running Manilla2D cooked in rom for Apache.

I can also confirm any rom running faster with "other" method of not using patches and running SPB safemode, but I DO NOT recommend it for the "average user" because it is not straight-forward and rather tedious steps to accomplish it. It would cause more questions than it's worth in performance.

I have since moved on to the TouchPro as well but will never 4get my Apache
Old 01-21-2009, 11:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

deprekate is a n00b

I too am having trouble with ppckitchen roms powering off after 4 minutes, as well as numerous problems with trying to get s2p working(power button shuts off device completely with s2u2; after about 30-40 min device powers off if idle but playing media). Ive tried going back to 20755 like everyone says, but that too now has all the problems(like others mentioned) where can i find a 20755 buildos, before the "create new project tab got added(and presumably when all the problems arose).

ppc6700, sprint
Old 01-22-2009, 02:17 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprekate View Post
I too am having trouble with ppckitchen roms powering off after 4 minutes, as well as numerous problems with trying to get s2p working(power button shuts off device completely with s2u2; after about 30-40 min device powers off if idle but playing media). Ive tried going back to 20755 like everyone says, but that too now has all the problems(like others mentioned) where can i find a 20755 buildos, before the "create new project tab got added(and presumably when all the problems arose).
Nothing to do with it. Your problem is how the power management features of WM are configurred. There's a post on how to fix it somewhere in this thread...too tired to search for it right now. As I recall, the solution is to turn off gwes power management and leave the other power management system alone.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
I can also confirm any rom running faster with "other" method of not using patches and running SPB safemode, but I DO NOT recommend it for the "average user" because it is not straight-forward and rather tedious steps to accomplish it. It would cause more questions than it's worth in performance.
If you still have your apache, it'd be interesting to compare a normal process list against your safemode list.
Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

deprekate is a n00b

how come build 20755(or any other 20xxx) used to work fine but now it doesnt? also ya ive turned off gwes using the controlset..control..power registry thing. and it ruins battery performance, as well as the whole power button shutting off the whole device when using s2u2/s2p playing.

Last edited by deprekate; 01-22-2009 at 05:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development