PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2008, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

kcallis is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
You don't want to upgrade your Bootloader... In general, we prefer the older versions because they take up less space, and the new versions did not seem to give any benefit...

I recommend using build 20755 for the Apache right now, as the newer builds are not quite ready IMHO... (In a month or two, this might change. )

There are prebuilt "clean" ROMs available if you look hard enough around, but the kitchen is usually a better choice... You might want someone to send you their "selections" file so you don't have to guess...

Check out www.ppckitchen.org too...
Actually, I did that in my latest build... Finally got a decent running ROM in place... Now just a few changes and then I will be ready to learn how to use OEMizer and have my final run ready to go...
Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

larado1 is a n00b

I want to use this but do I have to unlock my ppc6700 first and if so what do i use to unlock?
Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by larado1 View Post
I want to use this but do I have to unlock my ppc6700 first and if so what do i use to unlock?
There's no such thing as a locked 6700.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are there any further upgrades to this in the pipeline?

Thank you very much
Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

not likely. as stated by many others, 20755 is your best performer to date for the Apache. the two builds after that have very poor performance. it remains to be seen if a build such as 21109 will be made available. I wouldnt hold your breath though... it seems that the work for the Apache is almost dead. For an upgrade, consider the touch pro. 21109 is the first build i have seen that is significantly better than stock... and stock wasnt too shabby on the touch pro.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

It's too bad, but not unexpected... I suspect Apaches will start migrating to Android (If it ever gets to the Beta statge) or simply get replaced as you said...
Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
not likely. as stated by many others, 20755 is your best performer to date for the Apache. the two builds after that have very poor performance. it remains to be seen if a build such as 21109 will be made available. I wouldnt hold your breath though... it seems that the work for the Apache is almost dead.
Why would you even post such drivel? If it'll fit and run on the apache, it'll be released. I'd have thought that'd be obvious. I don't know why your builds had poor performance, but my 20931 runs fine.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psiphi View Post
It's too bad, but not unexpected... I suspect Apaches will start migrating to Android (If it ever gets to the Beta statge) or simply get replaced as you said...
I played with my co-workers G-1 and the production OS is nowhere near as mature as WM6 is.
OS felt like a mixture of Palm & Blackberry OS.
I felt sorry for the guy. whole unit felt cheap/plastic & toy-like.
Nowhere near as solid a unit as the Apache, so imagine comparing to a polished unit like a TouchPro or (edit, nameIphone.
Frankly the Apache still amazes at what it can do & how solid it is.

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-08-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:47 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Why would you even post such drivel? If it'll fit and run on the apache, it'll be released. I'd have thought that'd be obvious. I don't know why your builds had poor performance, but my 20931 runs fine.
I've done plenty of tests and nothing beat 20755. And to be honest, 20755 as constructed by the kitchen wasn't all that great with the patch work. It worked much better with patches omitted, built, and safe mode booted, then rebooted.

I would love to see the day that 21109 makes it to your kitchen. I'm sure you will get to it... eventually... but my point was that there has been little activity lately and I would just be surprised to see any more. All the activity now seems to be in the TP...
Old 01-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I've done plenty of tests and nothing beat 20755. And to be honest, 20755 as constructed by the kitchen wasn't all that great with the patch work. It worked much better with patches omitted, built, and safe mode booted, then rebooted.

I would love to see the day that 21109 makes it to your kitchen. I'm sure you will get to it... eventually... but my point was that there has been little activity lately and I would just be surprised to see any more. All the activity now seems to be in the TP...
Your point was poorly made. The question you responded to was will more updates come. The answer is unequivacably yes.

You see more activity on the touch pro because that's where the lets release the rom we baked last night people are. It's much ado about little. There haven't been updates in ppckitchen for awhile because there hasn't been much exciting to do, and we have other pressures occupying our time, at the moment.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development