PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprekate View Post
how come build 20755(or any other 20xxx) used to work fine but now it doesnt? also ya ive turned off gwes using the controlset..control..power registry thing. and it ruins battery performance, as well as the whole power button shutting off the whole device when using s2u2 and having s2p playing.
Nothing in that area should have changed, but I'll check the logs next chance I get. Not suprising battery life tanks - you're telling a whole subsystem not to enter standby.
Quote:
i can do the safe mode list, jsut give me instructions how.
You'll have to scroll back to where edufur says how he did it. A search might pull it up (edufur safemode).
Old 01-22-2009, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

deprekate is a n00b

yay, i got 20755 to work somewhat like it used to(i deleted all files in ppckitchen folder and started from scratch). i dont have to disable gwes and the 30-40 minute idle shutdown is gone. although s2u2 still doesnt work like it should(still shuts off with power button) but i can map s2u2 to run on a diffrent button and then let s2u2 turn off screen.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
If you still have your apache, it'd be interesting to compare a normal process list against your safemode list.

In past, I have tried to duplicate the effect with other safemode progs, but only SPB worked.

The safemode list should give much insight as to whats going on and restarting, so yea , will do l8tr 2day when get home.

I had, deleted the patched folder from the rar file and I think from my textfile, when making the rom, and it was dog-slow just to get to bootup and into safe mode, then all went fine after...Problem is it will always be cripplingly slow on a hard reset, so SPB was cooked into rom for the safemode. trying without cooking in would take all day just 2 load a the cab!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Well, here is my contribution to the cause. I don't use the Apache anymore but my girlfriend has my old one. Since she didn't want steady streams of cooking, tweaking, etc... and since she wanted a solid build, I did the following:

1. Removed the patches from the group or device file (dont remember which it was)
2. Created a build for 20755 (it is the fastest of ALL one the safemode trick is done)
3. Setup a perfect amount of selections to fill the build and stayed with the default pagepool.
4. After build complete and configured, installed SPB Pocket Plus (this process will take a while since the phone is currently VERY slow)
5. After install complete, reset phone.
6. Reset again within less that one minute of the previous reset.
7. Upon second reset, phone will prompt for safe mode boot.
8. Complete a safe mode boot.
9. Reset again for normal boot.
10. Uninstall SPB pocket plus (since your device is now very fast and you likely dont ever need that again... unless you like its features)
11. Every rebuild or hard reset will require repeating steps 4 -10.

Have fun.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: Srint

AD8001 is a n00b

Quote:
There's no such thing as a locked 6700.
I too studied the tutorials for using BuildOs to flash my Sprint PPC-6700. Unfortunately something went very wrong. After trying to "Build ROM" with different builds and getting memory available errors, I finally trimmed down the apps so that the memory problem became a non factor. There were a few dialog windows about overwriting an existing file to which I selected "yes."

The build finally completed successfully and the RUU ran and presented after about 5 minutes the "complete screen" about disconnecting my device and resetting. When I hard reset I see a screen asking for confirmations to either press "Y" to continue or "N" to exit. I press "Y" and "Clearing" appears, the screen goes dark and nothing happens. I press the power button and nothing appears to happen but the device evidently powers on because if I connect the usb cable to the computer it reports an unrecognized usb device.

The device is an old Sprint PPC-6700, bootloader is 1.00, pc is running XP SPk 2. Is it dead forever, or can it be revived? If it is dead, will it dream?

Thanks for any information...
Old 01-27-2009, 03:00 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD8001 View Post
I too studied the tutorials for using BuildOs to flash my Sprint PPC-6700. Unfortunately something went very wrong. After trying to "Build ROM" with different builds and getting memory available errors, I finally trimmed down the apps so that the memory problem became a non factor. There were a few dialog windows about overwriting an existing file to which I selected "yes."

The build finally completed successfully and the RUU ran and presented after about 5 minutes the "complete screen" about disconnecting my device and resetting. When I hard reset I see a screen asking for confirmations to either press "Y" to continue or "N" to exit. I press "Y" and "Clearing" appears, the screen goes dark and nothing happens. I press the power button and nothing appears to happen but the device evidently powers on because if I connect the usb cable to the computer it reports an unrecognized usb device.

The device is an old Sprint PPC-6700, bootloader is 1.00, pc is running XP SPk 2. Is it dead forever, or can it be revived? If it is dead, will it dream?

Thanks for any information...
It's fine. put it in bootloader mode, then flash again. Try starting small (like clean) then adding, rather than huge and trimming till it just squeezes in.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:11 AM
Lurker

AD8001 is a n00b

Thanks! I will give it a try and report...
Old 01-27-2009, 11:41 AM
Lurker

AD8001 is a n00b
Smile Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
It's fine. put it in bootloader mode, then flash again. Try starting small (like clean) then adding, rather than huge and trimming till it just squeezes in.
Thank you for saving my old 6700! Your suggestion worked wonderfully!
Any idea what happened to cause the problem? I installed a plain kitchen without any apps selected and the entire process took less than 7 minutes...

Thank you!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD8001 View Post
Thank you for saving my old 6700! Your suggestion worked wonderfully!
Any idea what happened to cause the problem? I installed a plain kitchen without any apps selected and the entire process took less than 7 minutes...

Thank you!
Could be any number of things. Most likely, something you built in. If you can send me a selections.txt that demonstrates the problem, I'll be happy to diagnose it so others don't have the same problem.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
If you still have your apache, it'd be interesting to compare a normal process list against your safemode list.
OK, sory for delay,
As you may know, my rom was cooked without the patches & using SPB method for correction.
I tried to find out why the SPB was working, and I didn't want whole OEM,
I made a small OEM with just the SPB safemode exe and 3dll files and registry.
It resetted but stayed slow and didn't give me the speed.
Same (no speed) results with another safemode prog that I made OEM of.
Only the whole PSB OEM worked so I assume, it must be something different how the SPB restarts..
It may also be the process list difference, I did not compare at the time.

Here is my process list of Safemode using SPB, then normal mode:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg safemode.jpg (25.2 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Normal.jpg (50.9 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 01-28-2009 at 05:34 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development