PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2008, 12:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

xeroendo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

I agree with you, I love what these guys did for the apache. I hope they didn't take my question as bothering.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I assure the have noticed your many asinine comments about the MMS issue. I totally understand your frustration about the issue but what I don't understand is your constant badgering of the developers. Here is the thing, this software was developed and made available for FREE to all of us. If you donated to the cause I commend you for that but the fact remains that without these guys this software would not even be possible for our Apache's. The manufacturer certainly doesn't care enough to make it happen. As you have noticed these guys spend COUNTLESS hours sitting on here and figuring out problems when they could be taking their kids to a movie, remember they have lives and jobs too.
Now don't get me wrong I think it is acceptable to ask periodically if anyone has found a solution, but the "hey if you don't find the solution I am gonna dump this ROM" kind of comments only move your issue further back on the list of things to fix. If you wanted to help yourself you could dump your registry, then reload 6.0 on your phone (if MMS works)then dump the registry again and see if there is a difference in registry settings. That may help you figure out the cause. Sorry to rant on this issue I just believe we should show these guys some respect and have a little patience when we have a problem. Sorry if you think this is a rant and it pisses you off but this is meant toward anyone who displays this type attitude.

i've herd wrose the point stands i'd not be so annoyed if they'd openly admit its an issue instead of ppl trying to hint it don't exist. just because cricket users are "Far and inbetween" don't mean we don't exist. as for the coders sure i give them all the props in the world, however there are many many many of them making roms for these phones. often times when something gets big and its made for miltipule carriers ppl tend to forget about the small ones. i've takin the time to do more then u'd think. i've mostly solved the issue by making custom registrys i can send fine. i receive from cricket users but not other carriers now. so really its gotten annoying after say 2+weeks. i've takin time out of my schudle to try to figure out the problem. i've hit a point where i no longer have any ideas so i no longer know. don't take it as a rant. i take it as u think i am bashing them. some of us need our phones to work for WORK related issues in them cases we can't aford to have them only half fuction. so i'm not complineing because i'm bored i'm noting the issue really needs tended too. i removed the task manager because it gave me issues and isn't needed. however i do need mms. i'd asume theres gotta be a way. anyways ya. have a good day.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh-ef-kay View Post
haha see i'm not the only cricket user saying mms is broken

now maybe when they care about us more they will fix it.
The problem is that MMS is known to have issues, and it's a hack in the first place. There are a lot of other issues we can be more productive in addressing. If you really want it working sooner than later, you're going to have to do some of the leg work yourself.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:32 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
i've herd wrose the point stands i'd not be so annoyed if they'd openly admit its an issue instead of ppl trying to hint it don't exist. just because cricket users are "Far and inbetween" don't mean we don't exist. as for the coders sure i give them all the props in the world, however there are many many many of them making roms for these phones. often times when something gets big and its made for miltipule carriers ppl tend to forget about the small ones. i've takin the time to do more then u'd think. i've mostly solved the issue by making custom registrys i can send fine. i receive from cricket users but not other carriers now. so really its gotten annoying after say 2+weeks. i've takin time out of my schudle to try to figure out the problem. i've hit a point where i no longer have any ideas so i no longer know. don't take it as a rant. i take it as u think i am bashing them. some of us need our phones to work for WORK related issues in them cases we can't aford to have them only half fuction. so i'm not complineing because i'm bored i'm noting the issue really needs tended too. i removed the task manager because it gave me issues and isn't needed. however i do need mms. i'd asume theres gotta be a way. anyways ya. have a good day.
As I said before, find LennySh in the chat room...he's the most likely person to help you with this issue.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gregpilot is a n00b

Quote:
I assure the have noticed your many asinine comments about the MMS issue. I totally understand your frustration about the issue but what I don't understand is your constant badgering of the developers. Here is the thing, this software was developed and made available for FREE to all of us. ... these guys spend COUNTLESS hours sitting on here and figuring out problems when they could be taking their kids to a movie, remember they have lives and jobs too.

<br

Amen to that. GaMedic. Thanks for re-stating that. No one here is entitled to anything, the kitchen is very generously made available to us. If there are bugs, ppl should do a little research and fix them.... or be patient. If you absolutely have to have something working 100%, now, maybe PM the developers and offer them a fair rate to exclusively work on your issues, I guarantee it will be fair but it won't be free.

Last edited by gregpilot; 03-22-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:32 PM
N00b

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregpilot View Post
Amen to that. GaMedic. Thanks for re-stating that. No one here is entitled to anything, the kitchen is very generously made available to us. If there are bugs, ppl should do a little research and fix them.... or be patient. If you absolutely have to have something working 100%, now, maybe PM the developers and offer them a fair rate to exclusively work on your issues, I guarantee it will be fair but it won't be free.

cute and ya i have done researching i've managed to make it work half*** but still sometimes thats not going to work i've searched over 15 topics here and nearly 25 at howardforums tried cheats for this phone as well as the 6800 the cheat for the 6800 got it working half way. but don't sit here and act like i don't make the effert because chances are i do my own reading/checking more then 80% of other ppl asking questions before trial and error. i post because i am Stumped.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
N00b

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
As I said before, find LennySh in the chat room...he's the most likely person to help you with this issue.

tried it. they blantly ignored my notes in the channel and in pm. so no i doubt they give a crap either lol as for anything else i put effert reading as in my last post.
i've tried many things no such luck i figured this would be WAY easyer for the coders to fix then i because A it worked in 6.0 of his rom. and B he built it? who better to know what changed from 6.0 to 6.1 then the creator?
Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)
Carrier: Verizon

DougWare is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWare View Post
I'll give it try once I get home. Perhaps the box should be labeled something like "Enable SSL checkbox".

Thanks for setting me straight on that, I'll let you know if I have further issues.

Doug
Just wanted to post a follow up, that seems to have fixed my issue...

Thanks for the advice!

Doug
Old 03-22-2008, 02:11 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
tried it. they blantly ignored my notes in the channel and in pm. so no i doubt they give a crap either lol as for anything else i put effert reading as in my last post.
i've tried many things no such luck i figured this would be WAY easyer for the coders to fix then i because A it worked in 6.0 of his rom. and B he built it? who better to know what changed from 6.0 to 6.1 then the creator?
Have you tried what I suggested as far as dumping the registry on the 6.0 and the 6.1? If you search there are free programs out that will allow you to dump the registry and yet another program that will allow you to compare registry's with little legwork. I can appreciate your statement about your busy schedule since I work 3 jobs myself. I have taken the time to find a few solutions to various issues, even being busy, and p***** on that help to others here. Thats the whole purpose of this community. I assure you your schedule is no more busy than some of the dev's and other users here. So please be patient. If you cannot get MMS to work you can always go back to 6.0 until the issue is worked out. I understand the MMS not functioning is a deal breaker for you, but it may take a while to fix. If you look back on the 6.0 ROM there were several issues that took quite some time to work out. Just hang in there and if you ask, do so nicely because insinuations that you or other "small" carrier users are not cared about is ridiculous and will not move your issue to the top of anyones list faster.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-22-2008, 04:22 PM
N00b

eh-ef-kay is a n00b

Quote:
Have you tried what I suggested as far as dumping the registry on the 6.0 and the 6.1? If you search there are free programs out that will allow you to dump the registry and yet another program that will allow you to compare registry's with little legwork. I can appreciate your statement about your busy schedule since I work 3 jobs myself. I have taken the time to find a few solutions to various issues, even being busy, and p***** on that help to others here. Thats the whole purpose of this community. I assure you your schedule is no more busy than some of the dev's and other users here. So please be patient. If you cannot get MMS to work you can always go back to 6.0 until the issue is worked out. I understand the MMS not functioning is a deal breaker for you, but it may take a while to fix. If you look back on the 6.0 ROM there were several issues that took quite some time to work out. Just hang in there and if you ask, do so nicely because insinuations that you or other "small" carrier users are not cared about is ridiculous and will not move your issue to the top of anyones list faster.
perhaps. but i'd asume i could take some time off my job "protecting your kids from online ppl" to spend more time figuring this out. my jobs busy others are prolly more busy but i asure u the government is very grumpy about getting work done. its even wrose when ya boss is family eitherway the issue seems to be just that an issue. the simple fact u've takin time to say something to me more then once shows u have nothing better to do yourself.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development