PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
Thanks for all the updates. I'm getting closer to flashing 6.1, but have the following error at the end of the Build:

Error writing to output file C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.6Temp\nk.bin. DO NOT USE IT! Exiting.

Any suggestions on what the problem might be, and how to fix it?
You are probably out of drive space.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:00 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopez62 View Post
ive tried using xp but when its in the build process "G'Reloc" fails to open a temp file so there for is unable to create the rom correctly..."i think"...but ill will try it once again using vista
What antivirus software are you using? Please try again with your antivirus software disabled.
Please also verify there is plenty of available space on your system drive.

Additionally, please PM me the amount of memory installed in your PC if you are experiencing this issue.

Last edited by gguruusa; 03-23-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Originally Posted by iggy
Have you disabled advanced network functionality under Settings\system 'USB to PC'?
I'm in another country (Israel) using someone elses XP computer. I've blown one travel charger and have been charging my phone with my wife's laptop, but she's away for a few days and I'm now using a regular desktop. I can't get my Apache to charge, much less sync [I couldn't get it to sync with the laptop either, but I didn't really care, as long as it would charge] and I'm a little anxious. I went to connections and 'USB to PC' isn't there!
Also, every time the device sleeps, I get a warning that my battery is low and then critically low. When I go to check and turn the device on, battery levels are fine. Related? Fixable?

Any suggestions?
Were you sure to do a hard reset after flashing? I know it is an elementary step, but many people overlook it. Many of these random, unexplainable issues are usually caused by remnants left from not doing a hard reset.

Now, if you did make sure to do a hard reset, then you definitely have other issues. Activesync can be picky, but I have not had problems connecting. Does the PC see the phone at all? Are you using a USB hub or anything other than connecting directly from the phone to the computer?

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 03-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (xv6850)
Carrier: Verizon

SilvOreo is a n00b
Talking Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You are probably out of drive space.
Out of Drive Space? How could I be out of drive space? I had 9.5GB free space two weeks ago... Holy Crap, you're right!!! What ate all my disk space? Couldn't be the pron... that's all on my 6700!

That fixed it. I moved a couple old folders to the NAS drive and freed up a couple gigs and what do you know? This thing works like a charm.

Thanks, Guru!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 03:20 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
Out of Drive Space? How could I be out of drive space? I had 9.5GB free space two weeks ago... Holy Crap, you're right!!! What ate all my disk space? Couldn't be the pron... that's all on my 6700!

That fixed it. I moved a couple old folders to the NAS drive and freed up a couple gigs and what do you know? This thing works like a charm.

Thanks, Guru!!!
Do you have a media center PC that records TV? That has been an issue for me. Had to delete some recorded prorams to free up space.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 03-23-2008, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 T7381
Carrier: 2degrees

mastersm is a n00b

I noticed on the latest BuildOS that there are a couple of carriers listed twice (Telecom NZ, etc. When I used Telecom NZ, not Telecomm NZ, customisations ran. Should I have let them run? Also which Telecom NZ should be used?

Also one 'feature' I found drained my battery is under Notifications, reminders are by default set to Repeat ***Uncheck this***, as it can easily drain a battery overnight.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Telecom NZ

blakamin is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersm View Post
I noticed on the latest BuildOS that there are a couple of carriers listed twice (Telecom NZ, etc. When I used Telecom NZ, not Telecomm NZ, customisations ran. Should I have let them run? Also which Telecom NZ should be used?
Dont let customisations run... it can cause hassles with your phones incoming calls when on standby! (I found out the hard way)

I was told yesterday in chat that this should have been turned off in the kitchen but was overlooked
Old 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastersm View Post
Sorry, I just noticed I misspelled the filename in an update. In c:\program files\ppckitchen.org\buildos, delete "buildos_config.txt" and rename "buildos config.txt" to "buildos_config.txt". That will take care of the multiple listings. You can also redo the update or wait for the next BuildOS update.

You should not let customizations run, unless you are using Tautoinstall.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started

SO......why would I wanna take my sweet, stable 6.0 setup and whack it for 6.1? What's the new kitchen doing for us? Synapsis of changes/updates/fixes/patches/anything else pertinent?

Also, I'm wondering if the main splash screen displays the narrow ppcgeeks banner at the top like it did with 6.0?
And what's with the offset crosshairs on the main splash image preview up on the toolbar? Is that showing me what's actually donna display? If I choose a 240 x 320 image I should get the whole darn thing, and not what's "in the crosshairs" so to speak, right?

AND, I'm wondering......with the 6.0 kitchen..POP/IMAP settings cooked in didn't "take" completely and had to be finished manually. Has this been addressed in the new ver?

Is there a bug thread for this kitchen? I found that the description bubble for the 6 button comm manager for the apache and titan are blank. I'm wondering what 6 buttons I'm gonna get. I see I can right clik on an OEM and actually get OEM info now.......that's good.

Last edited by Sarge, USMC; 03-23-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Cricket

glpenguin is a n00b

Xeroendo,

Had the same problem a short while ago. It was driving me crazy since I had done several flashes with the 6.0 Kitchen with no problems. Turns out that occasionally when I hook my 6700 up to my Vista laptop, it installs the MS usb driver instead of using the HTC usb driver. When it does, it won't flash. Same errors as yours. With the HTC driver, I just use NoID RUU and don't have a problem. I've got an old Sprint PPC flashed to work on Cricket. Hope this helps.

Last edited by glpenguin; 03-23-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development