PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 09:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

screech8780 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Hey all, I am new to this whole PPC following. I have been trying to get this kitchen to work, but everytime I try to build the rom I get this error:

Could not find file 'C:\Users\########\AppData\Roaming\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7Temp\temp\dump\Fran ais.layout'.

The space has 2 plus signs, one on top of the other, in the error message.

Anyone know what is causing this. I am running Vista and have a PPC 6700 Sprint phone. v2.02 with WM6.

Thanks

Last edited by screech8780; 05-18-2008 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700

screech8780 is a n00b

I found out what was causing it. Don't know if anyone else has had trouble with it, but it was the "PCMkeyboard".
Old 05-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

For anyone that is needing help, feel free to send me an email/PM and I will be glad to walk you through the steps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by screech8780 View Post
Hey all, I am new to this whole PPC following. I have been trying to get this kitchen to work, but everytime I try to build the rom I get this error:

Could not find file 'C:\Users\########\AppData\Roaming\hIq Inc\PPC-BuildOS\9.05.2.7Temp\temp\dump\Fran ais.layout'.

The space has 2 plus signs, one on top of the other, in the error message.

Anyone know what is causing this. I am running Vista and have a PPC 6700 Sprint phone. v2.02 with WM6.

Thanks
It's because of a spelling error in the filename. The latest ppcgeeks_oem.rar has this fixed. The latest updates have this fixed.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:13 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
For anyone that is needing help, feel free to send me an email/PM and I will be glad to walk you through the steps.
Or, post and everyone can contribute/learn.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work

Yea, but I find it much more enjoyable, and efficient talking 1-on-1. If it is technical support, I point them back to the forums; but, most of the time, it is just people not that confident about the process, and having someone there "next" to them, is very helpful. But, either way, I typically only have questions that have been asked before.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Deep Thinker

Hang out in the chat room. You'll be in 7th heaven.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

If the user doesn't have IM, then I do. ..
Old 05-20-2008, 04:54 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Has anyone seen an issue where the Apache shows an error that says that "A change has been made on the server that requires all items to be resynchronized" [not exact text, but close]? If you choose "no" then it just keeps on appearing later. If you press "OK" then it resynchs everything from scratch- usually taking at least 30 minutes.
I thought this was an issue with PocketInformant8, but we seem to have eliminated that possibility.
I'm now suspicious of the OS/POutlook as I noticed something else. On older ROMs, when I would sync contacts the ringtone would appear in one of the contact's tabs in Outlook. Now it doesn't. Does anyone else see this? The reason it's a concern is that when the first error I mentioned occurs, after the resynch, I lose all my custom ringtones. Nothing else. Not a killer, but frustrating.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO

bzxzlg is a n00b

Yeah Trident ... I had that happen one day last week ... Thought it was a bit queer ... But then I'm noticing a variety of small things [or so I think] that are starting to goof (no, I haven't docmented ; just havent' had the time)... Think I'm on day 45 for this build ... And yes folks, I've rebooted numerous times since then

Not sure what version corporate exchange sever is running ...

Cheers
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development