PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAnt View Post
... and operating as an administrator (as suggested) on Vista.
You do not need to be an administrator.

You will need to flash a rom again...your flash didn't work for some reason
Old 05-01-2008, 05:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC-6700, Blackberry 8830 WE
Carrier: Alltel (Because they RULE)

Psxmoe is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Psxmoe

Quote:
Yeah...I did. The initial picture comes up...and 2 secs later...the commands (or codes) show up on the screen
(H/W=2 P SNAZ-40306 etc)
and it just stays there. And it won't let me power it off...so the screen stays lit up.
Try Reflashing. This time with out any programs. I ran into a few problems by adding a lot of programs to be flashed with the ROM.

(Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile and At&T SUCK!) Alltel RULES!!!!!
Old 05-01-2008, 06:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

tjarnold is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to tjarnold

Quote:
My phone got stuck in bootloader mode, then the software finally went through after a few tries. The only problem is...it's now stuck on the BOOT SPLASH SCREEN, and it seems as though it's still in bootloader mode, but just with the spash screen png. I'm using a new (just got phone replaced yesterday) xv 6700, and operating as an administrator (as suggested) on Vista. Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?
Your ROM may be right at the full point. That happened to me and the only fix is to remoce 1 or more options when you do a build and see if that helps. For some reason ROMs dont always work right if its filled up almost exaclty full.
Smartphone History - Treo700wx(1) -> Apache(4) -> Titan(3) -> TP2(4) -> EVO(1)
Old 05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC-6700, Blackberry 8830 WE
Carrier: Alltel (Because they RULE)

Psxmoe is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to Psxmoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjarnold View Post
Your ROM may be right at the full point. That happened to me and the only fix is to remoce 1 or more options when you do a build and see if that helps. For some reason ROMs dont always work right if its filled up almost exaclty full.
Thx Tj i forgot to mention that as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

kinesis is a n00b

Sorry I never saw a response to this so Im asking again. Im having a constant problem in my phone's messaging - there is serious input lag, and as a result of this input lag it misses some character input and makes my sentences come out with a lot of typos. I was told increasing PagePool size in BuildOS would make it happen, so I bumped it 7 -> 10... doesnt work for me.. also turning off the autocorrect and intellisense has minimal effect. Should I increase pagepool more? Maybe theres a hack to increase messaging priority? any suggestions or ideas are appreciated, as this makes the phone somewhat unusable at times. thanks
Old 05-01-2008, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinesis View Post
Sorry I never saw a response to this so Im asking again. Im having a constant problem in my phone's messaging - there is serious input lag, and as a result of this input lag it misses some character input and makes my sentences come out with a lot of typos. I was told increasing PagePool size in BuildOS would make it happen, so I bumped it 7 -> 10... doesnt work for me.. also turning off the autocorrect and intellisense has minimal effect. Should I increase pagepool more? Maybe theres a hack to increase messaging priority? any suggestions or ideas are appreciated, as this makes the phone somewhat unusable at times. thanks
You have asked this question wuite a fewtimes. The fact that you have not recieved any answer that has helped you leads me to believe that your problem is one of a kind. Multiple peopel have given you suggestions.

It might be a good idea for you to start a seperate thread on this subject and see if that helps any.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv 6700
Carrier: Verizon

CraigAnt is a n00b

THANX PEOPLE! I took a few things out, put it back into bootloader mode, and redid it. Now, it loads up at the Spash Boot screen and even draws a signal (indicated by the signal light...which wasn't present before) and it makes a chime sound (like it's loading) and the screen goes blank. However I am able to turn the power on/off (the phone lights dim)...I just can't use any feature on the phone at all (blank screen with no response). Anyway...to make a long story short....because I needed my phone 2nite...I put it back in bootloader mode and ended up installing WM5 back onto it (from the UTstarcom website).

(get ready)
So even though I believe that there are no stupid questions...I might prove myself wrong by asking this...

To operate and install this kitchen software, should I have installed some early form of WM6 or some other ROM software? If so...are there any suggestions as to something that I should do 1st before trying this again?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
your cell radio and your bluetooth radio are tightly coupled - can't remove one and keep the other without a great deal of effort (if it's realistically possible at all)
Well, I can't say that bluetooth doesn't work, but it still appeared to be there. Just by removing the cord, after/during the flash process, of the phone module; I did this, and the phone radio actually was removed. I had no other problems with the device, and don't recall seeing the bluetooth, removed. However, I do know, that the Phone option on the comm manager, and it was like this, on boot:
PRL: xxx
Radio: None.

So, you may be right, but I know that it was a lot easier getting the radio to be disabled, then getting it to re-flash again.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

CraigAnt-

1. Make sure you have selected the correct bootloader version inthe kitchen.
2. Make sure you have selected your correct carrier.
3. Do a very basic instal with nothing on it and see if you get the same problem.
a. If you DONT havethe problem then add in the Microsoft programs that you are wanting to use and try again. ie word, excel, ect. (You should find the fewest issues here as many people use those programs.)
b. If that works then build ROMs where you add one or two moreprograms at a time and then test it on your phoen and see if it works.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Well, I can't say that bluetooth doesn't work, but it still appeared to be there. Just by removing the cord, after/during the flash process, of the phone module; I did this, and the phone radio actually was removed. I had no other problems with the device, and don't recall seeing the bluetooth, removed. However, I do know, that the Phone option on the comm manager, and it was like this, on boot:
PRL: xxx
Radio: None.

So, you may be right, but I know that it was a lot easier getting the radio to be disabled, then getting it to re-flash again.
That's got to be the worst way of going about it possible. You're lucky your phone works at all. I'm not sure you'll be able to flash another rom without flashing your radio, and it's possible you have completely broken your radio flash memory. Bluetooth/Irda/Wifi may well show up (I'm sure they do), but do they work?

Did you read my more recent post from No2Chem where all you need do is remove a couple of modules? Not only does that method leave your radio off, but it won't damage your phone AND you'll get a few extra megabytes to store stuff (which your method did not do)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development