PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2008, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

killerz298 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Can I go from 6.0 kitchen to 6.1 without a full wipe? Is there some type of upgrade method? I finally got my 6700 working nice and smooth the way I like it and would rather not have to go through all the reconfig again.

If that isn't possible, is there a way for me to save my call history and texts?

Last edited by killerz298; 04-26-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:38 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post
Can I go from 6.0 kitchen to 6.1 without a full wipe?
No

Quote:
Is there some type of upgrade method?
Yes, flashing a 6.1 ROM

Quote:
I finally got my 6700 working nice and smooth the way I like it and would rather not have to go through all the reconfig again.
Yeah, but if you want to upgrade...

Quote:
If that isn't possible, is there a way for me to save my call history and texts?
Yes
Old 04-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I too was having problems with a lag when entering text, especialy after entering the letter I. I corrected the problem by going into Settings>Input>Word Completion. Change the dropdown menu after "Suggest after entering" from After Space, to 3 letters. Change the other dropdown to suggest 2 words. This corrected the problem for me.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Can I go from 6.0 kitchen to 6.1 without a full wipe? Is there some type of upgrade method? I finally got my 6700 working nice and smooth the way I like it and would rather not have to go through all the reconfig again.

No you cannot go from 6.0 to 6.1 without hard reseting your phone which will delete all your contacts, emails, text, mms, etc. A hard reset resets your phone wiping all data stored. So basically you need to download the new kitchen then run a backup program for your info then cook a ROM from the 6.1 kitchen. You will then have to reinstall any programs you had installed post flash (from 6.0)and reconfigure your settings. If you are just wanting the threaded text I believe there is a cab install for it floating around.
If you have the program PIM Backup installed from the 6.0 Kitchen you can use it to backup your call history and ext messages. Unfortunatly the text backup has flaws so It may not work exatcly as you want it to because you will be moving to threaded text. I always delete my text when I upgrade so I am not sure how it will react. I hope that is a better answer than YES.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:34 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:

LOL. You can use something like PIMBackup to save call history, speed dials (this never works for me) & text messages. Then restore after the upgrade.
Contacts & calendar should be synced and then restored when you sync the upgraded device.

You might be able to restore a "loved" config by doing a selective backup/restore with a backup program like Sprite Backup. But I've always ended up reinstalling everything manually and then restoring individual programs from their own backups. Somehow the full restores never seems quite right.

Dang, I didn't type as fast as Ga. Medic!

Last edited by Trident; 04-27-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:42 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga. Medic View Post
I hope that is a better answer than YES.
he did not ask how, and the answer's only a quick search away :P
besides you did the search instead of him or me, i was productive today at work for once
Old 04-27-2008, 03:05 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
You might be able to restore a "loved" config by doing a selective backup/restore with a backup program like Sprite Backup. But I've always ended up reinstalling everything manually and then restoring individual programs from their own backups. Somehow the full restores never seem quite right.
A full restore will rarely work right when moving from one version of windows mobile to the next. Consider yourself lucky if even a partial backup works. As with a PC, your best bet is to reinstall everything when migrating between OS versions.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz

Hey, I know I've asked the question before (and searched), but no one has really addressed the issues yet.

The Data Connection icon and how it does NOT show idle mode. And, NO, I am not using push e-mail, and everything works fine with the same programs installed on both WM 5.0 and the 6.0 kitchen.

MMS seems to work fine with pics, but movies won't show. It thinks its showing (bar moves across the screen) but no movie. It works this way in the 6.0 kitchen as well. I can save the "object" and then play it in Media Player, but I can not get it to show in the MMS app directly.

My last problem was choppy performance in Media Player with my sync'd Media Center tv shows. The 30 minute files run about 78 megs. They play smooth as silk in the stock 5.0, but the 6.0 and 6.1 kitchens play choppy. I recently up'd the page pool to 12 (I think) in my 6.0 cooked ROM and that seems to have helped.

So, any of you Kitchen Gods have any ideas?

I'd like to try going back to 6.1 but
Old 04-27-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

killerz298 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPC_N00B View Post
he did not ask how, and the answer's only a quick search away :P
besides you did the search instead of him or me, i was productive today at work for once
Yeah, I was not really in any condition to search at the moment as my mental ability was slowed for some off topic reason. Thanks to those that helped.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigz View Post
Hey, I know I've asked the question before (and searched), but no one has really addressed the issues yet.

The Data Connection icon and how it does NOT show idle mode. And, NO, I am not using push e-mail, and everything works fine with the same programs installed on both WM 5.0 and the 6.0 kitchen.
My shows inactive/disconnected just fine. Also shows disabled/unavailable in flight mode.
Quote:
MMS seems to work fine with pics, but movies won't show. It thinks its showing (bar moves across the screen) but no movie. It works this way in the 6.0 kitchen as well. I can save the "object" and then play it in Media Player, but I can not get it to show in the MMS app directly.
You need a codec for that media type. No idea where to get one. If you find one, we'll add it to the kitchen.
Quote:
My last problem was choppy performance in Media Player with my sync'd Media Center tv shows. The 30 minute files run about 78 megs. They play smooth as silk in the stock 5.0, but the 6.0 and 6.1 kitchens play choppy. I recently up'd the page pool to 12 (I think) in my 6.0 cooked ROM and that seems to have helped.
By the filesize, I'm guessing you are playing these from SD? Try changing your SD block transfer size.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development