View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
GaMedic
Ditch Doctor

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerz298 View Post
Can I go from 6.0 kitchen to 6.1 without a full wipe? Is there some type of upgrade method? I finally got my 6700 working nice and smooth the way I like it and would rather not have to go through all the reconfig again.

If that isn't possible, is there a way for me to save my call history and texts?
No you cannot go from 6.0 to 6.1 without hard reseting your phone which will delete all your contacts, emails, text, mms, etc. A hard reset resets your phone wiping all data stored. So basically you need to download the new kitchen then run a backup program for your info then cook a ROM from the 6.1 kitchen. You will then have to reinstall any programs you had installed post flash (from 6.0)and reconfigure your settings. If you are just wanting the threaded text I believe there is a cab install for it floating around.
If you have the program PIM Backup installed from the 6.0 Kitchen you can use it to backup your call history and ext messages. Unfortunatly the text backup has flaws so It may not work exatcly as you want it to because you will be moving to threaded text. I always delete my text when I upgrade so I am not sure how it will react. I hope that is a better answer than YES.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>