PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700

gopher2011 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

I just tried to cook a ROM in 6.1 and it does everything in the build status, and then it says done...But teh RUU doenst pop up like in WM 6. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher2011 View Post
I just tried to cook a ROM in 6.1 and it does everything in the build status, and then it says done...But teh RUU doenst pop up like in WM 6. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
not posting the contents of your build status window or your selections.txt.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougWare View Post
I just wanted to share what (with a little luck) will be the last issues I have with WM6.1.

For the first time, I tried the OEMIZER to setup my Exchange Server / Owner Info. It seems that even if I leave SSL unchecked (in the OEMIZER), ActiveSync still complains that my server's SSL cert is invalid. I go back through the ActiveSync Server settings on the device and the SSL block is missing from the setup process. If I rebuild the ROM without the personal oem, I can setup my activesync server up without a problem.
I think this problem exists with all versions of WM. Some things just have to be done after the phone is fully booted.

Quote:
I'm am also experiencing a reproducible freeze that only a soft reset will fix. If I try to access the options for the agenda today plugin, my phone freezes each time. This is after several rebuilds and flashes.
Undoubtedly a conflict w/ something else, or you have lots of things in your today agenda. Today agenda has always been a bit erractic for me, on every Rom base.

Quote:
Lastly, I was experiencing horrible performance with the 6.1 ROM. I'm not saying anything is wrong with it, I love it, but everything took twice as long (and would lockup). I checked my PagePool setting last night from the kitchen and it was set at 768 (I never set it to that). I reduced it to 4 and now my 6700 is very fast, and there is almost no wait.
If it was truly at 768, that'd be bad. I don't know why you'd have seen that, I'll check. Setting the page pool is done differently than viewing, so don't be concerned that random bytes are being modified in your rom. I'll modify future builds to note what the original value is during the build process, which is much more accurate than the viewer screen.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnutt View Post
Has anybody else had a problem with Voice Command exiting with a low memory complaint? It's doing it with 20+ mb free.
There are multiple types of memory that can run out. Only one type is factored into your 20+ number. Run fewer/smaller (smaller in program size) today plugins is my initial suggestion.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

audionut952 is a n00b

OEMizer and exchange.

I have my account with Mailstreet. I never have had an issue no ssl check fo rme it goes to AS the first time. Screen pops up says "need to get cert from domain" something like that I hit OK and bam all my stuff is updated.

Exchange admins can lock accounts to certain phone's and software versions I believe and your just prolly under lockdown. I am sure its some security setting on the server side that is causing you issues.

Last edited by audionut952; 03-20-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Apache / 6700
Carrier: Sprint

holdenmichael is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel View Post
You probably did not include .NET in the build
That's exactly what the problem was. I spent some time in the chat last night and deck & unityblock (?) suggested checking off CF 3.5.

Thanks for all of the hard work and help. This kitchen makes it a little easier to wait for the 800w or settle for something else.

Seeing as how it's a group of you that's taking care of everything, what's the best way to donate? A little to each of you?

Excuse my laziness to search, but I'm on my Apache and unwilling to go back & check for a donate link on this site or the kitchen site.

Thanks again.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

jimnutt is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to jimnutt Send a message via MSN to jimnutt Send a message via Yahoo to jimnutt Send a message via Skype™ to jimnutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
There are multiple types of memory that can run out. Only one type is factored into your 20+ number. Run fewer/smaller (smaller in program size) today plugins is my initial suggestion.
Found the problem. I have an 8 gb sd card and I had filled it with about 6 gb of music. That many files was too much for voice command to handle. I unchecked the "media" box in the voice command settings and things are working again.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZ-6800 (previously VZ-6700)

DougWare is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to DougWare Send a message via Yahoo to DougWare

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionut952 View Post
OEMizer and exchange.

I have my account with Mailstreet. I never have had an issue no ssl check fo rme it goes to AS the first time. Screen pops up says "need to get cert from domain" something like that I hit OK and bam all my stuff is updated.

Exchange admins can lock accounts to certain phone's and software versions I believe and your just prolly under lockdown. I am sure its some security setting on the server side that is causing you issues.
Thanks, but that's not the case. This is a Zimbra server that I manage. It works as long as I don't include the OEMIZER package, if I do...then it doesn't work. That's the only difference.

Thanks for the idea though...
Old 03-20-2008, 09:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700

gopher2011 is a n00b

So this is what it says ggurusa, "error building system" i dont know what to do about that.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700

Kreigz is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Kreigz
Unhappy Re: Apache WM6.1 Kitchen CE OS 5.2.19716 (Build 19716.1.0.0) - UPDATED 20080308

I'm having the exact same problem. I fixed it when sync'ing to my XP laptop by removing and readding my contacts. However, I then get the problem on my Vista desktop machine. There, I have to unselect all the available sync categories, sync, reselect, and sync again.

This repeats itself every time I sync with the other device ... everything starts all over again.

If I can't find a way out, I'll have to go back to the WM6 ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLJeepGuy View Post
First off, let me say thank you to Helmi and others who have made this upgrade possible. I downloaded it and was able to install it on the first go from my Vista Ultimate machine (following the various instructions getting the RUU working). I've installed a fairly basic configuration and the phone seems to be running fine.

However, I'm having problems syncing...
  • I have two machines that I sync to: Home - Vista Ultimate with WMDC 6.1 and Office 2003 and Work - XP SP2 with AS 4.5 and Office 2003. Neither location is syncing directly to an Exchange Server.
  • I only sync notes, contacts, and calendar items
  • Prior to the upgrade both PCs synced with no issues
  • After the upgrade, I have been getting the "calnot.exe" problem someone referenced above on my home machine. This leads to random connection problems where I have to disconnect and soft reset the phone to get it to connect.
  • On my work machine, the notes and contacts sync fine, but when trying to sync the calendar I receive the following error: "ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop. Support Code: 86000107".
I've Googled for the error and it points to a possible "corruption" in the Outlook data. However, this only occurs in the new ROM. I've also found a few sites with people saying that WM6.1 doesn't play well when syncing to two PCs especially if one is Vista/WMDC and the other is XP/AS.

Any ideas on this? I'm really digging on the new ROM, and would hate to downgrade again. Then again, this may be a M$ problem and not something that can be fixed in the kitchen, but you guys are a lot smarter than me.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development