PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2008, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OEM To Be Added to Kitchen

Good morning all,

I have been testing an updated OEM for Arcsoft 4.2.8.1. I have had a thread going to for quite awhile now, with testing with users of VZW, Sprint, Alltel, and Cricket. I would like to nominate this OEM for inclusion in the PPCGeeks WM6 kitchen.

This OEM is all encompassing for the above carriers with small mods that have to be made in the reg to accomodate the specifics of each carrier. Testing has been successful after alot of feedback and tweaking.

How do I go about getting this added for nomination?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6875 WM6.5
Carrier: Alltel

lennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlennysh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to lennysh Send a message via AIM to lennysh Send a message via MSN to lennysh Send a message via Yahoo to lennysh Send a message via Skype™ to lennysh
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spetrillo View Post
Good morning all,

I have been testing an updated OEM for Arcsoft 4.2.8.1. I have had a thread going to for quite awhile now, with testing with users of VZW, Sprint, Alltel, and Cricket. I would like to nominate this OEM for inclusion in the PPCGeeks WM6 kitchen.

This OEM is all encompassing for the above carriers with small mods that have to be made in the reg to accommodate the specifics of each carrier. Testing has been successful after alot of feedback and tweaking.

How do I go about getting this added for nomination?

Thanks,
Steve
I have never gotten this OEM to work for me. It will receive, but I can not get it to send. I am one of the people who tested the Alltel stuff for this Kitchen before release. Send me your OEM, and I'll test it this weekend. If it does indeed work, then we'll do further testing on other carriers, and then if they all work, we'll see what we can do about adding it to the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar. I do not think they want anything added to the kitchen that is not compatible with some of the carriers. So this is why it will have to be tested on at least the major one's.

I've tried the OEM's of 4.0 and 4.2 . None of these have worked for me on sending.

Verizon's (CDMA) PPC-6875 (Rhodium_W/Touch Pro2) with WM6.5

Chat Rooms:
EliteTeam: Java or IRC Client
HTCGeeks: Java or IRC Client
PPCGeeks: Java or IRC Client

Click here to donate to the CDMA Raphael Project Team

Last edited by lennysh; 01-26-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennysh View Post
I have never gotten this OEM to work for me. It will receive, but I can not get it to send. I am one of the people who tested the Alltel stuff for this Kitchen before release. Send me your OEM, and I'll test it this weekend. If it does indeed work, then we'll do further testing on other carriers, and then if they all work, we'll see what we can do about adding it to the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar. I do not think they want anything added to the kitchen that is not compatible with some of the carriers. So this is why it will have to be tested on at least the major one's.

I've tried the OEM's of 4.0 and 4.2 . None of these have worked for me on sending.
You can obtain the OEM from my thread called Arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1. Please follow the instructions in my post that has the OEM. If you do have issues then please supply me with all needed info.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-26-2008, 02:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (6900)
Carrier: Sprint

davidjospehman is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to davidjospehman Send a message via Yahoo to davidjospehman
F**KING GREAT VERISON!!!

On Note: Next verison shoud have rule that will tell you when your ROM is too big for space in 6700 RAM. Sometimes I get very CLICK-HAPPY and make a HUGE ROM....LOL

Old 01-28-2008, 01:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

hachiroku is just getting started
yeah...great version.

i wasn't able to select all the items i want. this is about the 5th rebuild i'm compiling and i'm still over limit!!!
Old 01-28-2008, 08:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, iphone
Carrier: Reliance, Vodafone

vishalsheth is a n00b
I feel there's a bug in WM6. I'm not sure. I had original ROM and it synced all my PIM data well. Now with WM6, it does not sync. Contacts 3692/3998, Calendar 0/457, Notes 37/37 and Tasks 5/81. The total pim.vol size is 15.4M from File Explorer. The format is PPC/Outlook. These got synced. I have no clue why is this happening. Is there some restriction for the pim.vol size? Total pim.vol size was 16.2MB.Or are there any other kinds of restrictions? I read someone saying that having 10,000 contacts is not a problem. I'm nothing near to that. I've used the latest kitchen. Do help me please. I ran the kitchen from WinXP machine. I sync with Vista. Is there a way to get the no. of contacts, calendar, notes and tasks like outlook? This would be good. I'm giving this no. from PIMbackup, I also checked through Stools. I didn't do anything else with the above mentioned 2 programs.
I synced with outlook 2007 with wm6 on Windows XP. I still get the same result. Is anyone getting the same problem? I'm surprised why is everyone quiet on this? I'm definately looking for a solution.
also synced ppc with wm6 to outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The data is yet a problem. The result is the same. I think there's a bug in wm6 ROM. Dear Helmi, please look into this and help me. You can mail me on vusheth@gmail.com

Discussion has moved to http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=17155

Last edited by vishalsheth; 01-30-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Vishalshth,
I don't have a problem with my data syncing. You are the only person that I have seen withthis issue (multi posted I add). I don't know if it is a WM6 bug, could be, but we could also explore whether not it is a bug with the setup you are using. Please give us some information and maybe someone can offer some help. I see that you say you are using Windows XP, please confirm this. Which method you used to put WM6 on your device(Kitchen, prebuilt ROM)? Please refrain from cross posting so that you don't get conflicting answers. It may be best if you start a new thread. A good title may be "Problems syncing my device with Windows Mobile 6". You may get better results than posting here and having your topic covered up with other peoples discussions. I know I am saying don't cross post then encouraging you to make another one but I want you to get the support you need. If you decide to open your own thread I would encourage you to go back to your previous post and post a link to your new post. Maybe you could put in "Discussion moved here". I really hope we can help you resolve your issue.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
Old 01-28-2008, 12:00 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: xv6700 w/ helmi wm6
Carrier: verizon

cheesegrater is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to cheesegrater
every once in a while i have a problem syncing with activesync, i narrowed it down to wireless sync blocking the connection, even after i go through the "are you sure you want to do this" stuff. usually unplugging and plugging back in takes care of it. once in a while i have to soft reset though.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesegrater View Post
every once in a while i have a problem syncing with activesync, i narrowed it down to wireless sync blocking the connection, even after i go through the "are you sure you want to do this" stuff. usually unplugging and plugging back in takes care of it. once in a while i have to soft reset though.
So are you using Active Sync and Wireless sync? I gave up on using them together a long time ago because they seem to conflict each other. I don't see a reason to use both. Are you using wireless sync for email or for another reason? Depending on you email provider you should be able to set up your device to retrieve your email without wireless sync. I keep a PIM backup on my storage card in case I am away from my PC and cannot active sync after a hard reset. I don't see any good reason to use wireless sync. If there is any benfit someone let me know.
Old 01-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Verizon

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by hachiroku View Post
yeah...great version.

i wasn't able to select all the items i want. this is about the 5th rebuild i'm compiling and i'm still over limit!!!
They won't all fit. Avoid any of these huge ones that you don't need.

Here is a link to a list of all the OEMs by size.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=295
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FolderSize1.jpg (96.9 KB, 36 views) Click for barcode!

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development