PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetalc View Post
I am trying to build a new ROM (first timer) and I got an error .. attached the complete log. Can anyone pls look and help? thanks
If this is your first time you should probably avoid adding custom OEMs in your USER_OEM directory. In this case it's an OEM with UUID ffffffff-b94d-11db-8314-0800200c9a66 (I assume it's a customize OEM you made with OEMizer?) Anyway, there's a syntax error around line 43 in the rgu file in that OEM.

If you just pull that OEM and build again you'll avoid that error. Otherwise you'll need to delve into the rgu file and see what's wrong at that line.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Tricom

Nehemoth is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Nehemoth Send a message via Skype™ to Nehemoth
After install this upgrade can I also update to Mobile Office 6.1 without problems?.

Regards
Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The kitchen already has Office 6.1 - no upgrade needed
Old 12-02-2007, 11:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
If this is your first time you should probably avoid adding custom OEMs in your USER_OEM directory. In this case it's an OEM with UUID ffffffff-b94d-11db-8314-0800200c9a66 (I assume it's a customize OEM you made with OEMizer?) Anyway, there's a syntax error around line 43 in the rgu file in that OEM.

If you just pull that OEM and build again you'll avoid that error. Otherwise you'll need to delve into the rgu file and see what's wrong at that line.
Thanks. That was my first hunch. Unchecked it and rebuilt. Same error. maybe my selections did not get saved properly. Will try again.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sheetalc is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheetalc View Post
Thanks. That was my first hunch. Unchecked it and rebuilt. Same error. maybe my selections did not get saved properly. Will try again.
Got it to build - had to remove another directory from the OEM directory. But the main purpose of building this ROM was not achieved. I wanted to try VOIP calling using WiFI (I am on Sprint (CDMA)). Chose the WM6Voip module and was able to set my SIP settings using the "Voip Setup (Schap's)" I also see the "Internet Calling" as one of the items to add to my Today screen, but nothing comes up on my today screen for "Internet Calling" or anything. I have no option on my dialer to make a voip call either. Can anyone point me to a thread where this is explained / done? Thanks all!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

bradleyem is just getting started
I have a problem that is probably not related to the Kitchen or buildOS, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had it, and if there is a solution. I included HTC Home in my selections, and I really like it alot. One of the features that I use quite a bit is the Weather screen. This worked great at first, but now it won't update. I get an error stating "Unable to retreive data for selected city. Select here to retry." I have tried changing the city, and it still won't update. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Eric
Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Tricom

Nehemoth is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Nehemoth Send a message via Skype™ to Nehemoth
Exist a how to for beginning?

Course I'm a beginning with PPC stuff but I can handle Windows very fine..
Old 12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

blee0125 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyem View Post
I have a problem that is probably not related to the Kitchen or buildOS, but I wanted to see if anyone else has had it, and if there is a solution. I included HTC Home in my selections, and I really like it alot. One of the features that I use quite a bit is the Weather screen. This worked great at first, but now it won't update. I get an error stating "Unable to retreive data for selected city. Select here to retry." I have tried changing the city, and it still won't update. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,
Eric
Answer is here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12561

Search is your friend.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: 6700

familydog is a n00b
How To Internet Wifi Call

Use Gizmo's Software For The Ppc For Wifi Calls...
{if You Are Lookin For Really El Cheap Wifi Calls World Wide
Or In Your Own Country , City , Or State... Put Gizmo On Your Laptop... 2 Cents A Min. Anywhere Worldwide... You Get Your Own
Sip # And You Can Even Get Regular Ph # For In And Out Calls Too..
Ive Used Gizmo For 2 Years..back When It Was 1 Cent A Min Anywhere.. Beats The Crap Out Of Skype .... And Its Digital Quality..
It Has Some Pretty Cool Features Too.....

If Your Trying To Do Wifi Calls From Your Apache Or Starcom Using The Voip You Need A Sip Wifi Software Dialer App.... There Are Lots For Free On The Web....

If You Would Like To Call Ppc To Ppc Or Pc.. Or Pc To Pc... With Even Video Phone For Free....using Internet... Download Microsoft Portriat .... There Is A Version For Ppc An Seperately Pc ... Make Sure You Use The Right One On The Right Pc ..or Ppc ...
It Will Do Video Phone Over Even A Simple Phone Line/low Bandwidth

Well..those Are Some Cool Things I Know.... But Remember You Have To Have A Sip # To Make These Wifi Calls Work...as Well As A Dialer Pgm .... If You Purchase A Wifi Phone , {wifi Only Phone}
You Can Use That Sip # On Your Ppc ....

Give The Gizmo Mobile A Try.... Works Pettty Well...

Wifi Sip Dialer Application For Free... Sj Phone Is Great
Old 12-03-2007, 12:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800 Titan (on Sprint) / PPC6700 (Sprint) Apache / Sprint Touch

tiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIPtiermann is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to tiermann Send a message via Yahoo to tiermann
You May Want To Buy Stock In Shift Keys...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development