PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
6800bound,
be sure to hard reset after flashing, then do not allow your verizon customizations to run. (Soft reset during the countdown, after you set your clock.)
Old 12-01-2007, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spey View Post
luv2chill, thanks for the reply

?? So if I edit the rgu file to include references to the Ringtones that I want the ROM to automatically load to the Device Ringtone Folder and I have the sounds files in the kitchens USER_OEM Additional Ringtones Folder, will I still need to have these files in the Windows folder on the device? Hopefully, not.

My goal is to not have duplicate copies of the sound files on the device (except for sound files that I want access to from different programs like Alarms, which appear to be located by default in the Windows folder of the device).
Yes and no - if you look into that rgu file in the additional rintones folder you'll see where to add your rigntone file names. Yes, they will be in the windows directory, Yes, they will be able to be used as ringtones, even though they are not in the my ringones directory, No, they will not take up any space on the internal memory, since they are in ROM. You don't need duplicates in any other directories, as they will work just fine in the Windows directory.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint.

bridgep0rt is a n00b
Im a noob..... Will this work on my sprint touch???? and if so.... how do i flash it to my phone, and will this delete all my Phone #ers in my phone?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

avaya is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgep0rt View Post
Im a noob..... Will this work on my sprint touch???? and if so.... how do i flash it to my phone, and will this delete all my Phone #ers in my phone?
NO, this will not work on touch.. this is for the Apache only.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: Sprint.

bridgep0rt is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya View Post
NO, this will not work on touch.. this is for the Apache only.
thanks for the repl...check your pms
Old 12-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
All files baked into the ROM are in /windows, by definition. If you want ringtones/themes somewhere else, you shouldn't bake them into your rom.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:53 PM
N00b

robrob is a n00b
Fantastic Kitchen!

Just wanted to say how freakin' impressed I am with this kitchen and the rom it genereated. The phone is so much better than it's ever been. I really like how well the remote desktop works. I can finally run a complex web based program I have to use for work by remoting to my desktop. Sprint TV is a very nice bonus too.

Thanks again to Helmi_C and the PPCGeeks developers,

Rob
Old 12-02-2007, 02:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sheetalc is a n00b
Error while building ROM.

I am trying to build a new ROM (first timer) and I got an error .. attached the complete log. Can anyone pls look and help? thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip buildlog 071202-005545.zip (9.2 KB, 13 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-02-2007, 02:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Verizon

BobC is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spey View Post
tek2tirado,

PPCGeeks_OEM.rar does not belong in BuildOS or USER_OEM.

PPCGeeks_OEM.rar needs to be in the root kitchen folder. (In my case that is the Helmi 2007117 folder. The same basic area as the tips.txt file - a lot of good info.) The PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file is not required to build a basic stock like ROM.
Huh? When I run the Helmi_WM6_Apache_Kitchen_071117_1.exe file it installs (unpacks) an entire directory structure with C:\BuildOS as the (default) root of that directory structure.

Inside that root directory it creates several sub-directories (Apache_Helmi_WM6, BuildOS, Help & Support Files, Tools, SplashImages, Patches, Upgrade, User_OEM, etc.)

Where in this directory structure should the PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file be copied/saved? In C:\BuildOS? In C:\BuildOS\BuildOS? In some other directory?

Sorry, but I'm (obviously) confused. I understand the whole concept of the Kitchen, but I've never tried using one before....

Thanks for helping out a n00b...

Last edited by BobC; 12-02-2007 at 02:34 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
c:\buildos

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development