jhonny11
PPCGeeks Regular

jhonny11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spey View Post
luv2chill, thanks for the reply

?? So if I edit the rgu file to include references to the Ringtones that I want the ROM to automatically load to the Device Ringtone Folder and I have the sounds files in the kitchens USER_OEM Additional Ringtones Folder, will I still need to have these files in the Windows folder on the device? Hopefully, not.

My goal is to not have duplicate copies of the sound files on the device (except for sound files that I want access to from different programs like Alarms, which appear to be located by default in the Windows folder of the device).
Yes and no - if you look into that rgu file in the additional rintones folder you'll see where to add your rigntone file names. Yes, they will be in the windows directory, Yes, they will be able to be used as ringtones, even though they are not in the my ringones directory, No, they will not take up any space on the internal memory, since they are in ROM. You don't need duplicates in any other directories, as they will work just fine in the Windows directory.