PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 07:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Axim x51v and TouchPro 2 now Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

JohnMcD348 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Shipped Mango Roms Leak, Including The Verizon HTC Trophy

I think we share much more in common than not. I think you explained my predicament better than I did. Like I said in a previous post, this is still all new to me and find it a raving PITA at times. I really haven't worked hard with the new phone only because I've come into it in a huge transitional phase. I hope that once the updates and Mango are up and running, I'll be able to figure it all out.

With everyone's help of course.

Eventually, I'll get my phone unlocked so I can use the Windows Phone Device Controller, or whatever it's called. I'm away from my main PC now where I have it installed but not functioning. That looks like it would work similar to the old Remote Desktop.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how this all rolls out. I was never actually at the beginning of an OS before like this is. Even now, I come in at the tail end of the beginning.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@DavidinCT

oh u must not have seen me on the front page, I commented on it but I'm getting tired of it too. even on wpcentral there's haters or spec haters.
No, I missed it, sorry. I know the mods are going to give me crap for this (I get a PM every time I say something) but, it's the truth, so be it.

I dont read the news on the front page any more, It's so outdated and they only post the news they want. Even the DOJ block of AT&T/TMOUS, huge news on every site, this site just didn't even see it. As I look at it today, it's been over 12 days from the post of new news, and trust me, there has been a lot of mobile news over that time. Maybe they are short handed but, you do it or dont do it, there is no inbetween when it comes to News.

So, sorry, I didn't see it. I like this site but, front page news should not be something they do. If I want news, WPcentral or Engadget gets me about 90% of new mobile news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcD348 View Post
I think we share much more in common than not. I think you explained my predicament better than I did. Like I said in a previous post, this is still all new to me and find it a raving PITA at times. I really haven't worked hard with the new phone only because I've come into it in a huge transitional phase. I hope that once the updates and Mango are up and running, I'll be able to figure it all out.

With everyone's help of course.

Eventually, I'll get my phone unlocked so I can use the Windows Phone Device Controller, or whatever it's called. I'm away from my main PC now where I have it installed but not functioning. That looks like it would work similar to the old Remote Desktop.

Anyway, I can't wait to see how this all rolls out. I was never actually at the beginning of an OS before like this is. Even now, I come in at the tail end of the beginning.
It's cool, yes, I know how you feel and I agree with most of it. If you want any input or help from me, and others, don't threaten to go over to Android or the iPhoney because if you feel that way, then just go. We dont need the threats. We get enough bashing from Android and iPhoney users.

Fair ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 09-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
No, I missed it, sorry. I know the mods are going to give me crap for this (I get a PM every time I say something) but, it's the truth, so be it.

I dont read the news on the front page any more, It's so outdated and they only post the news they want. Even the DOJ block of AT&T/TMOUS, huge news on every site, this site just didn't even see it. As I look at it today, it's been over 12 days from the post of new news, and trust me, there has been a lot of mobile news over that time. Maybe they are short handed but, you do it or dont do it, there is no inbetween when it comes to News.

So, sorry, I didn't see it. I like this site but, front page news should not be something they do. If I want news, WPcentral or Engadget gets me about 90% of new mobile news.

It's cool, yes, I know how you feel and I agree with most of it. If you want any input or help from me, and others, don't threaten to go over to Android or the iPhoney because if you feel that way, then just go. We dont need the threats. We get enough bashing from Android and iPhoney users.

Fair ?
its mostly fandroids now that do the majority of the bashing, I rarely see the iSheep bashing it. on wpcentral there was a Symbian person bashing it.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
its mostly fandroids now that do the majority of the bashing, I rarely see the iSheep bashing it. on wpcentral there was a Symbian person bashing it.
LOL

(10 Char)
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
VIP Member

So, I ordered my new phone yesterday. So last night, I installed the leaked HTC rom for my Vzw Trophy.

It shows hidden Wi-Fi (you can add up to 3 hidden wi-fi spots), it seems a little faster and complete.

Notes:
-Battery life overnight noticed better, talked on the phone for over an hour and battery still showed very strong.
-Seems a little faster, more refinded than the beta (smoother animations)
-Hidden Wi-Fi
-Local Scout icon on the home screen.
-Help+How-to in the start menu
-Could not check out DLNA due to not getting access to the HTC app

It does seem like it would be the release, it does seem to be more finsihed. WIth this being said, I will be rolling back to the RTM for now.

The limits of 3 sideloading apps is too much for me. There is a lot of devs on XDA who make some cool apps that are not in the marketplace (never mind the nes emulator). There is no mod as of yet for these Leaked roms, if it was a upgrade, it would not be an issue.

I liked the battery and performance upgrades and I am sure there are more, I do wan to run it but, when it's hacked, I'll jump to it right away, it's worth it in that aspect. If there was a mod that worked today, I would not go back.

For the modding on the RTM, I get about 99% of the features and dont have to worry about the sideloading issue till the hackers get it done.

Edit: If you want to try any of the HTC apps for Mango, HTC Watch, HTC Locations, HTC Connected Media (DLNA support), HTC Attentive Phone (mango in the settings menu)

I found a way to grab them from the marketplace and posted them on XDA... see my post here (don't forget to hit thanks on XDA)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=274

You need to be unlocked to sideload them....

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-14-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Nice. Sounds like some of my wishes will come true. After the official release, I'll work on unlocking my phone and putting it to work. Thanks for the report and confirmation.

Last edited by JohnMcD348; 09-14-2011 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:02 PM
VIP Member

NOTE !!!! WARNING !!!! Read Very clearly about this update. Once you upgrade to this, there is NO rolling back to NoDO. I will repeat, There is no way to roll back to a older version of Windows Phone 7.

This does some changes to your phone, like update the firmware and radio. NoDo will not restore or a 7720.68 (from the upgrade method) backup will not restore.

I was trying to roll back to NoDO to go back to RTM (7720) so I could get my unlock back and it just fails. Thank god I have a new phone on it's way (I'm sure it will have NoDo on.
Old 09-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

and the trophy also doesn't have a good first stock ROM like the arrive does
Old 09-14-2011, 05:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
and the trophy also doesn't have a good first stock ROM like the arrive does
Yea, I would be interested to know if you coudl flash a rom back after upgrading to mango. There is a lot of radio/firmware changes, so it might not be possable even for you to roll back.

It was different with a TP2, as you were replacing the image, not the firmware/radio (I know the radios could be changed easy tho)

This is still pretty new to me (flashing roms) with WP7, so not sure yet...

I just wanted to give people a heads up on it tho... Someone who wanted a unlocked phone could be stuck with a locked phone (even a Dev unlocked phone is still pretty locked down)
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Will you be returning that phone when the new one comes in? If not, I wonder if the phone will act differently after the official ROM is released with the other HTC/Verizon U.S. files are added.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions