View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
DavidinCT
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: HTC Shipped Mango Roms Leak, Including The Verizon HTC Trophy

So, I ordered my new phone yesterday. So last night, I installed the leaked HTC rom for my Vzw Trophy.

It shows hidden Wi-Fi (you can add up to 3 hidden wi-fi spots), it seems a little faster and complete.

Notes:
-Battery life overnight noticed better, talked on the phone for over an hour and battery still showed very strong.
-Seems a little faster, more refinded than the beta (smoother animations)
-Hidden Wi-Fi
-Local Scout icon on the home screen.
-Help+How-to in the start menu
-Could not check out DLNA due to not getting access to the HTC app

It does seem like it would be the release, it does seem to be more finsihed. WIth this being said, I will be rolling back to the RTM for now.

The limits of 3 sideloading apps is too much for me. There is a lot of devs on XDA who make some cool apps that are not in the marketplace (never mind the nes emulator). There is no mod as of yet for these Leaked roms, if it was a upgrade, it would not be an issue.

I liked the battery and performance upgrades and I am sure there are more, I do wan to run it but, when it's hacked, I'll jump to it right away, it's worth it in that aspect. If there was a mod that worked today, I would not go back.

For the modding on the RTM, I get about 99% of the features and dont have to worry about the sideloading issue till the hackers get it done.

Edit: If you want to try any of the HTC apps for Mango, HTC Watch, HTC Locations, HTC Connected Media (DLNA support), HTC Attentive Phone (mango in the settings menu)

I found a way to grab them from the marketplace and posted them on XDA... see my post here (don't forget to hit thanks on XDA)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=274

You need to be unlocked to sideload them....

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 09-14-2011 at 11:52 AM.