PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile
Carrier: Verizon

Griff1324 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Originally scheduled for the 12th, it looks like the DroidX2 will be launching May 26th - DROIDX2 Launching May 26th with Dual-core Processor, qHD Screen and Gingerbread - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

As I stated before, I suspect the Trophy will be launched the same day. I can definitly see Verizon proudly announcing their latest Droid devices and simply leaving WP7 as a minor footnote. After the Kin mess, Verizon seems to be sticking it to Microsoft.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I guess we'll see....I'm not counting on anything. 19th, 24th, how ever, when ever. HTC Trophy on Verizon or the HD7s on AT&T, I'll be changing if that one is first.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

its really looking like the first June rumor is true.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

people are reporting vzw store managers and vzw call center reps are now confirming the 19th date and that goes along with best buys 19th date as well
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ENV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Knale is a n00b

This quote from WPCentral's Daniel Rubino just about sums it up right now. I'm in for the long haul of waiting, but this made me laugh.
"We're starting to think that this is just one big psychological experiment, meant to induce mass hysteria...on like five tech blogs."
Old 05-15-2011, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwrong03 View Post
people are reporting vzw store managers and vzw call center reps are now confirming the 19th date and that goes along with best buys 19th date as well
I'll have to call myself just to see what the deal is (and what they tell me).

You gota wonder why this game is happening, someone must be leaking something that just drops off. Maybe it's to build up hype for a mid-line phone, keep this up and people who were not going to get this phone might just because it's been hard to get.

I really hope this phone sells very well, so Verizon can see how much money they left on the table by dragging their customers along like this.

Any excuse after this point is just BS, they have no more excuses not to release the phone soon.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Has anyone heard anything else on this?
Old 05-16-2011, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

I dont think you will hear anything else..phones will start showing up in pics after the 19th STOCK date and announcements will be made at the press event.. a microsoft press event yet still no mention in print from big red...but the tiles in the press release are very deliberately red-thats ms throwing us a bone..Every page that was leaked then pulled last week, was done so intentially ..
The press event has to be (new) phones running mango.(I bet the hd7s is in there too) at least one from vzw...maybe the pro too? i mean vzw hasnt announced anything on anything so we dont know anything for sure except whatever is to be launched on the 24th has red tiles and looks a lot like a trophy and that came from ms -they want(need really) our buisness...big red has our buisness-they know worst case scenario youll buy an Iph0n3 and have the same service plan anyway: for big red to spend money advertising m$ wares is laughable and probably against their aple contract anyway. Lets hope this ends on the 26th.

Last edited by bonsaicommando; 05-16-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor

If people are referring to THESE press invites (attached below) the tiles are not VZW red; its more of an orangish-red similar to the colors found on a mango. If you need to compare just visit the VZW website. It doesn't make sense for VZW to wait for a Mango press event to release a phone without Mango functionality... but because that sounds so stupid, thats probably the plan. Why spend on a press event for a phone, when you can piggy-back on another event and save money.

I was ready for the Trophy on the 12th, I had even downloaded the Zune software in anticipation and had the money put away... im not as excited anymore. VZW missed the fever pitch of excitement for this device IMO and excitement has turned into resentment. The only thing that could justify this disaster of a release would be for the Trophy to have some additional software capability (and im not talking about some damn poker game). A bing Maps update or something along those lines would make the people who have waited this long say "ohhhh thats what they were testing."

I doubt this will happen though and the sad thing is; if WP7 sales do not take off like expected... nobody will blame VZW for their lackluster effort.

Microsoft sending out invites to a Windows Phone event on May 24
Old 05-16-2011, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsaicommando View Post
I dont think you will hear anything else..phones will start showing up in pics after the 19th STOCK date and announcements will be made at the press event.. a microsoft press event yet still no mention in print from big red...but the tiles in the press release are very deliberately red-thats ms throwing us a bone..Every page that was leaked then pulled last week, was done so intentially ..
The press event has to be (new) phones running mango.(I bet the hd7s is in there too) at least one from vzw...maybe the pro too? i mean vzw hasnt announced anything on anything so we dont know anything for sure except whatever is to be launched on the 24th has red tiles and looks a lot like a trophy and that came from ms -they want(need really) our buisness...big red has our buisness-they know worst case scenario youll buy an Iph0n3 and have the same service plan anyway: for big red to spend money advertising m$ wares is laughable and probably against their aple contract anyway. Lets hope this ends on the 26th.
What press event are you talking about ? Verizon just gives me "Very soon" (exact quote from about 10 min ago).

Still sick of this shit...
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions