PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 05:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

hope they pushed back the revolution for a quiet trophy release tomorro...this is bs i never seen a release like this before wtf
Old 05-11-2011, 10:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Is it typical for Best Buy to stock and release phones on launch day? I don't shop there and was just wondering why so many people are calling and posting information recieved from a retail store.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Well, it's midnight and vzw.com does not show it.... WTF

Edit: I guess another week goes buy and no release. I guess we wait till next week.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Looks like the 19th is when it's going to come out. Unless it shows up later today, which I doubt it will. I was really hoping it would have been available after I came back, but that's too much hoping for Verizon.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:51 PM
I am a Patriot
Pocket PC: touchdiamond<treo800<touchpro<touchpro2<arrive<evo
Carrier: sprint

rrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIPrrjskj is a VIP
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

i should have came here and read this 1st b4 i took my buddy up to vzw is it for certain they're gonna be getting it by the 19th ???
Old 05-12-2011, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Nobody really knows. Knowing Verizon, it won't be until June sometime.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile

Griff1324 is a n00b

I would like to to see this come out next week on the 19th (hell, I would have liked to seen the Trophy out months ago) but I am leaning towards a release date of the 26th.

The Microsoft Windows Phone special event is on the 24th. It is expected that this event will be a preview of the Mango update which I believe it will be. However, I also think that they will announce WP7 on Verizon this same day. Here is why I suspect this will happen.

1. The event falls on a Tuesday which is the day Verizon typically announces phones.

2. The invites to the event are red and the the Trophy on the invite has red tiles, which just happens to be Verizon's color.

3. Verizon typically releases phones on Thursdays. The 26th will be two days after the MS special event and the last Thursday before June. This entire time Verizon has claimed that the phone would be out by June.

I really do hope that the Trophy will be released next week as I both need and want a new phone. My old Omnia running Windows Mobile is on it's last legs. I am not a fanboy of any one manufacturer or OS but I just bought an iPad 2 and it has me considering an iPhone more everyday.

With the iPhone, I won't have to repurchase my apps over again. The Apple app selection is huge and IMO the hardware design of the phone looks great. However, I love the UI of WP7 and I am big fan of the Zune music service. I just wish Verizon would release the damn Trophy so that I can move onto my next gadget to obsess over

Maybe, Verizon is holding back on the release of the Trophy until just after the MS Event because Verizon will be the first to bring a phone to market with some Mango love! Pfft...yeah right.

Last edited by Griff1324; 05-12-2011 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff1324 View Post
I would like to to see this come out next week on the 19th (hell, I would have liked to seen the Trophy out months ago) but I am leaning towards a release date of the 26th.

The Microsoft Windows Phone special event is on the 24th. It is expected that this event will be a preview of the Mango update which I believe it will be. However, I also think that they will announce WP7 on Verizon this same day. Here is why I suspect this will happen.

1. The event falls on a Tuesday which is the day Verizon typically announces phones.

2. The invites to the event are red and the the Trophy on the invite has red tiles, which just happens to be Verizon's color.

3. Verizon typically releases phones on Thursdays. The 26th will be two days after the MS special event and the last Thursday before June. This entire time Verizon has claimed that the phone would be out by June.

I really do hope that the Trophy will be released next week as I both need and want a new phone. My old Omnia running Windows Mobile is on it's last legs. I am not a fanboy of any one manufacturer or OS but I just bought an iPad 2 and it has me considering an iPhone more everyday.

With the iPhone, I won't have to repurchase my apps over again. The Apple app selection is huge and IMO the hardware design of the phone looks great. However, I love the UI of WP7 and I am big fan of the Zune music service. I just wish Verizon would release the damn Trophy so that I can move onto my next gadget to obsess over

Maybe, Verizon is holding back on the release of the Trophy until just after the MS Event because Verizon will be the first to bring a phone to market with some Mango love! Pfft...yeah right.
ohh boooo plz hold out and refrain from buying an iPhony, that's exactly what they want u to do ¿ no lo ves?
Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

im with you Griff...honestly look at vzw latest phones -1st 4g, -1st playstation phone ,dual core phones etc ...they dont want the bad press of just a mediocre winpho7 release thats 6 months old..especially after the kin...
they want something they can sell -obviously .Lets hope they have something else up their sleeves ...there must be something exclusively verizon, and Id be willing to bet its not free.

Last edited by bonsaicommando; 05-13-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Well, as we all know, the 12th has come and gone. Now the latest is the 19th, Who really knows at this point but, all we DO know, is we are pretty close. It should be within the next 2 weeks

-best buy training and website
-Xbox Trophy listing (I got in for it)
-Phone showing up on Craigslist (I emailed but, never got a reply)
-Verizon "Windows Phone" support fourm
-Employee Training
-Microsoft employee deal expired
-a Few assorted tweets here and there.

We know we are close but, how close ? All I know is the HD7s is not out, so I am still waiting for what phone comes first still.

Here's WPcentrals latest, there is a post from someone claiming the 19th but, again, it's just rumor....take it with a grain of salt... Oh, yea, they will give you a free xbox game (how do you get in on this one ?)

Verizon Trophy for the 19th & now with free Xbox game? [Rumor] | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Maybe Verizon is playing into this....think about it. If they follow forum posts (and this site is not the only place), they are buiding larger demand for it, so when they release it, it will be a huge seller. Think about it....
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions