PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 11:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jaeskill is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Wireless Windows Phone 7 status updates !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
What press event are you talking about ? Verizon just gives me "Very soon" (exact quote from about 10 min ago).

Still sick of this shit...

The post above mine (and a lot of other posts on other forums) give the idea that VZW is going to announce the Trophy during the MS press event, Tuesday 24th of May. I attached a link to the invite at the bottom of my last post. So, according to what I am reading, the Trophy is expected to be released the Thursday after the MS event which is highlighting Mango. If VZW releases this phone within two weeks after this press event it will be the dumbest shit I have ever witnessed in marketing. MS will discuss great things for the future and then VZW is going to announce a phone that can't do ANY of the shit that was just discussed? Who sells anything like that? The Mango update will not sell handsets it will make the masses wait to buy one, just like the iphone 4/5 situation.

I guess I posted to remove any hype that may develop around this new date because it makes the least amount of sense to me. The invite is not VZW red, the Tuesday-Thursday pattern was just disproven with the release of the Droid Charge so it is no longer a solid formula to rely on, the MS press event would be the worst time to announce a phone with none of the functions that will be revealed to the world on the 24th. Without an official announcement or news from somebody that gets a verbal confirmation from VZW, I dont think anything should be posted as far as a date. The 24th may be true... but if its not, the potential disappointment when it is not announced wont be VZWs fault, it will be our own.

edit: I think VZW NEEDS to release the phone this week. If they dont, sales will suffer. I hope the 12th was the stocking run for the phones.

Last edited by jaeskill; 05-16-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 AM
VIP Member

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

they announced xperia play...still no trophy WTF
Old 05-17-2011, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2

Jmallit is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Jmallit

They also announced the LG Revolution. Why does VZW hate us?
Old 05-17-2011, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache,touch pro,omnia i910,imagio
Carrier: vzw

bonsaicommando is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeskill View Post
The post above mine (and a lot of other posts on other forums) give the idea that VZW is going to announce the Trophy during the MS press event, Tuesday 24th of May. I attached a link to the invite at the bottom of my last post.
I dont think anything should be posted as far as a date. The 24th may be true... but if its not, the potential disappointment when it is not announced wont be VZWs fault, it will be our own.
Sorry... im still pretty new to posting links and i'm awesome at making up crazy BS. Because of this some of my posts might not make sense to everyone but just hear me out... Your posting of this does look quite mango I agree..but if you compare that to this (which I very poorly linked too in the first word of my post#261) there is definitely a difference in color...it is still not 'big' red I agree but now compare it to this screenshot from best buy via Davidinct's post #278 ...tile 4 tile (and color)and what do you see.. mango colored verizon baby. M$ doesnt do press events for nothing you know.

CRAPPY RUMOUR ALERT "Further more while im standing out here wildly speculating creating rumors getting people all riled up for nothing.. there is obviously some kinda xbox happening maybe THIS + THIS will add up to something..and I am making that up so dont spend any time thinking about it guys and remember 2+2=5 "CRAPPY RUMOUR ALERT

Oh and one more thing- Verizon ... seriously what the f*ck is wrong with you ? not one word??? You are not making any freinds here..I hope there comes a day when you need M$ and their customers, and they make you do the donkey act..Maybe the skype acquisition removes just a little of your relevance;-it does for me.

Last edited by bonsaicommando; 05-17-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

I'm sure people have seen this... Another Trophy in the wild...

Verizon Trophy: Another Unicorn Sighting? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Well, it was on ebay classifieds and I emailed the guy (hope it's ok that I post this), I got a reply this morning.

The phone was sold yesterday for $350 (Man, I would of been all over that), He did have the phone and has some connections, that is how he got it. The HTC Trophy has been released to *LIMITED* Microsoft employees and said it will be availble for release in 2-3 weeks.

Take this with a grain of salt but, who here has talked to someone who has handled a Verizon HTC Trophy ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 05-18-2011, 10:14 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
I'm sure people have seen this... Another Trophy in the wild...

Verizon Trophy: Another Unicorn Sighting? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Well, it was on ebay classifieds and I emailed the guy (hope it's ok that I post this), I got a reply this morning.

The phone was sold yesterday for $350 (Man, I would of been all over that), He did have the phone and has some connections, that is how he got it. The HTC Trophy has been released to *LIMITED* Microsoft employees and said it will be availble for release in 2-3 weeks.

Take this with a grain of salt but, who here has talked to someone who has handled a Verizon HTC Trophy ?
How is the display on when the battery is sitting next to it? Unless he sold that phone with 2 batts or there is some new feature that allows WP7 devices to work without a power source there is no way that picture is legit. Probably just some prankster.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:09 PM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I got in touch with a relatively top exec (not VP level but far above store manager) at Verizon about the Trophy. I'm not going to give out too much detail on how I found their information as they basically said they can't say much directly as Verizon is quick to terminate anyone who breaches their policies. My guess is that means he'll get fired if he gives out info on the release date or too much info about the Trophy. Reading between the lines I think he doesn't think Verizon has a firm exact release date yet of course I could be misinterpreting/reading too much into it.

On the items he was a bit clearer about - He basically agreed that the Trophy was pretty low end in the hardware department but it is only their initial device. He believes that in the long term they'll have something good.

Last edited by boe; 05-18-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaeskill View Post
How is the display on when the battery is sitting next to it? Unless he sold that phone with 2 batts or there is some new feature that allows WP7 devices to work without a power source there is no way that picture is legit. Probably just some prankster.
Plastic is still on the phone, if you look close, you can see the bubbles too... I talked to the guy over a few emails, I don't question that it was real. If he didn't sell it, I was going to drive the 4 1/2 hours each way to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
On the items he was a bit clearer about - He basically agreed that the Trophy was pretty low end in the hardware department but it is only their initial device. He believes that in the long term they'll have something good.
We've all known that all along that it was not a high end WP7 model but, there really isn't a HIGH END model to start with, unless it's got a 4'3" display or a keyboard, 95% of the specs are the same. 3.8" SLCD along with everything else, it does not look like a "BAD" phone.

Look on XDA, most people who have the Trophy love it. I only wanted it for a 1 year contract (as I know better models will be coming soon) but, I might try to buy it off contract (figure it's around a $400 price point at full price).

Wish they were getting more but, Sprint only has the Arrive on their release model (AT&T had a few) and I don't see them getting another phone any time soon (right away)

EDIT: I wonder how true this is....

http://twitter.com/#!/corrydiehl/sta...02386530058240

@corrydiehlCorry Diehl
@

@Bc3tech #trophy confirmed by verizon employees at @Teched_NA for the 19th

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-18-2011 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:36 PM
N00b

I seriously think the ebay model is a fake. I downloaded the pic to see if the text was plastic (you were right about that) but I also noticed that the Verizon logo on the device has an obvious rectangular box around it. I think it was a photoshop job. It may have been a real Trophy but it was not the VZW model.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom--> HTC Trophy

WMFan85 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

This is really getting quite annoying. I had my wife upgrade her line so she could get a new phone because I thought the Trophy was coming out way back in March. I am regretting that decision everyday. If I wasn't locked in, I'd move over to AT&T in a heart beat. The coverage is somewhat similar around here. I know their customer service isn't the greatest, but this incident with the Trophy sure isn't making Verizon look good.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions