PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 04:39 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Phone 7... Doomed?

id say yes wp7 is pretty much a failure. hence why no one can dev for it at all.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
id say yes wp7 is pretty much a failure. hence why no one can dev for it at all.
er...
Windows Phone 7 Marketplace now has more than 20,000 developers
I think the link speaks for itself =)
Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 PM
#1 troll!

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
er...
Windows Phone 7 Marketplace now has more than 20,000 developers
I think the link speaks for itself =)

i could care a less about apps, im talking about actual development from our devs such as roms & themes. btw go to xda and see all of the complaints and returns on the wp7 line.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:43 PM
VIP Member

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
i could care a less about apps, im talking about actual development from our devs such as roms & themes. btw go to xda and see all of the complaints and returns on the wp7 line.
uhhh
WP7 Live Services Security Cracked, Full HD2 Port Imminent?
Windows Phone 7 Now Runs Native Code; Jailbreak Imminent?
Windows Phone 7 ROM Leaked at XDA
and ...
WP7 on HD2 [Cotulla Development status preview] - xda-developers
...just because some members of ppcgeeks aren't openly posting information regarding development doesn't mean development is not happening. Actually xboxmod and others have really made development progress exponentially. So I'll say this
wanna try again?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:57 PM
#1 troll!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
uhhh
WP7 Live Services Security Cracked, Full HD2 Port Imminent?
Windows Phone 7 Now Runs Native Code; Jailbreak Imminent?
Windows Phone 7 ROM Leaked at XDA
and ...
WP7 on HD2 [Cotulla Development status preview] - xda-developers
...just because some members of ppcgeeks aren't openly posting information regarding development doesn't mean development is not happening. Actually xboxmod and others have really made development progress exponentially. So I'll say this
wanna try again?

when i see a custom rom ill believe it. as far as themeing, microsoft is in talks to see if they will allow it or not. im just saying more people are unhappy with wp7 currently then not. trust me as ive been in several discussions about it over on xda. most of the dealers aren't even heavily trying to push wp7 on customers.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
when i see a custom rom ill believe it. as far as themeing, microsoft is in talks to see if they will allow it or not. im just saying more people are unhappy with wp7 currently then not. trust me as ive been in several discussions about it over on xda. most of the dealers aren't even heavily trying to push wp7 on customers.
custom rom? *sighs*
[10 ROMs]Windows Phone 7 Global Unbranding for Mozart, Update on 09.01.2011, by ansar - xda-developers
[49 ROMs]Windows Phone 7 Global Unbranding for HD7, Update on 04.01.2011, by ansar. - xda-developers
that by our calculation counts over 59 custom roms (49 for the hd7 and 10 for the mozart)
and for good measures
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1#post10470741
ahum...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

@noir lol dude you're silly. Anyway as i stated earlier, i don't thing windows phone is doomed but i think that aside from nokia, microsoft is in the most trouble. Now i know i'm going to make alot of people mad. I also can't believe i'm thinking this myself, but i must be honest. I know we still have MWC and CTIA coming up. However it would seem that microsoft's os isn't fairing to well and it won't be changing anytime soon. After looking at ces and all the android phones/tablets and media devices being announced. I'm starting to doubt any of the carriers or hardware makers care too much about wp7. I mean first off, google/rim/apple and HP all have tablets either out or coming this year running their respective os'. That means less attention being paid (by hardware companies) to wp7. I know they have a few tablets with windows 7 but it doesnt have the same flexibility and marketability of a modified mobile os. The big reason would be apps of course. Wp7 honestly isn't even ready for mobile phones (lack of full landscape support,copy/paste) and since they wont let companies use custom ui's i think they lesson the potential of them making a phone or tablet. I know im not the only one that can see this happening. Everyone is supporting android and now with the tablet phenomenon, microsoft is even further behind the 8 ball. Another problem is no one is even trying to push windows phone. Sure, att has a commercial or two and im not even sure tmobile does. Now the dates of updates and cdma releases are getting even more confusing and on top of that verizon is about to get the iphone. Att's bread and butter is leaving (in a way) and what do they do? Announce killer android phones. That means verizon and att will focus on the iphone first and foremost and it looks like android will be second. Especially with verizon and their droid line.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 01-10-2011, 04:55 PM
VIP Member

and once again xda strikes
access to registry is GOLDEN!
I think development on wp7 is so new but so similar to wm that a lot of strides being made are from previous top developers on windows mobile platform. I am definitely sure this will lead to a lot of fun. Now to find a htc device
Old 01-16-2011, 03:58 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Honestly I dont know not one person that has a windows phone lol. I do find it odd that Microsoft keeps touting their Kinect sales #'s but wont give any on wp7. Theyll only address how many they actually sent to stores.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02
Wp7 blows!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > General Windows Phone 7 Discussions